Inactive Gamertags

Discus and support Inactive Gamertags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jean-Francois✔, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Inactive Gamertags

Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by someone who has not connected to xbox live since 2010 and
    is still unavailable. Could someone from microsoft give us more details about this information? Thank you

:)

Jean-Francois✔, Sep 25, 2019
  2. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
  3. SnowyScreen Win User

Gamertag Name Request

Inactive gamertags reset after 7 years of inactivity.
  4. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
  5. MattReptar Win User

Getting a gamertag that's taken but not in use?

Microsoft cannot and will not release an inactive gamertag because you want it. You'll have to wait until they free up the inactive gamertags. And no one besides Microsoft has any idea when they'll do it.
  6. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

I know of a gamertag that's being held, not used

Zune :)

If its an "Original Gamertag" that is silver and looks inactive, it most likely belongs to a fanatic who collects these types of gamertags. Technically nothing can be done since it belongs to someone. Even if the account is inactive.
Thema:

Inactive Gamertags

1. Inactive Gamertags - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertags

2. Claiming an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claiming an inactive gamertag: Recently, I have had the urge to change my gamertag. My current gamertag is I Yibo I and although this name has served me well, I wanted to see if I could get rid of the brackets. Unfortunately,...
  3. I want to claim an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to claim an inactive gamertag: So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim....
  4. What date next year do inactive gamertags get released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What date next year do inactive gamertags get released?: What date next year do inactive gamertags get released? 29771eca-aa39-417c-a4c7-91be5cf49136
  5. Inactive gamertag policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive gamertag policy: I changed my gamertag back in 2007 and a few years ago went to reclaim it only to find it was taken I’ve watched the account and it has been inactive for several years and I saw someone post that...
  6. Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity: Earlier today I asked a question here: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity and I got an answer was marked as an answer and the topic was locked, but it does not answer the...
  7. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?: Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is...
  8. Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity: I have a long problem with a gamertag and I will try to explain it briefly but in detail. In 2012 I closed a Microsoft Account that had the MatheusWillder gamertag associated with it. In 2015 I...
  9. Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system: In 2016 it was announced that Microsoft accounts were subject to deletion after 5 years of inactivity. A year or to ago, I read that the period of inactivity was shortened from 5 to 2 years. If...
  10. Gamertag that are inactive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag that are inactive: I saw the gamertag Thursday hasn't played a game in about 3 years i was wondering if its a unactive account and maybe i could have my gamertag changed from Beuhti to Thursday it would mean alot...