Incorrect billing recipient (via email)

Discus and support Incorrect billing recipient (via email) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I keep getting someone else's microsoft store receipts. They're for small purchases like Fifi Points and Rocket League upgrades (i.e. Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mtargettuk, Oct 7, 2019.

1. mtargettuk
    mtargettuk Guest

Hi there,

I keep getting someone else's microsoft store receipts.

They're for small purchases like Fifi Points and Rocket League upgrades (i.e. Xbox games stuff) and looking at the email address at the bottom of the email it's intended for an email that is one character different from my own, so presumably there's been
    a manual error when inputting the email address at some point.

How do i get this fixed so that i don't receive them anymore and they go to the correct recipient?

Thank you,

Michael

:)

mtargettuk, Oct 7, 2019
  2. McDaddyTree Win User

I'd either contact Microsoft Support and ask them what they can do or email the person who should be getting the emails and inform them that you're getting their receipts for their purchases so that they can update their account info.
  3. mtargettuk Win User

Many thanks. If you need a reference number to use as an example, this is the latest one I've received:

Order number [mod removed - personal information]
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi mtargettuk,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sadly, we here on the forums lack the necessary tools to directly assist with billing or account issues. As your issue lays with receiving emails intended for another person, it is possible
    that they may have unintentionally used your email address when in their own account; however, you may wish to
    reach out to Xbox Support via a chat or requesting a call back to enquire as to what should be done as our Ambassador has previously suggested.

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available as the selections may change from time to time.

As there is no other resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers, we'll be locking the thread at this time. In future, if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums as we'd be glad to
    assist you.

Happy gaming.
  5. CryingHero Win User

You'll have to share that with support I'm afraid!

There isn't anyone in the forum that will be able to help on this one.

Follow the link in my original comment and ask to speak to an agent and they'll start the process :)
  6. CryingHero Win User

Thema:

1. Incorrect billing recipient (via email) - Similar Threads - Incorrect billing recipient

2. Incorrect Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect Ban: Im just a little confused as to how/why I was banned from communication. Someone sent me a message calling me an "autist". I replied saying "Anyone who uses autism as an insult is undeniably...
  3. Broadband usage stats incorrect for hourly and monthly stats

in XboX Insiders
    Broadband usage stats incorrect for hourly and monthly stats: Anyone else noticed that the broadband usage stats are not accurate? System>Settings>Network>Network settings>Broadband usage used to show actual download stats for hourly and historical usage...
  4. Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is incorrectly advertised. But here's a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is incorrectly advertised. But here's a...: Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is a lie. But here's a method to FIX it so it isn't being falsely advertised to the consumer. Look if the consumer is being told that they have...
  5. My current Xbox account is incorrectly locked to the wrong billing country.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current Xbox account is incorrectly locked to the wrong billing country.: Hi, I made an account for my Xbox One a couple of years back which I'm now trying to use for my old Xbox 360. Only problem is that I've apparently registered it to the wrong country; England...
  6. Incorrectly billed and reward points not registered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrectly billed and reward points not registered.: Hello all, So there is two issues I have. Firstly I pre-ordered Battlefield V Standard Edition on my Xbox via the store in June and chose to use £12 Microsoft credit and pay the remaining £47.99...
  7. How to remove old adress and incorrect billing information

in XBoX Rewards
    How to remove old adress and incorrect billing information: For several months I get this same message from Xbox Live Rewards: "Attention Needed Please check your account information so we can make a deposit. Your deposits aren’t going through! Please...
  8. Billing Info Incorrect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Billing Info Incorrect: For months I have been getting emails that Microsoft Rewards cannot make a deposit because my billing information is incorrect. I have checked and rechecked billing info and it is correct. What...
  9. Incorrect billing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incorrect billing: Hi, today i buy new games and complement, in all transaction was charged to more than shown, example buy the game Puzze Fighter HD, in the store say $9.99 but in my account removed 10,88 other...
  10. Billed incorrectly for Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billed incorrectly for Xbox live: Help! Have today noticed that I have been billed twice a month for my Xbox live, after speaking with a chat rep, it turns out I have been billed once for the account I use and once for an account...