In-game voice chat issues

Discus and support In-game voice chat issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've spent the better part of the past week getting some NAT issues sorted out on my Live connection. Those seem to be sorted out, NAT reports as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrodaddyG, Mar 15, 2014.

1. FrodaddyG
    FrodaddyG Guest

So I've spent the better part of the past week getting some NAT issues sorted out on my Live connection. Those seem to be sorted out, NAT reports as open now, but one problem has persisted one-and-off throughout the process.

When I'm playing a game online, the vast majority of the time I cannot hear any other players speaking. I will see the icon pop up that shows that they're talking, but I get no sound. My headset isn't dead, because I can hear the tone beep on the headset
    when I hit the volume up button when it's already at top volume. (Plus, I occasionally can hear other players during the game, but very infrequently.) To this point, most of my experimenting with it came playing Plants vs Zombies, and the ratio was maybe 20:1
    no-chat: functional chat. Since buying Titanfall on Tuesday, I believe I have heard two people speak in the course of dozens of matches of that particular game, and I can't imagine that every other player has been totally silent..

If anyone has advice on where this could possibly be cropping up, it would be much appreciated.

:)

FrodaddyG, Mar 15, 2014
  2. Voice chat issues

Honestly, my first guess would be that there's an issue with the account, at least more so than the connection. There are a couple things we can try to narrow it down for sure. Can you take your console to a friend's house, to try it and your account on
    their network? Can you have a friend come over and try their account on your console? Can you try your account on a friend's console? Please keep us posted!

Mister Fitzer, Mar 15, 2014
  3. Meyloh
    Meyloh Guest
    Voice chat issues

The in-game Volume settings are much the same as the general Xbox ones and do not change anything. I unfortunately don't have any other voice chat games like Black Ops so I do not know if it is limited to that game.

Meyloh, Mar 15, 2014
  4. In-game voice chat issues

I'm having this issue too.

Though interestingly enough, I can hear people just fine when I use the Kinect for chat (or have it muted). Another interesting thing to point out is (with my case at least) the chat headset works with Skype, Twitch, and the party app. Just not in game chat.

I'm going to try power cycling and maybe even a different controller. If I don't post anything later, it's probably because it didn't work.

icurehangovers, Mar 16, 2014
  5. icurehangovers Win User

I'm having this issue too.

Though interestingly enough, I can hear people just fine when I use the Kinect for chat (or have it muted). Another interesting thing to point out is (with my case at least) the chat headset works with Skype, Twitch, and the party app. Just not in game chat.

I'm going to try power cycling and maybe even a different controller. If I don't post anything later, it's probably because it didn't work.
  6. Meyloh Win User

Voice chat issues

So I ended up fiddling with the settings available on the website only and I found some that were inhibiting me. I can now hear chat on my account! Yay! My mic still isn't being registered but I have a feeling that's unrelated so I'll have to deal with it.
    Thanks everyone that had some advice, especially Mister Fitzer.
  7. Mister Fitzer Win User

Voice chat issues

Have you checked your privacy settings thoroughly? If you're blocking any content, that may be what's at play here. Please check that out and let me know what you find/what your settings are currently at.
  8. Mister Fitzer Win User

Voice chat issues

Antillion brings up a good point. You may want to try connecting directly to the modem (you'll need to power cycle it first though, by removing power for at least 15 seconds), to see if that makes any difference.
  9. Meyloh Win User

Voice chat issues

Re: Miss Portia - I do not have another headset complete with a mic, but I have plugged in a quality pair of headphones. Game music/sound works fine but as usual no voice chat. The same is true for just my TV speakers, no voice chat plays there either.

Re: Insane54 - I do not have the connector cord for the controller to headset with the mic. From previous experience this does not stop the chat from being played, but it does significantly lower the volume. That's just what seemed to happen to me though.
    If that stopped me from being able to hear in the headset I would accept it, but I can't hear it even on the TV :(
Thema:

1. In-game voice chat issues - Similar Threads - game voice chat

2. Xbox Game Bar crashes before joining Voice Chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar crashes before joining Voice Chat?: Before my PC updated, Voice Chat on the Xbox Game Bar was working perfectly fine, and had no problems, but after the update, I couldn't accept any invites to party chat or join one either, it just...
  3. Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat: Hardware Game Bar Version: 1.43.26001.0 Xbox Console Companion Version: 48.55.30001.0 Console: Xbox One Xbox One Controller with Turtle Beach Headset Game: Halo 5: Guardians PC: Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...: Hi, I would like to know why doesnt the Xbox One/Xbox One X capture your in game chat voice in the "record that" option when quickly capturing it by hitting the middle button? Why doesnt the Xbox...
  5. Recording Gameplay, Including game voice chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording Gameplay, Including game voice chat: Currently, Fortnite voice chat isn't picked up by GameDVR and I wanted to know if there was a cheap way to record gameplay and audio for example audio of squad members in Fortnite besides having...
  6. Fortnite In-Game voice chat is not broadcasted on Twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite In-Game voice chat is not broadcasted on Twitch: Hey guys I play and stream Fortnite on twitch from my Xbox One S. Evrything's good except for in-game voice chat is not being broadcasted and my viewers are not able to hear what my teammates are...
  7. Sea of Thieves In Game Voice Chat Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves In Game Voice Chat Not Working: When invited to a party with friends we can communicate fine. When joining randomly into a session, I cannot hear anyone or they hear me. Essentially I cannot pick up on any "hot mics". I'm on PC...
  8. Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...: The title is probably a little confusing. I have a Blue Yeti mic that I want to talk with to my party on the Xbox app, which works. The problem is, I can't hear anybody or the game audio with my...
  9. Voice Chat on Game DVR on Xbox On

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice Chat on Game DVR on Xbox On: Hey, First, can I record the voice of my friend in the party (or record the Game Chat) Else if, can you add this option on Game DVR please. Thanks. e06056ff-b1fe-40fc-889e-fa0b00339d30
  10. Voice still is heard in game when in party chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice still is heard in game when in party chat: Hey I have this issue to where every time i get in a party chat with my friend who is on xbox people in game game still hear me and i can still hear them but yet my friend in the party can hear me...