If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc?

Discus and support If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a day one exclusive xbox one and thought it might be time for an upgrade. I own most of my games and disc. Im really worried that i might have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KingLynx12, Dec 28, 2020.

1. KingLynx12
    KingLynx12 Guest

I have a day one exclusive xbox one and thought it might be time for an upgrade. I own most of my games and disc. Im really worried that i might have to buy my games again and lose all my progress that i have made.

:)

KingLynx12, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Since it would be an all digital console, yes, you would need to purchase the games digitally in order to be able to play them. Your progress is separate from game data and you shouldn't lose any progress.
  3. zl DiviNe lz Win User

Xbox one s all digital

All digital games can be used on the new console, no need to buy again, the progress of the games are also saved in the cloud, what needs to be repurchased will be the physical games.
  4. ngocphi Win User

XBOX SERIES S

You cant just as with the ps5 digital you need to repurchase or buy the disk console
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox One to Xbox One All Digital

If you own them digitally, then you'll just redownload them. If you own them on disc you would have to repurchase them digitally in order to play them on the All Digital console.
  6. Zenosos Win User

0x803f8001

Is this a game you only bought on disc? As you can't play disc games on an all digital console. You will need to buy a digital game version to play on the all digital console as it uses the disc to still confirm you own the game.
Thema:

1. If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc? - Similar Threads - buy digital console

2. Buying a phisical deluxe edition while owning the normal digital edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a phisical deluxe edition while owning the normal digital edition: Hello, So, I pre-ordered the physical Deluxe edition for RE8 but they'll send it to me after the next two weeks (yeah "pre-order") will I lose the bonuses if I buy the normal digital version and...
  3. If I buy a ultimate digital code

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I buy a ultimate digital code: If I buy a xbox ultimate code will it mess with my grandfathered in aka 60 dollars a year will it change it to 26 dollars every 3 months 0a90fa2e-67ce-41ab-8da4-19a91d32f59e
  4. Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...: Contacted Microsoft support and they told me it's an emerging problem. They said the game would just show up in my library after the tech people fix the issue. Has anyone here experienced this? Is...
  5. allow us to buy and sell digital version of the x box games vote plz

in XBoX Games and Apps
    allow us to buy and sell digital version of the x box games vote plz: so i heard microsoft acully listens to their customers! if thats the case why did they not allow us to buy and sell the digital copies. If everyone can make their voice heard here and let...
  6. I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360: We've bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas. We didn't know which region type our current model was at the time. But I bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas (NTSC) But as it turns out,...
  7. Buying Digital games without console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Digital games without console: I ordered a digital gaming xbox one s console, and I'm awaiting arrival, about a week. Theres a few games on sale right now for a limited time that I would like to purchase, the sales are only...
  8. If I buy a console bundle with COD MODERN WARFARE digital copy will I be able to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a console bundle with COD MODERN WARFARE digital copy will I be able to play...: I'm looking at the new xbox one x console bundle with an add on of the COD Modern Warfare 2019 digital game. Will it work the same as the disc version? Allowing me to play both campaign and...
  9. Buying digital xbox one games from the console but I’m not from the US.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buying digital xbox one games from the console but I’m not from the US.: I tried buying digital xbox one games from my console. I wanted to pay using a credit card but during the process, it only lists “US States” as options and I cannot get past this part of the...
  10. Buying digital version of game from Xbox Marketplace on NTSC Xbox 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying digital version of game from Xbox Marketplace on NTSC Xbox 360 console: I live in Europe but I have USA version of xbox 360 console (NTSC). I wonder whether game bought and downloaded from xbox marketplace by my european microsoft account will work on my console. I'd...