Idle dimming issue

Discus and support Idle dimming issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When watching tv through the hdmi input the idle dimming feature is engaging at the set interval during tv which should not occur and this is happening... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MDKCODE187, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Idle dimming issue

When watching tv through the hdmi input the idle dimming feature is engaging at the set interval during tv which should not occur and this is happening after latest skip update

submitted by /u/MDKCODE187
    [link] [comments]

/u/MDKCODE187, Sep 26, 2019
  2. AngryGuy2727 Win User

Dimming on HBO Now.

Same issue. Got the update, now it goes dim once it sits "idle" too long. Really annoying.
  3. MrSlippyfist512 Win User

Surround sound changes when controller turns off

.....it’s happening to me as well. It seems every time my controller goes off, Netflix dims and reduces in audio.

This has to be faulty coding involved with their idle feature. Their idle test is probably controller off lol

Would love a response for how to fix this issue as it is getting really frustring :)
  4. pkvas Win User

My Opinions, Thoughts and Concerns.

They can't dim the screen they want you to have your tv running through it imagine watching you're favorite show and 15 minutes in screen dims because technically it's been idle that whole time
  5. A Wraith God Win User

Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

Odd, I only had this issue once and it was yesterday on Netflix, other than that I haven't seen my screen dim unless I was truly idle. I hope someone else has had this issue and fixed it
  6. oooooh yea Win User

Xbox One dimming while watching Netflix

please my xbox is all of a sudden idling and dimming on Netflix, even shutting off, same on any other app. what is going on?
Thema:

Idle dimming issue

1. Idle dimming issue - Similar Threads - Idle dimming issue

2. Xbox goes idle while I'm streaming live programs on NBCSN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox goes idle while I'm streaming live programs on NBCSN: I just started using the NBCSN app for live sports after cutting cable and while I'm watching my game the screen will dim the same way if I have a game paused. Is there a way to turn this off for...
  3. get dark in idle run, with new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    get dark in idle run, with new controller?: Hi, I have the Xbox One "Day One Edition". All the years I used the standard-controller, which came with the console (also Day One Edition of the controller). In December, I bought a new one,...
  4. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?: It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb
  5. Game starting up in idle mode and cant get out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game starting up in idle mode and cant get out: when i go to play gears of war 4 on my xbox one x, it starts up with dimmed brightness of the game as if it were in idle mode but its still letting me play and everything. If i go home all the...
  6. xbox one controller bluetooth/idle settings/audio settings - win10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller bluetooth/idle settings/audio settings - win10: Hey, folks. So i've connected controller, paired it and it works great, but it turns off (power consumption i presume) too quick for my taste. how do i configure this? i've installed xbox...
  7. Xbox One Controller becomes unresponsive when left idle for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller becomes unresponsive when left idle for a few seconds: I have an Xbox one controller I had purchased less than 3 months ago that I connect via Bluetooth to my pc (Win10) . It used to work perfectly fine until recently. Now while using it whether it be...
  8. Xbox one s fan constantly loud/fast even when idle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s fan constantly loud/fast even when idle.: Split from this thread. My Xbox One fan does not turn off from start to power off. It is in a well-ventilated area and the air coming from the fan is cool, is not on auto start , there are no...
  9. Idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Idle: When I'm on a game i play for awhile and then I pause and go to YouTube or something else and then I go back to the game and its just a black screen and it just the Xbox turns off. This happens a...
  10. Bug Report - Idle dimming occurs during video playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report - Idle dimming occurs during video playback: While useful to dim the screen after X minutes of idle activity, the newest preview update does not ignore dimming during video playback. This is especially evident while watching movies, when I...