Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed.

Discus and support Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Im trying to change my gamertag to "Fozzie" and it is saying that the gamertag is not allowed and I dont know why, because i dont beleive its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fozzie14, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM.

1. Fozzie14
    Fozzie14 Guest

Hi,

Im trying to change my gamertag to "Fozzie" and it is saying that the gamertag is not allowed and I dont know why, because i dont beleive its slang for anything offensive or anything like that so I was wondering if i could get thte gamertag approved or anything.

Thanks

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Fozzie14 Win User

even if i add numbers on the end it still says that the gamer tag isnt allowed.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

It might be that since there is a Muppet character with that name, and "Fozzie Bear" is a trademark by Henson Associates, that Microsoft is forced to block Gamertags that relate to trademark names.

If the system tells you that a name is not allowed, you have no choice but to choose a different one.
  4. BrokenFattHardy Win User

You can check to see if the name you want has already been selected by another Xbox Live User. Maybe try adding a few numbers to the end of it, like the year you were born or something.

If you have already chosen your own Gamertag once, you'll need to pay Microsoft a fee to change it again.
  5. GoD Knave Win User

Gamertag change problem

im trying to change my GT but it says its already taken But its not taken
  6. Internet Expert Win User

its saying im banned

Unfortunately, Xbox Support or the forums will not be able to assist with suspensions.

• If you have received an in-game multiplayer ban, then you will have to go to the game's website for more help or details.
    • If you have received an account suspension, details are found on the
      Enforcement
      website.
    • If you have received a
      console ban
      (for serious/repeated violations), then there is unfortunately no way to reverse this type of ban, as it is permanent.
Thema:

1. Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed. - Similar Threads - trying change gamertag

2. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  3. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  4. Trying to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag: When I tried to change my gamertag on the new system it would not work, even though it let me get to the screen where it says "are you sure you want to change your gamertag to this?" I pressed...
  5. Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?: I've been trying to change my gamertag from this default one to something I know hasn't been taken but I keep getting an annoying suffix put on it. Someone does have the same name with a space. Is...
  6. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

in XboX Insiders
    So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments]
  7. Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable": Hello I'd really like to claim an original gamertag name that I have been watching for a long time now, the account appears to be deleted, I checked all possible spaced versions of the tag, it has...
  8. Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay): Hey everyone, I'm from Argentina and I'm having troubles trying to change my gamertag, I'm willing to pay the 9.99 price for it, but everytime I'm on the Xbox Argenta site, when I try to go and...
  9. "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag: How to fix this error? I can't change it. 40b7e2cd-c0b9-42e1-a7dd-bd27be6877cc
  10. Tried to change Gamertag but was told that I already did...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried to change Gamertag but was told that I already did...: I tried to change my gamertag but a pop up stated that I already used my one free pass for changing my gamertag. Thing is, I never did and it has been the same from the start. I really want to...