I want to remap my trigger buttons on my regular xbox controller

Discus and support I want to remap my trigger buttons on my regular xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How come this is not a thing? - I don't have ( or want) an elite controller - I just want to remap my trigger buttons - LT to A, RT to B. Simple. -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SalBCrumb, Feb 20, 2021.

1. SalBCrumb
    SalBCrumb Guest

How come this is not a thing?

- I don't have ( or want) an elite controller

- I just want to remap my trigger buttons - LT to A, RT to B. Simple.

- I know i can remap the other buttons through xbox accessories app.

- It doesn't matter why i want to do it, i just want to do it.

Can someone from Microsoft answer in any sort of meaningful way why this is not a thing you can do on a regular controller? Be honest here.I feel like the only reason why is to just screw us all into buying elite controllers. If that's the case, just be honest about it. But it would be nice to just add this feature and let the elite controller sell itself on it's customization, paddles, trigger stops, etc.

Sorry for being so blunt/salty about this, but TBH not being able to do this is really, really stupid( like still using AA batteries in your controller stupid).

You can do this on a Playstation... so WHY NOT XBOX? Anyone got a good answer on this? Should i check back in a few years?

:)

SalBCrumb, Feb 20, 2021
  2. The Mighty Pen Win User

can I remap my triggers to other buttons?

I am not seeing a way to remap my triggers. all the other buttons can be remapped, but not the triggers. Am I missing something?
  3. choppyseize Win User

Hello do you have an elite controller? If so you can remap all the buttons using the accessories app. Regular controllers are limited and can only be remapped in some games.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

You do have the option of swapping the triggers on a non-elite controller, but not remapping it to a button of your choice.
  5. mjuniorjr Win User

Remap triggers buttons in Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi, I want to know how to remap the triggers buttons to another button?

Thank you!
    Please help me!
  6. Doe the second Win User

adaptive controller

So I tried remapping buttons using a regular controller but when I then plugged in the steering wheel I was unable to access that facility.
Thema:

1. I want to remap my trigger buttons on my regular xbox controller - Similar Threads - remap trigger buttons

2. Remapped buttons work only when connected via usb cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remapped buttons work only when connected via usb cable: Hi , I've remapped my xbox one cotroller with xbox accessories , and it was working fine ,when I needed to use it back again with Bluetooth connection so I unpluged the usb but the controller...
  3. Right handed fight stick and full remapability

in XBoX Accessibility
    Right handed fight stick and full remapability: There are a couple things which prevent the Xbox button map of system to be a perfect way to make adjustable controllers. For fight sticks the biggest one is contour.if one were to 180 a typical...
  4. Xbox Controller Remap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Remap: I have recently purchased a wheel, (to be specific, a Thrustmaster TMX), but the paddleshifters (RB+LB) and the Menu/Activate buttons are overlapped. I would like to use the overlapped buttons for...
  5. Right handed fight stick and full remapability

in XBoX Accessibility
    Right handed fight stick and full remapability: About a month or two ago I received a review from Hori USA about my design of fight stick from my website of http://www.sinistersticks.com. they said they loved night idea they said they think it...
  6. can I remap my triggers to other buttons?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I remap my triggers to other buttons?: Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to map my triggers to other buttons on the controller. I know that I can swap triggers left and right, but I wanted to be able to map them like you...
  7. Remap triggers buttons in Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Remap triggers buttons in Xbox One Controller on Windows 10: Hi, I want to know how to remap the triggers buttons to another button? Thank you! e93bfe33-87c5-4062-ab9d-772b01539163
  8. Please make the accessories app able to remap triggers on all controllers, not just elite ones

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make the accessories app able to remap triggers on all controllers, not just elite ones: I love SSX 3, and the backwards compatibility control scheme is completely messed up on the xbox one controller. The 2012 reboot did the controls perfectly on the one controller. I dont have an...
  9. Is there anyway to play with a standard control and remap the triggers with the bumpers on BO2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to play with a standard control and remap the triggers with the bumpers on BO2?: I'm having trouble playing flipped on my xbox one standard controller. I tried remapping the buttons but it seems that there is no way to move our triggers to bumpers. I just want to be able to...
  10. Xbox One Remapping not working with Triggers FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Remapping not working with Triggers FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: So anyone else having this issue with not being able to remap the triggers on the xbox one controller? I was able to before the update, then the triggers disappeared and now you can't remap those....