Idle Pop-Ups / Dimming Screen Watching TV Through XB1X/XB1S - Alpha Skip Ahead

Discus and support Idle Pop-Ups / Dimming Screen Watching TV Through XB1X/XB1S - Alpha Skip Ahead in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I noticed that with the latest Alpha Skip Ahead, and this is TBH really annoying ... while you are watching TV through the OneGuide ... it now dims... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/magis123, Apr 23, 2021.

1. /u/magis123
    /u/magis123 Guest

So I noticed that with the latest Alpha Skip Ahead, and this is TBH really annoying ... while you are watching TV through the OneGuide ... it now dims the screen and pops up the suggestions (if you have them turned on - had to turn them off just because of this) to whatever your setting are.

It's honestly obnoxious because it does it after sitting and watching things for awhile, gotta turn the controller on and move it so that the dimming goes away. I noticed it also happened watching something on Prime Video.

My only workaround has been to set the screen dim to the max settings but if you set it to the minimal settings just to test it, good golly miss molly that would be annoying..

Is this literally to force those of us that still use our consoles as media centers to stop using them?! Or is this to make it so annoying to use anything that we upgrade. Trust me, several of us would love to upgrade but getting ahold of a XBSEX is nearly impossible and I'm not going to spend the money on a XBSES considering my XB1X will be relegated to my backup system (to replace my XB1S). I don't know it really seems like Microsoft is getting less and less consumer friendly towards those of us who use the console for what they advertised it for in the first place ... hell, I used SNAP literally a ton back when that was round before they took that from us. :sighs:

And yes, before the bot comes in here (or mod), I already reported it on console.

submitted by /u/magis123
    [link] [comments]

/u/magis123, Apr 23, 2021
  2. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
  3. pkvas Win User

My Opinions, Thoughts and Concerns.

They can't dim the screen they want you to have your tv running through it imagine watching you're favorite show and 15 minutes in screen dims because technically it's been idle that whole time
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
    Check the settings on the TV with the TV remote Menu.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?

In the alpha skip ahead, still no update. "Alpha Skip Ahead" clearly means something else... :')
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Alpha skip-Ahead

Hi, Wuhey

Unfortunately all the Alpha Skip Ahead spots have been filled. I am sure if you carry on reporting, that when they get spaces, you'll get another invite.y

You can join in with the Insider community here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/new/
Thema:

1. Idle Pop-Ups / Dimming Screen Watching TV Through XB1X/XB1S - Alpha Skip Ahead - Similar Threads - Idle Pop Ups

2. Xbox goes idle while watching movies in AppleTV+

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox goes idle while watching movies in AppleTV+: While watching movies on AppleTV+ app the Xbox idle screen will pop up in the middle of the movie. submitted by /u/ProtagoinstZero [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox series x external hard drive wont idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x external hard drive wont idle: When i shut my system down one of the many diffrent ways it always results in the same. The HDD will mot idle or shutoff. Tried power save. And made sure all games where shut down and not in...
  4. Xbox controller going idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller going idle: My xbox one controller keeps going idle during game play. It's updated with the latest update but seems like it disconnects. Any suggestions on how to fix? 46f66ad6-e24e-4c40-ac2e-89c1cc0473a3
  5. Xbox controller turning off after idling for a while

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox controller turning off after idling for a while: So whenever I am watching a movie via Xbox, after a while the controller turns off (I guess because it operates that way to save battery). I just want to know if there is a way to stop it form...
  6. New XBox, New Idle issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New XBox, New Idle issues: One of the lucky community who got an Xbox Series X without intending to sell it for a crazy markup.... Unfortunately as with the Xbox One and One S, the new console is retreading the life of its...
  7. Xbox Series X turns off when idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off when idle: Hi, I’m hoping someone can help, because up until now I have been unable to find a fix. So my Xbox Series X turns off when it is left idle for a period of time. At first I thought it might have...
  8. Xbox Series X issue with instant-on standby mode (idle but very hot with fan off)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X issue with instant-on standby mode (idle but very hot with fan off): Hi all, This is just to report a potential software issue. XSX was switched off overnight but this morning i found out that XSX was very hot. XSX was switched off with "instant-on standby mode"...
  9. Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle: I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it on but the controller is not being recognized...
  10. Accessories disconnect if they shut off from being idle

in XboX Insiders
    Accessories disconnect if they shut off from being idle: I think I’ve seen this posted at least differently word in anyway. I’m having trouble with any accessory be at a headset or controller either the XSX version or the elite 2, or any audio headset....