Inactive Gamertags

Discus and support Inactive Gamertags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How long does an account have to be inactive for in order to revoke a Gamertag and give it to someone else? I want to change my Gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cassassinati0n, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Inactive Gamertags

How long does an account have to be inactive for in order to revoke a Gamertag and give it to someone else? I want to change my Gamertag to Cassassinate and I've seen that the player has been inactive since 2008. Is it possible to do such a thing?
    I'd appreciate any help I can get.

:)

Cassassinati0n, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.

iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD-4E60-8191-0639FDF00437, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Do you think Microsoft will clear out old unused gamertags?

They actually do this but its not live gamertags as much as Microsoft accounts goes inactive for x period they will purge it

Terrin_marine, Jan 23, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Inactive Gamertags

They don't it's random you will have to keep checking or you have to be more creative with the spelling

ngocphi, Jan 23, 2014
  5. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
  6. SnowyScreen Win User

Gamertag Name Request

Inactive gamertags reset after 7 years of inactivity.
  7. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
  8. MattReptar Win User

Getting a gamertag that's taken but not in use?

Microsoft cannot and will not release an inactive gamertag because you want it. You'll have to wait until they free up the inactive gamertags. And no one besides Microsoft has any idea when they'll do it.
  9. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

I know of a gamertag that's being held, not used

Zune :)

If its an "Original Gamertag" that is silver and looks inactive, it most likely belongs to a fanatic who collects these types of gamertags. Technically nothing can be done since it belongs to someone. Even if the account is inactive.
Thema:

Inactive Gamertags

1. Inactive Gamertags - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertags

2. is it possible to release an inactive users gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it possible to release an inactive users gamertag: Been waiting for an inactive users gamertag to be released but wasnt back in 2016. its been well over 10+ years. Was wondering if its possible to release it and assign it to me....
  3. Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity: Hello, as the title says, I've read that a microsoft account is deleted after 2 years of inactivity. My dads email was attached to my account and therefore as I've not played my 360 for a while...
  4. Inactive gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive gamertags: Hey microsoft how do we get gamertags from inactive accounts after their inactive period is up? 37e45099-02dd-41c9-9aa1-b26b4411e7dd
  5. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

in XboX Insiders
    Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?: After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would...
  6. Gamertag from inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag from inactive account: I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me go about acquiring this name for my Xbox...
  7. Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account: There is an old Gamertag that I've kept my eyes on for a bit and I would love to have the name. It's been inactive for years so it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a name I've been going...
  8. Inactive Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Gamertags: Since last August 30, the old gamertags inactive for more than two years had to be put back "on the market". But the gamertag I want is taken by someone who has not connected to xbox live since...
  9. XBOX Live GamerTag inactive

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Live GamerTag inactive: Hello All and thank you for taking the time to read my question. I am highly anticipating the new release of Microsoft Flight Sim and took this time to update my profile information. I noticed...
  10. Hello Just wondering when will inactive gamertags become available.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Just wondering when will inactive gamertags become available.: I know back in 2016 there was one but i didn't have an xbox then. wondering if there would be another one soon. Because i want my old gamertag back when I use to play 360. I lost that account...