Idle dimming issue

Discus and support Idle dimming issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When watching tv through the hdmi input the idle dimming feature is engaging at the set interval during tv which should not occur and this is happening... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MDKCODE187, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Idle dimming issue

When watching tv through the hdmi input the idle dimming feature is engaging at the set interval during tv which should not occur and this is happening after latest skip update

submitted by /u/MDKCODE187
    [link] [comments]

/u/MDKCODE187, Sep 26, 2019
  2. AngryGuy2727 Win User

Dimming on HBO Now.

Same issue. Got the update, now it goes dim once it sits "idle" too long. Really annoying.
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox one dim when watching hulu

Hi Ashley,

Try this to see if it fixes your issue with dimming.

You can change dimming option in Settings. Just head to Settings > Preferences > Idle Options.

xbox one dim screen idle

Here, you can change the amount of time before the Xbox One will dim the screen, with options of 2, 10, 20, 30, 45, and 60 minutes. You can also use the option on the left to disable the aforementioned idle notifications if you prefer a more private experience.

It’s generally best to power off your devices when you know you won’t be using them soon, but this option to manually trigger the Xbox One’s idle screen dimming is handy for times when you need to quickly step away but don’t want to wait on a complete power
    cycle.
  4. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
  5. MrSlippyfist512 Win User

Surround sound changes when controller turns off

.....it’s happening to me as well. It seems every time my controller goes off, Netflix dims and reduces in audio.

This has to be faulty coding involved with their idle feature. Their idle test is probably controller off lol

Would love a response for how to fix this issue as it is getting really frustring :)
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
    Check the settings on the TV with the TV remote Menu.
Thema:

Idle dimming issue

1. Idle dimming issue - Similar Threads - Idle dimming issue

2. Background/Idle/Stand-By Downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Background/Idle/Stand-By Downloads: I am not sure if this is a feature that is automatically enabled or not on newer consoles, but in the past there was an area in the settings to enable background downloads. Essentially, I am...
  3. [Bug] 'Show me things when idle' toggle doesn't work

in XboX Insiders
    [Bug] 'Show me things when idle' toggle doesn't work: When manually toggling idle status (hold jewel, press X), the screen dims but cycles tips and achievements, even if 'show me things when idle' is unchecked in system settings. This used to work,...
  4. Recent unknown change to controller idle

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recent unknown change to controller idle: Hi I've been using my Xbox at night to listen to podcasts on YouTube for some time as this seems to help with my lifelong insomnia - I've found that as long as my controller is plugged in and I...
  5. Idle disconnectings on xbox one.

in XboX Insiders
    Idle disconnectings on xbox one.: Will there ever be an option so your controller never disconnects if it is idle? submitted by /u/theacingant [link] [comments]
  6. Idle bandwidth usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Idle bandwidth usage: Hello all. I have a question. Before the recent update (Dec 12th) I could sign in to Xbox Live and play a game without chatting or streaming music, playing only, and use about 400-600KB of...
  7. Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle: I recently bought a brand new Xbox One X Gears Ultimate edition. The controller that came with it disconnects about every 15-30 seconds if i dont press any buttons. The light on the controller...
  8. Xbox goes idle while I'm streaming live programs on NBCSN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox goes idle while I'm streaming live programs on NBCSN: I just started using the NBCSN app for live sports after cutting cable and while I'm watching my game the screen will dim the same way if I have a game paused. Is there a way to turn this off for...
  9. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?: It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb
  10. Bug Report - Idle dimming occurs during video playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report - Idle dimming occurs during video playback: While useful to dim the screen after X minutes of idle activity, the newest preview update does not ignore dimming during video playback. This is especially evident while watching movies, when I...