Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

Discus and support Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There's a gamertag that I had been wanting for a long while now because I go by that name on other platforms, but it was taken. When I heard that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Times_Vengeance, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

There's a gamertag that I had been wanting for a long while now because I go by that name on other platforms, but it was taken. When I heard that Microsoft changed the way gamertags worked to allow people to have the same one, I was stoked because I finally would be able to change it. But they also reduced the amount of characters that could be used in your gamertag... I would have to remove three characters from the name if I wanted to use it now, and it just doesn't look good that way. It would be awesome if Microsoft could bring the character limit back to 15.

submitted by /u/Times_Vengeance
    [link] [comments]

/u/Times_Vengeance, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?

Gamertag character limit is & always has been 15 letters which is plenty.

Highly doubt it'll be increased any time soon i'm afraid.
  3. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Gamertag

I would just stick with the old 15 character gamertag, this new one only allows 12, if I’m not mistaken.
  4. Drizha Win User

Gamertag Change

You will not be allowed an extra space just for you. Just change the length of the name. ALL gamertags have to be 15 characters/under.

Sorry.
  5. juan van Win User

Maximum character length in gamertags

6. VernierSlake Win User

Maximum character length in gamertags

This is fact and here's the evidence to support this as fact > I know this for a fact but don't have any evidence to support it
Thema:

Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

1. Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15 - Similar Threads - Increase maximum allowed

2. Gamer Tag Character Increase

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer Tag Character Increase: With the newer gamer tag system the problem with is, 12 characters is to short, can there and will there be a small character increase to maybe 15 or 16? 59d23ef1-84d5-452a-bb5e-419b3446d607
  3. Xbox One multiplayer lag. How to increase internet speeds for gaming.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One multiplayer lag. How to increase internet speeds for gaming.: Xbox One multiplayer lag. How to increase internet speeds for gaming. If possible at all I would just run a Cat5 (ethernet cable) downstairs or wherever are the most frequent and buy another...
  4. Do we know if Microst plans to increase the resolution to 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Do we know if Microst plans to increase the resolution to 1080p?: It would be great as I use Xcloud quite often on the TV rather than my phone. Will they keep it 720p forever or they will increase it to 1080p? IS there any official communication about it?...
  5. Live Gold code increase my subscription for 1 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold code increase my subscription for 1 month: Hello, I bought Xbox one X 2 days ago and I have codes valid to 06/30/2019, I take my Xbox to hostel and I want to play with friends so I bought in Monday 3 months subscription. My question is,...
  6. How can someone join or increase their chances of joining the Alpha/Alpha skip ahead ring?

in XboX Insiders
    How can someone join or increase their chances of joining the Alpha/Alpha skip ahead ring?: Hi, I don't know too much on how the top 2 rings work and trying to understand it a bit more. How can one join or get a better chance at joining one of these rings? I'm level 5 W/ 2 years 3 months...
  7. Price Increase to Xbox Live without any pre-notification!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Price Increase to Xbox Live without any pre-notification!!!: I was just wondering why I have been charged £6.99 for Xbox Live, without prior notification from Microsoft of the price increase. It’s just rude! I was paying £5.99 for my son to play online...
  8. Xbox live gold price increases and should be down back to normal price not increased

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold price increases and should be down back to normal price not increased: I remember buying xbox live gold for £20 now it's twice as expensive 276573aa-449a-447a-ac4b-240aae319ddb
  9. Increase account limit so that can purchase surface

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Increase account limit so that can purchase surface: i have purchased gift card thinking that they can be used to purchase surface pro. but now then i notice that there is a limit of USD1000 to an account. is there a way to increase the limit or use...
  10. How do you increase your base maximum size limit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you increase your base maximum size limit: [img] I was playing stated that he too and needed a crafter so I allied with a local enclave and wanted to recruit one of them but unlike normal when I try to recruit them it says your community...