Inactive Gamertags

Discus and support Inactive Gamertags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jean-Francois✔, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Inactive Gamertags

Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by someone who has not connected to xbox live since 2010 and
    is still unavailable. Could someone from microsoft give us more details about this information? Thank you

:)

Jean-Francois✔, Sep 25, 2019
  2. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
  3. SnowyScreen Win User

Gamertag Name Request

Inactive gamertags reset after 7 years of inactivity.
  4. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
  5. MattReptar Win User

Getting a gamertag that's taken but not in use?

Microsoft cannot and will not release an inactive gamertag because you want it. You'll have to wait until they free up the inactive gamertags. And no one besides Microsoft has any idea when they'll do it.
  6. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

I know of a gamertag that's being held, not used

Zune :)

If its an "Original Gamertag" that is silver and looks inactive, it most likely belongs to a fanatic who collects these types of gamertags. Technically nothing can be done since it belongs to someone. Even if the account is inactive.
Thema:

Inactive Gamertags

1. Inactive Gamertags - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertags

2. Inactive gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive gamertags: Hey microsoft how do we get gamertags from inactive accounts after their inactive period is up? 37e45099-02dd-41c9-9aa1-b26b4411e7dd
  3. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

in XboX Insiders
    Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?: After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would...
  4. Gamertag from inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag from inactive account: I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me go about acquiring this name for my Xbox...
  5. Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account: There is an old Gamertag that I've kept my eyes on for a bit and I would love to have the name. It's been inactive for years so it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a name I've been going...
  6. XBOX Live GamerTag inactive

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Live GamerTag inactive: Hello All and thank you for taking the time to read my question. I am highly anticipating the new release of Microsoft Flight Sim and took this time to update my profile information. I noticed...
  7. Hello Just wondering when will inactive gamertags become available.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Just wondering when will inactive gamertags become available.: I know back in 2016 there was one but i didn't have an xbox then. wondering if there would be another one soon. Because i want my old gamertag back when I use to play 360. I lost that account...
  8. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  9. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  10. Xbox gamertag and inactive account update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag and inactive account update: so whats going on with this new update im hearing coming out next month like can someone tell me whats going to happen 8e3011a8-76e9-44bb-861a-38c52e8c6367