If you delete a game, does the One keep your games save in cloud or is it lost?

Discus and support If you delete a game, does the One keep your games save in cloud or is it lost? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Reason why I asked is because I think Ryse has the new DLC out and I rented it from Gamefly. I deleted the save after I beat the game but I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mathematik, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mathematik
    Mathematik Guest

Reason why I asked is because I think Ryse has the new DLC out and I rented it from Gamefly. I deleted the save after I beat the game but I wanted to re-rent it but did not know if I would have my save again. Just wanted an answer on this if anyone knows.

:)

Mathematik, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Error 0x80830003

Hey there Dazora.

Just a thought, if you disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox Live and attempt a save while offline, do you get any change or do you still get the same error?

Generally when you save while connected, you are saving to the cloud, deleting content from your Xbox One does not actually free space from the cloud. As this

Cloud Save Troubleshooter
    mentions, each game is given a set amount of cloud storage, which means that as you purchase additional games your cloud storage is increased. When you deleted the saves did you make sure to delete from everywhere or did you only
    delete from the console?

Mister Maka, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Question about Cloud and game saves

Hi Rust in Peace95,

If you have a local save that is corrupted, you can recover the cloud save. To do this go to your game tile, press menu, then manage game, then Saved data. Press A, and select "Delete From Console". Make sure you do not delete from everywhere or you'll
    purge your saved game. After that your game will re-sync the last good saved data from the cloud.

Xbox One Cloud Saves FAQ

Hordie, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Chris Gelon
    Chris Gelon Guest

Prior to the the latest February update, if you uninstalled a game, it would keep your save in the cloud.

With the newest update, you are able to specify if you want to either uninstall the game, delete your save locally, or delete it permanently from the cloud.

It sounds like you only deleted it locally, so it should still be there when you reinstall the game.

Chris Gelon, Feb 24, 2014
  5. Flymonkey102 Win User

Game launching on old saved data.

You can delete your local save and when you start the game it should pull the one in the cloud. Keep in mind the game could have overwritten the cloud save and you're stuck with this new one.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Delete cloud backups

Hi Magalie,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Unfortunately you cannot delete cloud saves or even manage cloud saves on Xbox One. Local data is backed up to the cloud automatically and overwrites an data to keep the cloud saved up to date with the most recent save in order to recover your saves in the
    event the data get's deleted locally on the console.

Xbox One cloud saves do not have a limit and grows as your game library grows so if you can't save anymore it is more than likely because your internal hard drive does not have enough space to save any new games.

Can you further explain what error you are getting when trying to save?
  7. Chris Gelon Win User

Prior to the the latest February update, if you uninstalled a game, it would keep your save in the cloud.

With the newest update, you are able to specify if you want to either uninstall the game, delete your save locally, or delete it permanently from the cloud.

It sounds like you only deleted it locally, so it should still be there when you reinstall the game.
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Error 0x80830003

Hey there Dazora.

Just a thought, if you disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox Live and attempt a save while offline, do you get any change or do you still get the same error?

Generally when you save while connected, you are saving to the cloud, deleting content from your Xbox One does not actually free space from the cloud. As this

Cloud Save Troubleshooter
    mentions, each game is given a set amount of cloud storage, which means that as you purchase additional games your cloud storage is increased. When you deleted the saves did you make sure to delete from everywhere or did you only
    delete from the console?
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

need help with my game

Thema:

1. If you delete a game, does the One keep your games save in cloud or is it lost? - Similar Threads - delete game does

2. No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One: As my Xbox One X is running out of free disk space I decided to delete the game captures (Screenshots and Game DVR) from my Xbox. And yes I selected the game captures on the Xbox itself and not on...
  3. Glitch with Gamepass deleting games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch with Gamepass deleting games?: I recently bought Xbox Gamepass Ultimate, and every game that I already owned that is in Gamepass uninstalled off my Xbox and I have to reinstall them. Is this a bug or a glitch?...
  4. Let us delete games with gamer score of our accounts Microsoft!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let us delete games with gamer score of our accounts Microsoft!: Well,i was just wondering if it was to difficult for Microsoft to allow Gamers to delete games with gamerscore of their accounts...ibdont care if it come with a cost,i will do anything to get rip...
  5. Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates?: I was going to clear the cache on my xbox one as i heard it makes the system and games run smoother, I have extremely slow internet so redownloading every game update i have would truly be a pain....
  6. save game does not synchronize correctly after deleting local save game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    save game does not synchronize correctly after deleting local save game: Hi everyone, my Xbox one asked me to delete local savegames because of some problems and said, save games will be synchronized with cloud after starting the games. Seems it does not work with...
  7. Why does canceling a game update on XB1 deletes the entire 42.8Gb game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does canceling a game update on XB1 deletes the entire 42.8Gb game?: Bungie released a new update today for Destiny 2. The console began the download, but I needed to switch networks, so I "Canceled" the update. This, to my shock, deleted the entire game. Why would...
  8. Why does live delete games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does live delete games?: I've downloaded/brought many games but my hard drive is not that big so I have to delete them if I want to play a new game but I've been finding that they keep deleting games when I go and...
  9. If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?: So my brother is being selfish as and taking our family Xbox when he moves out even though my mum bought the Xbox and I bought pretty much all the games (Fallout 4, FIFA 17, COD: IW, ME:A,...
  10. Does uninstall game delete saved game progress?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does uninstall game delete saved game progress?: I am wanting to install a new game and am running out of space, I know the games I want to uninstall but don't want to lose my progress (I will replay later when I am bored). My questions is when...