Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass

Discus and support Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing MSFS2020 for a year (having bought deluxe edition from MS Store) and a couple of months ago started a trial of GamePass. After the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhredElder, May 11, 2022.

1. PhredElder
    PhredElder Guest

I have been playing MSFS2020 for a year (having bought deluxe edition from MS Store) and a couple of months ago started a trial of GamePass. After the trial period, i allowed it to expire as I did not find enough value for what i was playing to renew. However, since then, i have been unable to launch my (purchased) copy of Flight Sim. After an extended time researching why it would not open, i discovered the .EXE file (and folder) were on drive, but with file size of 0 bytes. Apparently the executable was 'toasted' with the end of the subscription. A similar action would have been expected for the Master Chief game obtained with the GamePass, but instead of bringing up a "can't find executable file" error, it says it needs the GamePass to run.

I have gone to the MS Store to try repair/install the program but it won't work.

What needs to be done to 'fix' my game? I really don't want to have to uninstall 130 GB of functional files and then spend another (better part of a) week downloading these same files in a clean/new install. (not to mention the hit to my i-net restrictions of throughput...i'm on fixed budget and don't have a fast/unlimited internet connection).

Doing the application repair from the settings menu does not fix problem.

Help/suggestions are appreciated.

:)

PhredElder, May 11, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

When you install Game Pass, all eligible titles are flagged as game pass, sometimes when you cancel game pass, these flags are not removed properly.

Afraid you have to reinstall, sorry
  3. Ryan355 Win User

Which files do I copy to transfer Flight Simulator 2020 to another PC?

Hi guys. So i've recently also wanted to copy over my MSFS2020 from my PC to my laptop and followed the instructions posted by DeckedBeret1566. I have copied the 'Official' and 'Community' folder from my PC (D:\Games\MSFS2020) to my laptop (C:\Games\MSFS2020).
    However when I select (C:\Games\MSFS2020) in the installer, it proceeds to download the entire game from scratch. Perhaps I am missing something?
  4. s33r Win User

Can't access MSFS 2020

Have you tried running a repair on it though as opposed to the reinstall? Certainly agree that Gaming Services is the fulcrum here as it does seem to be a dependency. Perhaps worth trying to get that re-installed independent of MSFS2020 first before attempting to reinstall MSFS2020?
  5. Farkas David01 Win User

Xbox live canceled

Gamepass Ultimate includes Xbox Live gold and Gamepass. So if you cancel Gamepass Ultimate you cancel your gold too.
  6. Geth Win User

Can't cancel broken installation

Fully remove the game. Saved data and all.

Power cycle the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

Restart the console and reinstall the game.
Thema:

1. Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass - Similar Threads - Install MSFS2020 broken

2. About MSFS2020's Installer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    About MSFS2020's Installer: Hi all, I'm having an issue where when I am installing MSFS2020 it takes very long to install. But when I download a game through steam for some reason the network prioritizes it and makes it easy...
  3. why cant i install the xbox insider hub msfs2020 update i have joined the hub and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i install the xbox insider hub msfs2020 update i have joined the hub and...: why cant i install the xbox insider hub msfs2020 update i have joined the hub and downloaded the update but it wont update what am i doing wrog? a8cf7202-f5a6-4d54-a2a2-9972585c9602
  4. CANT install msfs2020 insider update

in XboX Insiders
    CANT install msfs2020 insider update: CANT install msfs2020 insider update submitted by /u/ResidentGur2251 [link] [comments]
  5. CANT install msfs2020 insider update

in XboX Insiders
    CANT install msfs2020 insider update: CANT install msfs2020 insider update can some one tell me how to do it????? submitted by /u/ResidentGur2251 [link] [comments]
  6. Cannot Re-install MSFS2020 after swapping drives round. Error code 0x8007007b Reconnect the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Re-install MSFS2020 after swapping drives round. Error code 0x8007007b Reconnect the...: Hi all, I had to swap my drives around, as my C: drive (my Windows boot drive) was too small, and seriously running out of space, so I swapped them around and also added in a new 2Tb M.2. drive...
  7. MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store -...: MSFS starts its launch phase -- hits a screen that says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store and I click OK, and it shuts down. Launch Microsoft Store - run updates -...
  8. MSFS2020 INSTALL

in XBoX on Windows
    MSFS2020 INSTALL: Iafter comp hacked and put out of action Wish to reinstall 2020 to on a comp I have just built Kind Regards George 310f4831-6594-4c29-9b83-1e2a803bbfa2
  9. Could MS have possibly made installing MSFS2020 any more frustrating?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could MS have possibly made installing MSFS2020 any more frustrating?: I am no stranger to computers, yet the install process for MS FS2020 seems to be a real challenge. and I need help. Why do I have to deal with so many accounts that I don't even know why they're...
  10. error 0x80080005 upon attempting to install msfs2020 from Xbox PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    error 0x80080005 upon attempting to install msfs2020 from Xbox PC (Beta): Previously installs functioned fine, but attempting to re-install msfs2020 (I was forced to uninstall due to a loading screen bug) has not even passed 0%. The error code is 0x80080005. My internet...