Initial Setup won't work with Hotel's connection

Discus and support Initial Setup won't work with Hotel's connection in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I could not connect to my profile so I did what was recommended on the Xbox website, I reset it and now I can't get passed the internet setting, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Soldier442, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Soldier442
    Soldier442 Guest

I could not connect to my profile so I did what was recommended on the Xbox website, I reset it and now I can't get passed the internet setting, it says cannot connect to the internet for both wired and wireless. So, I guess there is no way to bypass
    the internet on initial setup, how can I make this system work again?

:)

Soldier442, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Fearless Reign7 Win User

Hotel internet isnt very good. Alot of ppl are there trying to use it and its not very reliable. Plus you never know....someone could be there in there room and try to hack your system and take your personal info. That is def something you need to watch
    out for
  3. DarthLegacy905 Win User

I lIke to call any hotel internet connection McDonald's internet... no matter what you do, it is not going to be reliable, because no one knows the strength of the connection. When I was in the Air Force, and whenever one of my friends changes bases, we
    both experienced the same issue. For me, and I don't know if this is possible where you are, but it worked for me.... I just made my phone a hot spot, connected my xbox to that connection, and everything was able to work out fine. Then again, that was when
    I had unlimited data...

Hope this helps :)
  4. ThePouchBear Win User

There may be network restrictions at the hotel
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

you will need to bypass the hotel authentication page, you could try asking the front desk - but i'm not sure that would help. you'll need to do a full restore of the console to reset to default.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Soldier,

You will need to get with the hotel. Sometimes they have an authentication to connect. Just call the front desk and let them know you are having difficulty connecting.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Initial Setup won't work with Hotel's connection - Similar Threads - Initial Setup won't

2. Moving Xbox console after initial setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Xbox console after initial setup: if I move my Xbox console to a different TV in a different room than I initially set it up on will I have to go through the initial startup process all over again...
  3. Xbox won’t connect to internet during initial setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to internet during initial setup: My xbox series x will not connect to my internet during its initial setup. Whenever I type in my password on the xbox it says it cannot connect. I know the password is correct though. My internet...
  4. Will series X require Internet and Microsoft account on initial setup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will series X require Internet and Microsoft account on initial setup?: Hello, So the one thing I do not like in my One X is that without internet it could not be setup when bought or when resetting it. It is basically a brick in those moments. Will Series X (I know...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 setup initial

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 setup initial: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 very sluggish in a high performance PC?setup guidelines please f13948e0-60a1-486c-a409-b3052a87a147
  6. XBOX One will not update at initial setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One will not update at initial setup: Have tried multiple times to set up my new XBOX One system. Read multiple strategies and have tired everything. When I tried to get help from Microsoft I'm redirected to the XBOX site that tells...
  7. Initial setup restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Initial setup restart: I am trying to start the original system set up but I can’t perform this initial set up because the family settings passcode has been forgotten how do I reset my system set up...
  8. Xbox One X initial setup won't accept existing emails.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X initial setup won't accept existing emails.: I bought my fiancee an Xbox One X goldrush edition. During setup it asks for an email to proceed through the setup. We have tried three existing emails. The one linked to my account exusting...
  9. Initial setup won't get past the "You're Connected" screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Initial setup won't get past the "You're Connected" screen: I've tried several times to get past this screen. I've used both wired and wireless connections. When I get the "You're Connected" message, I push the A button but nothing happens. (I hear a...
  10. Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems): I have an Xbox One with 1 Tb hard drive. I just got the console for Christmas this morning. I checked that all of the wires are hooked up correctly, and I have followed all of the steps on...