Input lag but only on my account

Discus and support Input lag but only on my account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; For the past two years I have noticed my right stick feeling a bit unresponsive and heavy and random times. I have changed TVs, countless new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by meekflyer4, May 21, 2022.

1. meekflyer4
    meekflyer4 Guest

For the past two years I have noticed my right stick feeling a bit unresponsive and heavy and random times. I have changed TVs, countless new controllers, and switched wifi providers a few times. I only really started to pay attention to this when I made a new account and it feels responsive and smooth. I also don't remember having this problem until around the time I got the new series X. I'm not really sure what could be the cause of this and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem, a fix for this maybe, or just some sort of assurance that the issue is being looked into.

:)

meekflyer4, May 21, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. EPicMyers Win User

Lag Compensation video

An often overlooked source of lag is the television you are playing the game on. Most modern HDTVs will have a fair amount of input lag, and will make whatever lag the game has seem worse than it is. My old LCD had nearly 100ms of input lag, which put
    me at a distinct disadvantage most of the time. My current TV is closer to 30ms input lag which is considered very low for an HDTV.
  4. Steelhouse1 Win User

What the hell lag EVERY GAME.

CODukes, remember that input lag is different than response time. The best monitors I have seen are about 9ms of input lag with a 1 seconds response. truly beast. I just (literally today) purchased a 27" monitor for my wife because I found my wife's TV has
    ~100ms of input lag (no game mode). 10ms input lag 6ms of response time. What monitor did you get? Whats funny is my TV a Sharp 52" from 2007 has a 30ms input lag. Which explains why I tend to do better than my wife... :)
  5. DOBBIN64 Win User

Whats the best gaming tv?

this is the only site i have found that tests for input lag www.hdtvtest.co.uk/reviews.php
  6. Cathproudlock Win User

Input lag fix on current patch

what input lag? ive never noticed any. Only issues i was aware of were with the PS3
Thema:

1. Input lag but only on my account - Similar Threads - Input lag account

2. Massive Input Lag with PC Game Pass Anti-Cheat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Massive Input Lag with PC Game Pass Anti-Cheat: As an example, when I try to play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection", (single or multiplayer) my game lags/freezes any time I try to make an input. Any Mouse or Keyboard input will cause this...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X: Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the...
  4. Input Lag While Playing Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Input Lag While Playing Games: So, for the most part my input works perfectly fine. But for some reason whenever I play any game, I consistently get input lag every few moments. It has really been hindering my gaming...
  5. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  6. Horrible input lag on Xbox One X

in XboX Insiders
    Horrible input lag on Xbox One X: I was playing games fine, the next morning, I got up and tried playing and the controls feel like absolute trash - clunky and clumsy. I tried doing a hard reset on the console, resetting...
  7. Horrible input lag on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible input lag on Xbox One X: I was playing games fine. the next morning, I got up and tried playing and the controls feel like absolute trash - very clunky and clumsy. I tried doing a hard reset on the console, resetting...
  8. Dolby Vision for gaming on LG C7 = input lag extravaganza

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision for gaming on LG C7 = input lag extravaganza: I just tested dolby vision for gaming on my C7 and it looks very nice but games suffer from terrible lag. Is there any solution or my tv is too old to support it? submitted by /u/Geeksentai...
  9. Input lag ONLY with new XSX controller (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Input lag ONLY with new XSX controller (PC): So I just bought a brand new Xbox controller for use on PC (via Bluetooth) and for some reason it has absolutely horrible input lag no matter what I do, even when used wired. This is not an issue...
  10. All 2D games lag and receive no input when using mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    All 2D games lag and receive no input when using mouse and keyboard: All games I've tested (Terraria, Clicker Heroes, Graveyard Keeper) that run in 2D cannot be played with mouse and keyboard. I've tried completely removing my controller, un/reinstalling,...