I want to retrieve my passed away brothers account

Discus and support I want to retrieve my passed away brothers account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My brother passed away a few months ago and I had to go through his xbox. Is there anyway I can get access to his account so I can play on it and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by joshuahunt4, Jan 12, 2021.

1. joshuahunt4
    joshuahunt4 Guest

My brother passed away a few months ago and I had to go through his xbox. Is there anyway I can get access to his account so I can play on it and continue what he started.

:)

joshuahunt4, Jan 12, 2021
  2. addictgaming360 Win User

Brother Passed Away

Ser Collop, I don't think your husband would get mad that you bought games on your brother's account so your brother whom past away could play them.

As you understand from gamesharing family. There's no harm in doing that.. I feel your little brother wouldn't get the account banned like what smwutches mention.

However like other ambassadors mention you can't transfer digital games. If you could. Then that would be heavily abused. Just like steam games and blizzard account once the item is bounded on the account. Can not be removed or traded.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Brother Passed Away

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Unfortunately accounts and digital content are not transferable. Its actually a violation of the code of conduct to give away accounts so your other brother would be at risk for having the account banned if he were to use it.
  4. Castellus Zemi Win User

Brother Passed Away

If you did not want to lose access to your brothers games on his account you will need to continue game sharing with that account. There is no way to transfer digital game license from one account to another.
  5. LPG Sprayin Win User

Enforcement

My account got banned for communications when I was at work earlier today, so I added a pass key to it, in case my little brother got on my account while I was away at work
  6. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Game Pass sharing

if you want to play game pass on pc you must use your brother's account since your account does not have this service since the purchase was made with your brother's account
Thema:

1. I want to retrieve my passed away brothers account - Similar Threads - retrieve passed away

2. Can I retrieve a Xbox username for which the email was deleted by Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I retrieve a Xbox username for which the email was deleted by Microsoft?: Hi all, I used to have an Xbox gamertag and I had made it when I was very young, it's still the same username I use for PC and all that. My Microsoft Account was deleted because of inactivity...
  3. How to retrieve all Xbox Game Clips API

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrieve all Xbox Game Clips API: Hello, I am looking for retrieving all the Xbox video clips for a specified GamerTag, in a non interactive way (in a Web service in fact). I am already able to headless login and to get a token...
  4. ARK Error "joining failed" "could not retrieve address"

in XBoX on Windows
    ARK Error "joining failed" "could not retrieve address": im trying to join friends Ark server but when i try to join from PC it says Error "joining failed" "could not retrieve address" those are the 2 errors i run into any help for this issue?...
  5. Windows Screen Recording via Xbox Game Bar - Capture retrieval error

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Screen Recording via Xbox Game Bar - Capture retrieval error: I'm trying to record my screen activity via Windows Gaming (Windows + G) but shows "There was a problem getting your captures. Try again in a bit" Anyone else? Is there a fix? Thx...
  6. Series x account retrieval = always try again later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x account retrieval = always try again later: Hi Bought the series X earlier today. Starts up fine but as soon as I put in my account password I get asked to try again in a while. This has now been taking place for 3 hours - many times the...
  7. ps4 account retrieval

in XBoX on Consoles
    ps4 account retrieval: I dont know what to do anymore ive looked up so many videos and ive even gone and looked at the Microsoft page for answers, its keeps saying that " Its seems your already logged into a Microsoft...
  8. Xbox 360 Can`t retrieve memberships

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Can`t retrieve memberships: On my Xbox 360 console, when i go into the my accounts section it shows that it cant retrieve any memberships available. It doesnt even show that i am on an Xbox Live Gold subscription. I still...
  9. Is there a way to retrieve data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve data?: Hello Microsoft, or anyone who reads this. I recently got a new pc and logged in with a new microsoft account, and I lost all my game data. Is there a way to retrieve data from like Minecraft,...
  10. Games pass quest prize for January never retrieved

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Games pass quest prize for January never retrieved: I hope someone can look into this issue for me, I believe i should have received my reward by now. 9fabc9dd-e416-4284-9bed-2be0903c1c5d