Inactive Gamertags

Discus and support Inactive Gamertags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How long does an account have to be inactive for in order to revoke a Gamertag and give it to someone else? I want to change my Gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cassassinati0n, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Inactive Gamertags

How long does an account have to be inactive for in order to revoke a Gamertag and give it to someone else? I want to change my Gamertag to Cassassinate and I've seen that the player has been inactive since 2008. Is it possible to do such a thing?
    I'd appreciate any help I can get.

:)

Cassassinati0n, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.

iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD-4E60-8191-0639FDF00437, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Do you think Microsoft will clear out old unused gamertags?

They actually do this but its not live gamertags as much as Microsoft accounts goes inactive for x period they will purge it

Terrin_marine, Jan 23, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Inactive Gamertags

They don't it's random you will have to keep checking or you have to be more creative with the spelling

ngocphi, Jan 23, 2014
  5. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
  6. SnowyScreen Win User

Gamertag Name Request

Inactive gamertags reset after 7 years of inactivity.
  7. Pritt-DCC9E71B-4FB5- Win User

Inactive Xbox Live Gamertag

www.ign.com/.../ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In this article, Microsoft teases that they may be releasing inactive Gamertags. Is it just false hope?

"Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned."

The article is admittedly old, but it is from after they released inactive Gamertags the first time.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Inactive Gamertags

Sorry to hear dimitri. However, as your issue seems to be completely different from the OP's can you please create a new thread detailing it exactly for further assistance tailored just to you?

Thank you.
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

inactive gamertag

You can't claim gtags that are already claimed although they seem not in use.
Thema:

Inactive Gamertags

1. Inactive Gamertags - Similar Threads - Inactive Gamertags

2. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  3. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  4. Xbox gamertag and inactive account update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag and inactive account update: so whats going on with this new update im hearing coming out next month like can someone tell me whats going to happen 8e3011a8-76e9-44bb-861a-38c52e8c6367
  5. inactive accounts gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    inactive accounts gamertags: I am just here to say that microsoft should open up all of the gamertags of inactive/deactivated accounts to be used by people that actually play! my dream username is taken by one of these...
  6. When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?: I know they recycled more than 1 million gamertag including OGS and 2016. ea860d2d-9bb9-48ee-abfa-ad8a8aeef14e
  7. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  8. I want a gamertag that is taken by a inactive player

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want a gamertag that is taken by a inactive player: okay so i am about to change my gamertag and this gamertag i want is taken by someone, but i checked he has no achievents no played games and hasnt been online in probably 10 somthing years. I was...
  9. Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account: I want to change my Xbox gamertag to a name of an inactive gamertag. I just had a chat with Microsoft support and they have informed me that the person that had this gamertag closed their account,...
  10. Gamertags/inactive accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertags/inactive accounts: If i want a particular gamertag and an account already has it but that account has been inactive for a very long time, is it possible for that gt to be reset for me to have it?...