In need of help off someone who is able to extend a controller

Discus and support In need of help off someone who is able to extend a controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m a quad amputee and have been using the Xbox one elite (the longer stick are a huge help) remote for my pc and Xbox (obviously) the remote is really... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EdwardBright, Jun 15, 2019.

1. EdwardBright
    EdwardBright Guest

I’m a quad amputee and have been using the Xbox one elite (the longer stick are a huge help) remote for my pc and Xbox (obviously) the remote is really good as I can use it far better then any other but as I’m growing it’s getting a little more harder
    as it’s not wider enough and was wondering if it would be possible to get one that is larger from Handel to handle i use my legs for the triggers and being a man bring my legs this close together is not the most comftable and am wonder if someone out the could
    help me out if so please get in contact by email [mod removed-personal information] tia

:)

EdwardBright, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Ambassador Kingz Win User

Have you considered running two regular controllers in copilot mode? Probably still not the best solution but I'm guessing one reason you don't feel the adaptive controller would be the best is due to how spaced out everything would become.

With two controllers linked in copilot mode you could put the spacing at a distance that's best for you personally but still have full control capabilities that you're used to. The one issue that I could see would be the controllers moving on you as you
    manage each with one leg at that point. In which case you'd need some kind of mount to hold each controller but that might be easier to manage/find than getting a fully custom build.

If you have any ideas or other feedback let me know. I'll try to think on this some more too.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I think that through some Google searches and looking around online, you can actually find people that specialize in making custom controller solutions for people with all sorts of physical disabilities, including amputees. If that's an option for you, it
    might be worth looking into.

Here is an article that I just found about custom controller designed for people in similar situations to you, but bear in mind that this article appears to be from 2013. However, it still shows some insight into what can be created and customized for any
    player.

https://hackaday.com/2013/06/20/building-custom-game-controllers-for-people-with-physical-disabilities/

Good luck and this may be your best option, if the Xbox Adaptive Controller isn't something that would work for you.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

5. EdwardBright Win User

Hi thanks for your reply i have emailed them and hopfully i get a reply from them
  6. EdwardBright Win User

Hi i never thought about that but it may work if im able to get somthing to hold them together (cant try at this time as im away on holiday but will deffo try this) thanks for the idea
Thema:

1. In need of help off someone who is able to extend a controller - Similar Threads - need help off

2. Need help with a refund because i didn't recieve the contents off the pack.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with a refund because i didn't recieve the contents off the pack.: Yesterday i bought a blitz pack for halo wars 2 but never recieved the contents of the pack. Id like a refund of the purchase because it kinda sucks buying something and then not recieving what...
  3. Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.: Xbox one X. Games won't start. Just brings up a splash screen then cuts to black for a few seconds and my Xbox turns off. This is after transferring my account and games to my new Xbox one X....
  4. I need help with the package that is going off to be repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with the package that is going off to be repaired: So my xbox one x is bust and is being sent of for a repair, I have printed the label but I am confused about two things, 1 is what goes into the package, is it the xbox or is it the wires too and...
  5. Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!: My Xbox One keeps going to the home screen and turning off by itself, It's not hot and when it first did it i left it off for about 14 hours and tried again and it still keeps doing the same...
  6. Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!: My Xbox One keeps going to the home screen and turning off by itself, It's not hot and when it first did it i left it off for about 14 hours and tried again and it still keeps doing the same...
  7. MY XBOX IS TURNING OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS... I NEED HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX IS TURNING OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS... I NEED HELP PLEASE: When I try to turn on my xbox one, it shuts down after a few seconds. First I thought that it wasn't connected properly but I checked and it was all ok. I have already tried disconnecting and...
  8. I got ripped off and i need help ):

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got ripped off and i need help ):: i bought an xbox yesterday secondhand from an app called letgo, spent 200 brought it home and the console was banned from xbox live )': he wouldnt return my money, and now im stuck with a $200...
  9. need help power is fine comes on just after 5 mins it cuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help power is fine comes on just after 5 mins it cuts off: my xbox one evertime i try and play games power cuts off then i got to reboot it again 828460b8-52c1-4ac8-ba44-c8e2e23ea8fc
  10. I need help with this type off error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with this type off error code: I got this error code that is not on the list 0x8b0500f 0x00000000 0x9002007 can you help me 50ec27df-0958-4bb1-9b68-5b50cc98734f