I was individually DDOS'ed by a user.

Discus and support I was individually DDOS'ed by a user. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday after playing an online game with friends, someone came in and joined are room who was a friend of a friend. After a few minutes, this person... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Captain RIDGEO, Aug 25, 2014.

1. I was individually DDOS'ed by a user.

Yesterday after playing an online game with friends, someone came in and joined are room who was a friend of a friend. After a few minutes, this person became annoyed because we did not play the game they were hoping(like a child) and then blamed me for
    this. He proceeded to DDOS me and my IP 3-4 times in a row, threatening me with messages via xbox live until I would invite him back into the party that we changed to private. After he gave up on me, he then took someones router completely offline and that
    person had to replace it today.

This is unacceptable that it is so easy for someone to do this, he has had an account banned prior and I have others that he frequently does these DDOS on anyone who goes against him in anyway online.

There has to be something that can be done -- I have 10 or so messages on my account proving his attacks on me and also have his realname and username.

I was suggested to go here and make a post by the XBOX Live call center who was not very helpful.

[Mod Removed] is the persons username. There has to be something that can be done to stop this person from doing this so frequently. He even got me after I blocked him

:)

Captain RIDGEO, Aug 25, 2014
  2. Samael196
    Samael196 Guest
    I was individually DDOS'ed by a user

Hello Ridgeo,

You can report this as abusive behavior

Xbox LIVE Profiles and Users

If you believe that an Xbox LIVE player has violated the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, you can file a complaint against that player. To do so, open the player's profile, select File Complaint, and choose the specific reason for the complaint. You may choose
    from the following:

•Profile: The player's gamertag, personal picture, or personal information contains inappropriate material.

•Text and Voice Communications: The player used vulgar, hateful, harassing, or threatening language in voice or text communications.

•Video Communications: The player was vulgar, hateful, harassing, or threatening in video communications.

•Tampering: The player tampered with a game, an Xbox 360 console, Xbox LIVE, or the feedback system.

For your situation I would recommend Tampering.

Information on Abuse can be found here:

www.xbox.com/.../abuse

I hope this helps.

Samael196, Aug 25, 2014
  3. I was individually DDOS'ed by a user

Just to add to what Samael196 said above me, in the future if you are the victim of a DOS or DDOS attack start by reporting the user as instructed above. Then go ahead and unplug your modem/router for a full 5 minutes for an IP refreshing. This will make
    it less likely that the user will be able to attack you again. After doing all of this contact your ISP for further guidance. Some will even open up an investigation towards the responsible party. There is not much Telephone support can do to help you other
    then offer you the steps provided above. DoS and DDoS attacks do not happen in the Xbox Live service. Instead, they happen through the IP address of the attacked device.

VASHTA NER4DA, Aug 25, 2014
  4. I was individually DDOS'ed by a user.

Mister Quimby, Aug 26, 2014
Thema:

I was individually DDOS'ed by a user.

1. I was individually DDOS'ed by a user. - Similar Threads - was individually DDOS'ed

2. Individual Party Chat Volume Slider

in XBoX on Consoles
    Individual Party Chat Volume Slider: I was thinking considering I have this one friend that doesnt know how to turn his fans away from his mic that it would be good to have the ability to change the volume of individual people in a...
  3. Is there an NDA for project XCloud? Can individuals in the program openly talk about...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there an NDA for project XCloud? Can individuals in the program openly talk about...: submitted by /u/kickler1896 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...: submitted by /u/ManicFirestorm [link] [comments]
  5. Using your gaming talents/skills to help other individuals/friends that are not as good as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using your gaming talents/skills to help other individuals/friends that are not as good as...: Like everything else in life, to give somebody a helping hand is true proof that you are human. To help, to teach, to give. That's why I play only co-op, never PVP games. The success of one is the...
  6. Store unable to load individual game/app tiles

in XboX Insiders
    Store unable to load individual game/app tiles: [IMG] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments]
  7. CoD MW2 - Frozen classes - Looking for generous individual to help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CoD MW2 - Frozen classes - Looking for generous individual to help...: Hey, y'all. It finally happened to me. After nearly 10 years playing CoD MW2, one of two modders in a free-for-all lobby froze my classes and is holding my game hostage, "offering" to fix it for...
  8. Can not find individual channels within Xbox clubs whilst on Android app. (not sure about...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not find individual channels within Xbox clubs whilst on Android app. (not sure about...: As title. I own a good sized Ark: Survival Evolved server cluster and we recently set-up a club for community interaction etc but as the club has gotten more popular we have added new channels for...
  9. How to ensure the ban of three individuals

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to ensure the ban of three individuals: I have experienced a game on rocket league where 3 people have been calling me and my friends from trash and as they started to score more we were told we were [Mod Removed - Profanity] then...
  10. I was individually DDOS'ed by a user

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was individually DDOS'ed by a user: Yesterday after playing an online game with friends, someone came in and joined are room who was a friend of a friend. After a few minutes, this person became annoyed because we did not play the...