I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver"

Discus and support I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a film titled "The Beaver", and it starts up and seems to work, until after I watch or skip all of the previews of other films. The app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vvhitespace, Apr 29, 2015.

1. vvhitespace
    vvhitespace Guest

I purchased a film titled "The Beaver", and it starts up and seems to work, until after I watch or skip all of the previews of other films. The app says that it is at the top menu, meaning I should be able to select "play movie", "scenes", etc., but the
    video freezes at 19 seconds while the music keeps playing, and it never reaches the point where I can choose to play the movie. I attempted to play it on my brother's console, and the same thing happened. I assumed the disc was defective, so I bought a new
    one from a different store and the exact same thing happened. This leads me to believe that the discs are not defective, although I do not have any other type of blu ray player with which I could test the disc. So I've now wasted $30 on two copies of a film
    that my Xbox's blu ray player won't play. I've played many other blu rays aside from "The Beaver" with my Xbox One console, so I don't understand why this one fails to work properly.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Even better, anyone from XBOX know what's going on/how to fix it?

:)

vvhitespace, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    L.A. Noire was once a six disc game

[quote user="saintmarc"]

could have been 1 blu-ray disc...if there was a blu-ray player in my xbox. /rant

[/quote]

Well you read how the developers were originally struggling to contain "LA Noire" to a single Blue Ray disc.

Much has been made of the 360 version looking better (if only slightly) than the PS 3 product in another thread on these board already.

How ironic that Blue Ray is actually limiting developers for the PS 3 as they are forced to sacrifice polish to fit onto a single Blue Ray disc.

Az

Azrael008uk, Apr 29, 2015
  3. I predict skinny game cases for next gen xbox

[quote user="noboundz"]

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="noboundz"]

[quote user="WILK0"]

@noboundz, i'm shocked, lol.

[/quote]

Well, it just makes them easier to handle, and I'd rather not break one.

[/quote]lol, i don't know if we are talking about the same thing...

[/quote]

Cases of course! lol

-

In all seriousness though, unless MS goes with blue-ray next gen, then I assume multiple disc games would still be the norm, and thinner cases would still be relatively thick because of it.

[/quote]

Pretty sure they'll go blue-ray. DVD is too outdated these days. Even blue-ray disc are reaching the same price as DVD in UK.

Undeadfire Zero, Apr 29, 2015
  4. Undeadfire Zero Win User

bluray dvd

No Blu-Ray is a different disc reading to the standard DVD basis. Many companys have the legal right of using it like Sony. But Microsoft isn't one of them so I'm sorry it won't play Blu-Ray DVDs. They require a Blu-Ray Disc Driver.
  5. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey, guys, I'm having the same issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put the disc in the Blu-ray player app launches and then gives me this message. "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game try launching
    it from your game & app instead ( 0x91d70000) ". It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

4k playback on bluray player

Hey there ricedemon,

That's an odd issue for sure, one that we've not seen with 4K UHD discs. Which Blu-ray title are you playing that you're seeing this issue? To clarify, are you sure that you're using the 4K UHD disc and not the Standard Blu-ray? Can you share a picture of
    the disc as well? Does the issue happen with all 4k UHD discs you try.

Let us know!
  7. TopDogin Win User

Supposedly Region Free?

Well, I'm not convinced, like I said have bought a game from the US it won't read disc therefore in my opinion, its not region free. Blu ray discs are region free, and the blu rays I bought in the US work fine on Xbox one as they do in any other blu ray
    player I have
  8. garryo68 Win User

BluRay App Poor performance

I'm having the same problem. I have a disc that works on other blu-ray players, but stutters on my xbox one. The disc is brand new too. I uninstalled the blu-Ray app and reinstalled, but still get the same problem.
Thema:

1. I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver" - Similar Threads - I'm having difficulty

2. I'm having trouble not updating device update error code 08x0072EE7

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble not updating device update error code 08x0072EE7: [img] I am having trouble not to update the device, error code.0x80072EE7 Tried to fix the problem with the entire device, but without the benefit of the problem not to download the update...
  3. After the latest update I'm having problems with lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the latest update I'm having problems with lag: Edge now lags severely and has crashed when watching videos. There's a few second lag when I pause a YouTube video which was never a problem before. Another problem is how thumbnails and certain...
  4. I have seen lot of "Xbox Bricked Posts" recently in this days and I'm worried that this...

in XboX Insiders
    I have seen lot of "Xbox Bricked Posts" recently in this days and I'm worried that this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Owsla_Pilot [link] [comments]
  5. I'm having trouble with a game code, and when I try to contact xbox support they send me to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble with a game code, and when I try to contact xbox support they send me to...: So I have a problem trying to redeem a minecraft code, but when I try to contact tech support they send me to talk to xbox support. The problem is that when I contact them they send me to talk...
  6. I'm paying for a subscription I don't have

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm paying for a subscription I don't have: Hi, i got a notification that i payed for xbox games pass ultimate $2 for 2 months (but it was $15.95) last night. I am not subscribed to xbox games pass ultimate and I've checked this everywhere...
  7. If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony: I seriously don't get why I have to wait 30 DAYS. for a new number to go through my account. I'm getting awfully tired of seeing this message pop up every time I log into my e-mail or xbox. I just...
  8. I'm having issues with backwards compatibility both, technically and personally

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues with backwards compatibility both, technically and personally: Issue 1 (Play-ability): This has only started happening recently but all of the games that are backwards compatible for the xbox one seem to be performing worse than usual and it's VERY...
  9. Does anyone know why I'm not getting rewards for COD MW: 2019 although I have preordered...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why I'm not getting rewards for COD MW: 2019 although I have preordered...: I have preordered COD MW: 2 Campaign Remastered Bundle and that was supposed to come with rewards for COD MW: 2019. At the time of me typing COD MW: 2 Campaign Remastered is installing yet I...
  10. I'm having some difficulty setting up console streaming on my s10 with my one s

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having some difficulty setting up console streaming on my s10 with my one s: I set up xcloud just fine but when I go into the console streaming section it says I need to join insiders which I already have. I have preview delta installed on my xbox. What do I need to do to...