I'm having issues with changing my email and the alias system

Discus and support I'm having issues with changing my email and the alias system in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So in a bit of a predicament right now. I've been wanting to change the email associated with my xbox account for years now as the email that was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by King Doorman, Apr 15, 2019.

1. King Doorman
    King Doorman Guest

So in a bit of a predicament right now. I've been wanting to change the email associated with my xbox account for years now as the email that was linked to my xbox account was my old one; issue is it won't let me.

Whenever I put in my current email (hotmail) I get a "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." message, I tried changing it last year with the same email and accidentally made a new xbox account.

Fast forward to today, and now my issue has gotten worse; so I made a gmail, added it and removed the old email as the primary alias but I still want to add the hotmail that i still use onto my account only to get the same "This email is part of a reserved
    domain. Please enter a different email address". I go through the customer service bot and it tells me to wait 60 days to delete the Microsoft account and now I'm confused and scared.

So if I go to my hotmail account and delete the microsoft account and wait the 60 days, does that also delete my email? Becuse my hotmail has all my stuff that I don't want to lose.

I just want to change my email, why is this so complicated.

:)

King Doorman, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm having issues with changing my email and the alias system - Similar Threads - I'm having issues

2. I'm having an issue with Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having an issue with Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition.: I bought Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on sale when it was the big Summer Games sale a month ago, and I had it just sitting on the backburner and didn't download it as I was busy...
  3. I'm having an issue with my elite controller and my Xbox charge and play kit.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my elite controller and my Xbox charge and play kit.: Ive had my elite controler for a little while now and i wanted to buy the charge and play kit so i did. Cool cord design that tells me when its its charged and there arent any off brand charge...
  4. i opted-out of xbox live rewards, but i'm having issues.

in XBoX Rewards
    i opted-out of xbox live rewards, but i'm having issues.: i was told my remaining Rewards Credits and MyVIP Gems balance will be deposited into my Microsoft account in the form of my local currency after i opt-out, but i haven't received anything in my...
  5. I'm having issues with a Forza Hub promotion for a Lamborgini endurance car

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having issues with a Forza Hub promotion for a Lamborgini endurance car: A few months back there was a promotion for a Lamborghini endurance race car that was given out for free. Me and some of my friends got on to play with it and my version wasn't working and hasn't...
  6. I'm still having an issue with Jigsaw

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm still having an issue with Jigsaw: I'm still having an issue with Jigsaw - and I have lost all my accumulated points and DL puzzles. What was the fix? 6c319062-7006-4a62-8f2a-f848802af854
  7. Less than a month of owning and I'm already having disc read / load issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Less than a month of owning and I'm already having disc read / load issues: First off, I would like to say that I've never had to fill out a support thread out because I've been a Sony Playstation 3&4 owner and have never had to send in my consoles. I owned an original...
  8. I'm having issues with game downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having issues with game downloading: I'm having a problem with downloading a game that is on my xbox but acts like it is not on the Xbox please help if there is a phone way of talking about it b61abab2-f586-414f-81d9-f9d8f7f49566
  9. I'm having issues with this effect in my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having issues with this effect in my account: My account is having the effect of having a suspension from a month ago and I still have the effect when it says the suspension is OVER 7b7e96cb-8412-48b0-a110-42c597cb66b3
  10. I'm having issues adding a friend. Also, can't find privacy settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having issues adding a friend. Also, can't find privacy settings.: I made an Xbox account about 5 years ago. I'm able to log into my account but I can't add my daughter as my friend. I've gone back and forth trying to add and adding as favorites but it still...