Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please

Discus and support Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi there, Concerns SeriesX Can we please have more informations on this topic as this is very problematic. My 55inch C9 is suffering a strange... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/lephilou, Nov 30, 2020.

1. /u/lephilou
    /u/lephilou Guest

Hi there,

Concerns SeriesX

Can we please have more informations on this topic as this is very problematic. My 55inch C9 is suffering a strange artefact (not related to Live+ LG setting) and we need to know if Microsoft knows why some of us get this issue (concerning the C9 some people are reporting not being affected) and if they will solve it. Will we have to return our console, our tvs for repair or wait for a firmware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZczkqX2oo&feature=emb_logo

Thank you

ps: list of SeriesX issues

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5?auth=1

submitted by /u/lephilou
    [link] [comments]

/u/lephilou, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x not recognizing 4K at 60 fps

Hi,

Your TV is working normally and supports 4K/60.

The up to native 1080 at 120 FPS is not a glitch. The vizio p65-f1 can actually do 120Hz at 1080P. This why this is here. However, don't get too excited. While 120Hz is supported, the TV does not do VRR (variable refresh rate). Without VRR, a 120Hz refresh
    will not be smooth for gaming.
  3. skylaar Win User

Monitor with 120hz and VRR

Does your monitor support both VRR and 120Hz on Xbox? I have read that only specfic monitors out there support both enabled. For awhile the VRR was only supported at 60Hz but there are some monitors now that will allow you to enable both VRR and 120Hz.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have any other information than you do. I can tell you though that the reason 120Hz isn't working on all monitors is because of an issue with the display timings.

Usually 120Hz isn't 120Hz exactly. If I monitor has a none standard refresh of 119.88, but the console expects 119.98 then the 120Hz option will be unavailable. This should be an easy enough thing to fix if they put their minds to in. These none standard
    refresh rates cause no problems with PCs as PC graphics cards are not tied to standard VESA display timings.

Also bear in mind that VRR can also be a factor. Many displays can only utilise the full refresh rate with VRR over display port. 120Hz without VRR isn't worth enabling.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p@120Hz WITH HDR on Xbox Series X ?

Hi,

What ngocphi has said is somewhat true but not entirely. I'm sure they mean well but I little more explanation is required.

The Asus VG32VQ can do 120Hz at 1440P, however, the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) FreeSync on this display tops out at 85Hz over HDMI. So for Xbox, 1440P 120Hz and VRR is a no go. You should be able to get to 120Hz with VRR at 1080P though.

The inability to do 1440P @ 120Hz is a limitation of your display's hardware, nothing to do with the older HDMI 2.0 port.

Most of these monitors rated refresh is based on their Display Port hardware.
  6. FahadAl Rhili Win User

Xbox One X connectivity to my Monitor

Xbox One X supports 1440P and 120Hz or 4K and
    60Hz. By attaching HDMI 2.1 or 2K@120 via HDMI 2.0. The cable will output just 1440P@120Hz only, in the end, this is a monitor that most suitable for PCs. Check the Video Output settings and tweak it accordingly. Your monitor, unfortunately, doesn't support
    ALLM or VRR.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please - Similar Threads - Informations 120hz VRR

2. Cannot add my card as a new payment method. Says that my information is incorrect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot add my card as a new payment method. Says that my information is incorrect.: This is a legitimate card and I use it every day however Xbox keeps telling me that the information associated with the card is incorrect 34be23da-f736-40a9-a17e-b746fea12217
  3. Players claim to have my ip address and credit card information, as well as home address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Players claim to have my ip address and credit card information, as well as home address: I was recently playing online on Rainbow six, fell upon a team that kept killing me and maling fun of us trough out the whole match, at a certain point they stopped their chattering and started...
  4. Xbox Credit Card Information

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Credit Card Information: Is there any way to see the full credit card details on my account as I need them as I have lost my card in my house. As I can only see the final 4 numbers. daabcd9c-d93c-4a0d-8cc9-042054a557f5
  5. incorrect warranty information

in XBoX on Consoles
    incorrect warranty information: Good day. I purchased my console on 27/05/2020. I have purchase invoice on hand. But when I registered my device it shows as the warranty had expired. I need assistance as the console currently...
  6. Game sharing information please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing information please: So, my brother had bought NBA 2k21. He gamed shared it with a friend. Well now is xbox is telling him he no longer owns the game. So he thought my son stole it. Is that possible? Or what? I've...
  7. Xbox live account information

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account information: I reset my xbox, i prepaid for a year of xbox live i connot Retrieve any information 26238dee-48ea-4bcf-8572-f5427fcc6bf2
  8. Minecraft Account Issue involving lack of email information.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Account Issue involving lack of email information.: So.... here's the issue. I had made a Microsoft Connected Minecraft Account during the PS4 Edition switch to Bedrock Edition. The thing is, I had sort of autopiloted my way through the Microsoft...
  9. If you play you gonna informed: “you running game so this can be affected to download...

in XboX Insiders
    If you play you gonna informed: “you running game so this can be affected to download...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Device information help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Device information help: I sold my xbox one x via ebay, which was factory reset and removed from my devices page on the account. The xbox was fully working and in excellent condition. The buyer has now stated that it...