In regards to my son's Xbox live profile.

Discus and support In regards to my son's Xbox live profile. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I changed my number and now I can't sign my son into his Xbox as I cannot receive the security code, I've changed it on my account but I still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WesleyMonks, May 6, 2021.

1. WesleyMonks
    WesleyMonks Guest

Recently I changed my number and now I can't sign my son into his Xbox as I cannot receive the security code, I've changed it on my account but I still can't access it.

I've contacted numerous of times over this but Microsoft don't seems to make it any clear for me.

It's been way over 30 days that he's not been able to access his account and that's a fully months game pass wasted because he couldn't play on it.

If anyone has a suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

WesleyMonks, May 6, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello WesleyMonks, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend checking the link below concerning this matter.

Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password | Xbox Support

If the issues persists, please try the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Lread Win User

Magic 2012

I am aware that the keys are a once off use. I attempted to load the purchased keys for my profile and it would not load. Instead of wasting the purchase my son then loaded it onto his profile. There was no attempt to use the key twice. The intention was
    to load it onto my gamer profile on the Xbox. As I did not have my LIVE ID associated to the gamer profile on the Xbox I asked my son to log on with his LIVE account on the XBOX and download keys.

I only play locally on the Xbox and as such had no need for a LIVE ID on my profile. The only reason I added a LIVE ID was to purchase the keys and use them on my individual profile.

On the Xbox we have three profiles

1. My son and from the beginning his LIVE ID associated to this gamer profile

2. My profile which did not have a Live account associated to it until a week agao when I added one.

3. My son's girlfriend which does not have a LIVE ID.

Only after I could not use the keys purchased online through my son's LIVE ID on the same console, I then added my own LIVE account to the profile on the Xbox.

Since then we have not been able to load ANY keys on ANY profile at all. My son still has an active key that he had not yet assigned and it will not allow him to use it.

My assumption is that even though Microsoft states that all profiles on a single console can use individual LIVE IDs for each profile, MAGIC is getting confused and as such is blocking both accounts now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
  4. NicolasDiaz-Coll Win User

Can you share xbox live gold between two Xbox One Consoles

Thanks for replying! But i have a question I set my younger sons Xbox (The one with Xbox Live) as home Xbox but my older son still couldn't use Xbox live and then we tried putting my younger sons profile in my elder sons Xbox to see if it worked and it
    worked for a bit but then stopped working. Please help.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

help with Xbox 360 gamertag to a xbox one

You only need one live subscription on an xbox one as long as the profile that has the live subscription has that console set as their home console.

now to answer your question about your other sons account it sounds like your second son may have an offline profile on the xbox 360 here is a link on how to turn an offline profile into an online profile so that you can sign in with your second sons account
    on the xbox one.

this is the link for turning your second sons account into an online profile: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

this is the link that will tell you about the home xbox and how it works: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. MichelleBennison Win User

xbox360 profile can't connect to xboxlive on this console

no this is an xbox 360 and an older model. Could that be the issue? My son can sign in to Live on his profile and play anything but not my profile. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Thema:

1. In regards to my son's Xbox live profile. - Similar Threads - regards son's live

2. Help needed regarding Xbox game pass payment

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Help needed regarding Xbox game pass payment: In 2019 I paid for an xbox game pass ultimate and I didn't cancel the subscription in time, now the expiration date is on 1/9/2019, can someone tell if Microsoft is going to steal my money? and if...
  3. Not getting any help from Microsoft regarding Xbox Cloud Gaming for Apple

in XboX Insiders
    Not getting any help from Microsoft regarding Xbox Cloud Gaming for Apple: Despite several attempts, I am not getting any follow up help from Microsoft regarding my inquiry below. I signed up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate because the Microsoft support person I was...
  4. Question Regarding Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Game Pass: My Question is…. If I have Redeemed Game Pass Code From Saudi Arabia And I have to move to India Will the Banned Games In Saudi Arabia Will Be Available When I Change My Country or Region??(For...
  5. Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback: Currently, and beginning with the Alpha channel release notes on May 5th, there is a section that states: Blu-Ray Playback We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K...
  6. Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings: I have a C9, and from what I have seen so far, setting the to to Cinema mode for DV produces more accurate whites. The question I have, is should I be setting the TV input to PC mode, and should I...
  7. Audio issues regarding recent alpha preview update.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues regarding recent alpha preview update.: I recently updated my original xbox one and the audio stopped working completely anyone else experience this or have a fix for this issue. submitted by /u/El_Pesto [link] [comments]
  8. Can a mod make a comment regarding lack of Omega build updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Can a mod make a comment regarding lack of Omega build updates?: I am not being offered the latest Omega build. I am stuck on the April 25th build (2104.210423-1615) I have posted here. I have left feedback using the report a problem. I have contacted @...
  9. I keep getting an error message with this account and my son's account in regards to Games ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting an error message with this account and my son's account in regards to Games ...: I keep getting an error message that says I should not be on this page or something when I try to get Dark Souls free. I want my free game I am entitled to and I want my son to get his too....
  10. Help regarding sons account suspension.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help regarding sons account suspension.: HI, I am posting using my sons account. He has recently received an enforcement notice active until 04/11/17. I have unrestricted access to his account and I sanction him for any behaviour I deem...