If I factory reset my Xbox One will my data come back

Discus and support If I factory reset my Xbox One will my data come back in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. So if I wanted to reset my Xbox one but still want my in game saves e.g checkpoints and levels, I can just sign into the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Edith2, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Edith2
    Edith2 Guest

So if I wanted to reset my Xbox one but still want my in game saves e.g checkpoints and levels, I can just sign into the reset console and my in game data will come back?

:)

Edith2, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Syberactive Win User

Hey Edith,

Like the others have said, all save data is backed up to Microsoft's servers aka "the Cloud". Note, however, that there are two types of factory resets: a soft reset which resets the console but keeps all games and applications or a complete reset which
    resets the console and removes everything. If you do a complete reset, you would have to re-install your games but save data will return when the specific game is installed.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Edith,

That is correct. Your data is backed up to the online Xbox Cloud storage automatically when connected to the internet and syncs that data back once you start your game again.
  4. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Everything is synced to the Cloud, so you're good!
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

As long as you have an Xbox Live Gold subscription it's pretty seamless.
  6. SM Scorx Win User

Dragonball Xenoverse preorder bonus DLC not working.

Hi, I had to to reset my xbox to factory setting due to the stupid "Can't Sync Data" problem, thus all my data was removed. How do I get back my pre-order content?
Thema:

1. If I factory reset my Xbox One will my data come back - Similar Threads - factory reset data

2. Factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset: How do i do a factory reset on my 1s console? Help would be appreciated 5200e538-b348-49e6-ac25-74780e4f2e51
  3. Xbox One X won't factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't factory reset: So for the last several months my Xbox One X (preordered when it first came out) has been acting up. I haven't been playing it nearly as much because it's been frustrating me. Every few days...
  4. After factory reset xbox one will not allow me to add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After factory reset xbox one will not allow me to add account: Orginal xbox one, updated this morning. Could not sign into my account (Microsoft account took too long to start). Tried hard reset, same error. Factory reset xbox one. Still same error. Cannot...
  5. Virtual keyboard wont show up when i try to add my account to my xbox one after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Virtual keyboard wont show up when i try to add my account to my xbox one after factory reset: I have tried more factory resets and hard resets but nothing seems to help 1d232293-1455-4f21-9fb2-b8ad22181ae8
  6. Xbox one keeps factory resetting self

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps factory resetting self: Over the past few weeks its been more frequent. Now its a daily thing. Every time it goes idle it will reset itself and i have to sign my account in every single time. What can i do...
  7. Sold Xbox One without factory reset!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sold Xbox One without factory reset!: Sold Xbox one tonight and forgot to do factory reset. It was my 6 year olds and was set up to automatically log him in. It’s attached to my microsoft account and payment card. His settings...
  8. How to request password to reset factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to request password to reset factory defaults: Hi, I configured the family control and guest key, but my son can restart the console to factory defaults .... the system allows to do this even when there is no user connected... how to prevent...
  9. My Xbox One factory reset on it's own

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One factory reset on it's own: I left my console on today and went to do something when I returned I found that I had to put all the information back in like I had just bought it. I had to log back in and also download my games...
  10. help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...: help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my xbox for ten seconds and take out power plug nothing will work and my xbox is brand new looking forwed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one factory reset how long does it take

2. how to get online games back after doing factory reset on xbox