I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

Discus and support I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AnasAhmed#6299, Apr 18, 2020.

1. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only with my first name "Anas". I think it is wrongly marking
    "Anas" as inappropriate. "Anas" does not have an inappropriate meaning in any language or culture. "Anas" means friendly. Also, Keep in mind my current gamer tag has "anas" already in it.

:)

AnasAhmed#6299, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Tenjoseslash Win User

have you checked if that means something in other language?
  3. AnasAhmed#6299 Win User

To be really honest I wouldn't ever recommend using your real name as your GT. There are way too many people out there who would try to mess with you in real life over stuff, I would say pick something that you really enjoy, say SciFi for example,
    and maybe try to create an original name surrounding that mythos rather than putting your real name out there.
    I get your point but I really like having my own name :(
  4. AnasAhmed#6299 Win User

Hello! Have you checked if there are any already with this gamertag?
    The systems allows multiple users with the same tag with a 4-digit number like Anas#0001. If I wasnt clear enough I would say it again. It is fine with just "Ahmed" even though multiple people have gamertag "Ahmed", it even suggests me with Ahmed#3440. The
    problem is with "Anas".
  5. Saeleth Win User

To be really honest I wouldn't ever recommend using your real name as your GT. There are way too many people out there who would try to mess with you in real life over stuff, I would say pick something that you really enjoy, say SciFi for example, and
    maybe try to create an original name surrounding that mythos rather than putting your real name out there.
  6. AdamKronus Win User

Hello! Have you checked if there are any already with this gamertag?
Thema:

1. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed. - Similar Threads - was trying change

2. I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...: I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a temporary problem with the service. I tried the comunity but they claim they have no access. I...
  3. I'm trying to change or remove the phone number linked to my Xbox account.

in XBoX on Mobile
    I'm trying to change or remove the phone number linked to my Xbox account.: If you don't know, when your first creating a Xbox account it asks you for a number. I typed in my moms number (BIG MISTAKE) now she is getting a bunch of spam messages. I need to either remove...
  4. : I Need Help! I've tried everything to change my NAT Type from Moderate to Open and...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : I Need Help! I've tried everything to change my NAT Type from Moderate to Open and...: : I Need Help! I've tried everything to change my NAT Type from Moderate to Open and nothing has worked yet! These problems can be very complicated I suggest you contact your internet provider for...
  5. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  6. since the dashboard change Xbox one x keeps messing up. Just trying to report it and it...

in XboX Insiders
    since the dashboard change Xbox one x keeps messing up. Just trying to report it and it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xSwAzZx [link] [comments]
  7. Can’t change my gamerpic from my iPhone XS Max, tried it many times with different images

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t change my gamerpic from my iPhone XS Max, tried it many times with different images: [IMG] submitted by /u/Peacecraft117 [link] [comments]
  8. It says try again later when I try to change my profile picture.

in XBoX on Mobile
    It says try again later when I try to change my profile picture.: I do not know why it will not let me change the profile picture. I was wondering for assistance if I could get help changing my profile picture. If Xbox could help this would be amazing. Thank...
  9. error message every time i try to change gamerpic

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error message every time i try to change gamerpic: okay so i have been having this problem for months now. all i am trying to do is change my gamerpic. i have tried it on my phone through the xbox app, on the console itself, and now on the pc....
  10. Trying to Change Gamer name and when trying to pay comes back with an error message

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trying to Change Gamer name and when trying to pay comes back with an error message: Hi There, Im trying to pay for a gamer name change but it doesn't seem to be going through. The error message I get is Contact Microsoft support We can’t process your payment. Contact...