I wish there were a way to turn the Voice & Text option on or off per game

Discus and support I wish there were a way to turn the Voice & Text option on or off per game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wish there were a way to turn the Voice & Text option on for one game and off for another? 'Everyone' for one game and 'Friends Only' for another. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artseea, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Artseea
    Artseea Guest

I wish there were a way to turn the Voice & Text option on for one game and off for another? 'Everyone' for one game and 'Friends Only' for another. I had the option set to 'Friends Only' for years now, before I decided to give 'Everyone' another try, hoping
    it would enrich the social experience, but, the very first day of it, someone already sent a nasty message after battling me in a fighting game. It's common for tensions to run high in fighting games, but I alternate between only 2 games, one of them being
    the fighting game, and the other being one that I wish I could leave communications open for. It wouldn't be worth the effort turning it on or off every time I switch games, especially since Live has to restart every time the option is set. The easiest solution
    would be to somehow be able to toggle the Voice & Text option on for only the one game, and off for the fighting game. But of course this doesn't appear to be an option. Any suggestions?

:)

Artseea, Feb 20, 2014
  2. DarthLama
    DarthLama Guest
    Fast Travel?

I just wish there was an option to turn off the 'realism' of shop hours. The Fallout Games were the same way and I hated it there too. Yes, I realize shops should close at night.. but it's a pain in the @@@. I wish I could just turn that stupid and inconvenient
    option off.

DarthLama, Feb 20, 2014
  3. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Please bring voice messaging back

I could even live with a voice-to-text option. I always preferred sending voice (Easier), but never cared for getting them! Lol. It does need to come back, but believe there should be a option to turn off when it does.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Feb 20, 2014
  4. Jyxa
    Jyxa Guest

Unfortunately, for the Xbox 360 console there is no way to toggle the Voice & Text option on and off from game to game. I'd suggest
    filing a complaint on anyone who sends you harassing text/voice messages, along with avoiding and blocking communications with these people. Unfortunately, there are plenty of them in the gaming
    community.

You could try browsing through the in-game options screen for the game you are talking about. I doubt there is a privacy setting there, but it's worth a shot. In the mean time, I would advise you to post about this as a suggestion for future settings. You
    can do so here.

5. Jyxa Win User

Unfortunately, for the Xbox 360 console there is no way to toggle the Voice & Text option on and off from game to game. I'd suggest
    filing a complaint on anyone who sends you harassing text/voice messages, along with avoiding and blocking communications with these people. Unfortunately, there are plenty of them in the gaming
    community.

You could try browsing through the in-game options screen for the game you are talking about. I doubt there is a privacy setting there, but it's worth a shot. In the mean time, I would advise you to post about this as a suggestion for future settings. You
    can do so here.
  6. DarthLama Win User

Fast Travel?

I just wish there was an option to turn off the 'realism' of shop hours. The Fallout Games were the same way and I hated it there too. Yes, I realize shops should close at night.. but it's a pain in the @@@. I wish I could just turn that stupid and inconvenient
    option off.
  7. smileskybird Win User

Will there be an Xbox Live Party mode for One?

I know Skype Call is different to Xbox Live Party. I saw a picture of Xbox One's Forza 5 of someone in a Skype Chat and there were options like turn on/off cam turn on/off mic. And that you won't be able to cross platform chat, only just send text messages
    between the both. I just wished they'd keep Xbox Live Party the way it is now on the 360, for Xbox One.
  8. J.R.G. Win User

Please bring voice messaging back

I could even live with a voice-to-text option. I always preferred sending voice (Easier), but never cared for getting them! Lol. It does need to come back, but believe there should be a option to turn off when it does.

Peace, J.R.
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Option to turn off Predictive Text

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to turn off predictive text on the Xbox One. However, you can get your voice heard by posting this idea on the correct forums so the right people can see it and others cant vote up
    on your idea. You can post in two locations:

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. I wish there were a way to turn the Voice & Text option on or off per game - Similar Threads - wish were turn

2. My first and last wish as a Gamer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My first and last wish as a Gamer: I am an avid gamer, and my first and last wish is to turn this rough idea into a complete story, and then into an FPS. As you may have noticed, i am weak in grammar, I lack expression, and English...
  3. Wish list gone

in XboX Insiders
    Wish list gone: My wish list has vanished. I used the feature a lot. I used to get it from the top left three dots on the top right corner but now when I click them the option is not there. I went to the store...
  4. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  5. Viewing a friends xbox store wish list.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Viewing a friends xbox store wish list.: A friend sent me his Microsoft Store wish list on xbox one but when I open the message nothing is there. He has tried several times and we still cannot figure out why I am not receiving anything...
  6. Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for...: Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for right traffic Till now, the simulation Forza Horizon 4 is only on English roads, where left traffic is....
  7. Made my Xbox my Home Xbox and now I can't see my Wish List

in XBoX on Consoles
    Made my Xbox my Home Xbox and now I can't see my Wish List: So I was trying to play a game and it suggested I make this xbox my home xbox. Didn't realize it wasn't but sure. So I do that and now I can't see my wish list. Says to sign in even though I am....
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator Wish List Of Planes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Wish List Of Planes: During E3 2019 We've seen Microsoft Flight Simulator Is returning to PC and Xbox One Here's a List of Aircraft I like to see A380, 737, 787,777 then recreational sport Icon A5 featured in the...
  9. Features or services you wish were added to XBL

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Features or services you wish were added to XBL: I would like Microsoft to add the ability to sell any digital game we want to get rid of, or no longer play for MS credits to use towards another game. A decent amount of Credits though. At least...
  10. Achievement Idea: Wish You Were Here

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Idea: Wish You Were Here: Disconnected from Destiny 100 times. 0eb534c6-16ae-4e6b-b8fa-107ca1443aba