Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

Discus and support Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There's a gamertag that I had been wanting for a long while now because I go by that name on other platforms, but it was taken. When I heard that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Times_Vengeance, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

There's a gamertag that I had been wanting for a long while now because I go by that name on other platforms, but it was taken. When I heard that Microsoft changed the way gamertags worked to allow people to have the same one, I was stoked because I finally would be able to change it. But they also reduced the amount of characters that could be used in your gamertag... I would have to remove three characters from the name if I wanted to use it now, and it just doesn't look good that way. It would be awesome if Microsoft could bring the character limit back to 15.

submitted by /u/Times_Vengeance
    [link] [comments]

/u/Times_Vengeance, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?

Gamertag character limit is & always has been 15 letters which is plenty.

Highly doubt it'll be increased any time soon i'm afraid.
  3. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Gamertag

I would just stick with the old 15 character gamertag, this new one only allows 12, if I’m not mistaken.
  4. Drizha Win User

Gamertag Change

You will not be allowed an extra space just for you. Just change the length of the name. ALL gamertags have to be 15 characters/under.

Sorry.
  5. juan van Win User

Maximum character length in gamertags

6. VernierSlake Win User

Maximum character length in gamertags

This is fact and here's the evidence to support this as fact > I know this for a fact but don't have any evidence to support it
Thema:

Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15

1. Increase maximum allowed characters in gamertag back to 15 - Similar Threads - Increase maximum allowed

2. Increased Button Mapping Functionality for Elite Controller Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Increased Button Mapping Functionality for Elite Controller Series 2: I am new to the world of PC gaming and I recently purchased an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 to play a few games that work a little better with a controller vs. keyboard and mouse (3rd person...
  3. Xbox One S began freezing and increasingly unresponsive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S began freezing and increasingly unresponsive.: My Xbox One S started experiencing issues a couple of days ago. At first, my games would constantly freeze for extended periods of time, but I could always quit the game or wait it out. Then, it...
  4. Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm: Hello I have a well ventilated clean xbox one x. Until recently everything was fine, now the console will show down due to overheating during more intense destiny 2 bosses. (I only play one game...
  5. In Microsoft Treasure Hunt, I'm stuck on not being able to increase number of pixaxe's,...

in XBoX on Windows
    In Microsoft Treasure Hunt, I'm stuck on not being able to increase number of pixaxe's,...: It looks like once you purchase five hearts to start each game, you never get the chance to increase the number of maps, dynamite, or pickaxes, OR more shields than just eight. I'd rather have my...
  6. Losing HDR, accompanied by increased input lag

in XboX Insiders
    Losing HDR, accompanied by increased input lag: I posted about this previously I've discovered more info since then. Two weeks ago my HDR went out. I tried resetting my TV, checked it for updates, check my Xbox for updates, did a hard reset,...
  7. Achievements unlocked with no gamerscore increase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements unlocked with no gamerscore increase: I bought a game from the sale yesterday and when I went to play it it shows that I have unlocked all the achievements from it even though I have never played it previously...
  8. Increased input latency for controllers?

in XboX Insiders
    Increased input latency for controllers?: Alpha Skip Ahead/original Xbox One/Elite Series 1 controller Since the March 24 update (2005.200323-0000) I have noticed that sometimes the input of the controller takes more time to recognize...
  9. Increased audio latency over hdmi alpha build 2004.200319

in XboX Insiders
    Increased audio latency over hdmi alpha build 2004.200319: Anybody else notice a massive increase in audio latency over hdmi with the latest alpha build? >500ms now. Feedback submitted submitted by /u/trixsta587 [link] [comments]
  10. How do you increase your base maximum size limit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you increase your base maximum size limit: [img] I was playing stated that he too and needed a crafter so I allied with a local enclave and wanted to recruit one of them but unlike normal when I try to recruit them it says your community...