Inactive Gamertag

Discus and support Inactive Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been all over the internet trying to find answers about this. Inactive gamertags. I, like everyone else, want a gamertag that's inactive. Has... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AMERICUS2750, Apr 26, 2020.

1. AMERICUS2750
    AMERICUS2750 Guest

Inactive Gamertag

I have been all over the internet trying to find answers about this. Inactive gamertags. I, like everyone else, want a gamertag that's inactive. Has been for over a decade. No friends. No gamer score. When will inactive gamertags be available? Was it immediately
    after the Terms on Service update on 30 August 2019, or will it be two years after that date? Is there anyway to find the email associated with a gamertag, and contact the individual not using the tag?

:)

AMERICUS2750, Apr 26, 2020
  2. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
  3. SnowyScreen Win User

Gamertag Name Request

Inactive gamertags reset after 7 years of inactivity.
  4. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
  5. MattReptar Win User

Getting a gamertag that's taken but not in use?

Microsoft cannot and will not release an inactive gamertag because you want it. You'll have to wait until they free up the inactive gamertags. And no one besides Microsoft has any idea when they'll do it.
  6. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

I know of a gamertag that's being held, not used

Zune :)

If its an "Original Gamertag" that is silver and looks inactive, it most likely belongs to a fanatic who collects these types of gamertags. Technically nothing can be done since it belongs to someone. Even if the account is inactive.
Thema:

Inactive Gamertag

1. Inactive Gamertag - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertag

2. Inactive Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Xbox Gamertag: Way back when I first got an xbox one on Christmas 2014, during the infamous Lizard Squad Scandal, to get around the issue of me not being able to make an account I went to the Microsoft website...
  3. Inactive Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Gamertag: Hello, just a quick question. I wanted to change my gamertag, but I first checked to see if anyone had it (which someone did). The only thing is after viewing their profile they don’t seem to be...
  4. Inactive Account has a Gamertag I Want to Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Account has a Gamertag I Want to Use: So my name on twitch is and has been for awhile so I tried to make my gamertag but its taken by an inactive account with 0 gamerscore. Not sure if there is anything I could do about it especially...
  5. Potential gamertag being used by inactive member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential gamertag being used by inactive member: Hello, I have recently decided that I wanted to change my gamertag to a simpler version because the one I created years ago as a young kid has "Killa" at the end of it. When I attempted to change...
  6. Gamertag change but on Inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change but on Inactive account: Hi, I’m a gaming YouTubed under the name “Neg” for over a decade now and I’d like to change my gamertag to “Neg” however the gamer tag is held by an account which has been inactive for years. The...
  7. Release inactive gamertags.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Release inactive gamertags.: I want the gamertag “Cyrus” but its paired to an inactive microsoft account. Please release inactive gamertags. 15b39258-3eff-4b27-9377-2b656cfe1fb6
  8. Getting an inactive gamertag removed and back into the database

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting an inactive gamertag removed and back into the database: Who do I need to reach out to in order to have the Gamertag "Ryka" removed as it has been inactive for almost 6 years? I am a mixer streamer and Ryka is my brand and how most people know me. I...
  9. is it possible to release an inactive users gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it possible to release an inactive users gamertag: Been waiting for an inactive users gamertag to be released but wasnt back in 2016. its been well over 10+ years. Was wondering if its possible to release it and assign it to me....
  10. Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity: Hello, as the title says, I've read that a microsoft account is deleted after 2 years of inactivity. My dads email was attached to my account and therefore as I've not played my 360 for a while...