Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

Discus and support Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Verzidy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Verzidy
    Verzidy Guest

Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive.

I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me.

:)

Verzidy, Aug 19, 2019
  2. JOLLYxxWOLF Win User

Reseting a inactive gamertag for use.

I'm Sorry but there is no way to have a gamertag to be reset. The tag system is use on other Microsoft services, so even if it's not being used on the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, it could be used elsewhere. If the gamertag is taken there's no way to request a
    reset of that account even if it appears "Inactive." There might be a reset of some old inactive gamertags sometime in the future, but until then not much you can do.
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

Xbox Gamertag Binding

Pretty sure if the account is completely inactive with no sign ins, the gamertag will be reset.
  5. SammieChaos Win User

Gamertag

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

As mentioned before there was a system implemented in 2016 for gamertags that got left behind on the Xbox 360 consoles. After a Xbox / Microsoft account remains
    totally inactive for 5 years, the tag will be released to be used by someone new. So under this new rule, gamertags that have remained inactive completely will be released for use in 2021.

Unfortunately there would be no way for you to get the name unless you are able to access the account and use the old account, or pay for the name change on both accounts. But, if you do access the account and later change your mind, it will reset the 5
    year wait time to 0.
  6. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
Thema:

1. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account. - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertag reset

2. Inactive gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive gamertags: Hey microsoft how do we get gamertags from inactive accounts after their inactive period is up? 37e45099-02dd-41c9-9aa1-b26b4411e7dd
  3. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

in XboX Insiders
    Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?: After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would...
  4. Gamertag from inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag from inactive account: I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me go about acquiring this name for my Xbox...
  5. Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account: There is an old Gamertag that I've kept my eyes on for a bit and I would love to have the name. It's been inactive for years so it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a name I've been going...
  6. Inactive Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Gamertags: Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by someone who has not connected to xbox live since...
  7. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  8. Reset Inactive Accounts Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Inactive Accounts Gamertags: I think resetting inactive players gamertags would be a good thing. Why should a person who has not been active since 2007 and has 0 gamerscore have a gamertag that they don't even use? Just a...
  9. Reseting a inactive gamertag for use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reseting a inactive gamertag for use.: Just wondering if you guys could look into reseting the gamertag Usherr, pretty sure its inactive and if you could look into the gamertag Usher and see if you could reset it as well. Jw, pretty...
  10. Resetting Gamertags on Inactive Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting Gamertags on Inactive Accounts: Every time I try to change my gamertag to something, it says it's already taken (obviously). But when I look up the person, they have NOTHING on their account. No gold membership, no gamerscore,...