Install the game or app popup when opening Snap menu.

Discus and support Install the game or app popup when opening Snap menu. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Is anybody else having this problem? When ever I turn my console on and I go to Snap an app I get a message pop up saying "You need to install the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattyyDunn, Feb 11, 2015.

1. MattyyDunn
    MattyyDunn Guest

Hi

Is anybody else having this problem? When ever I turn my console on and I go to Snap an app I get a message pop up saying "You need to install the game or app for this - Make sure you are signed into Xbox Live and look for it on the Xbox Store"

If I click the search button it takes me to the store and does nothing but if I hit cancel it goes away and dosnt happen again until I turn the console off and back on.

This never used to happen until I installed the February update now it happens every time I first open the snap menu.

I am beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the friends app? On the Xbox Home my Friends section is not there and if I open the snap menu it shows the Fiends XX Online, message pops up saying I need to install the app then the number of friends
    online disappears.

Any Ideas?

:)

MattyyDunn, Feb 11, 2015
  2. Unusual font when snapping an application

After opening an application, i double press the 'xbox' button to snap another application side by side to what is currently open.

The side bar is then loaded displaying the available apps that can be snapped.

Again double pressing the 'xbox' button opens up a new menu giving me the option of 'Achievements, snap an app, snap and unsnap.

Both 'snap an App' and 'Unsnap' are displayed in an very unusual font.

The OS version installed is 6.2.11617.0 (xb_rel_1410.140904-1111) fre

Thought this may be worth posting, thanks.

zl PINHEAD lz, Feb 11, 2015
  3. SteveP555
    SteveP555 Guest
    Signs out of xblive when starting game

Each time i sign in then start an app or game i get signed out. On the menu screen i have to log in. Sometime as i get the signed out msg i get the signed in popup

SteveP555, Feb 11, 2015
  4. Maladaptive
    Maladaptive Guest

From what I've been able to figure out it has something to do with booting up from Instant-On. Hard resets will fix this until you shut your Xbox off again, but it will happen the first time you open the snap menu after powering it back on. If you set your
    Xbox to Power saving mode, aka fully shutting it down, it won't happen. But you cannot use "Xbox on" to wake it up, it won't download games and updates automatically, and it will take 3 times as long to boot up. So you have to basically ruin the main convenience
    features of your Xbox for this to stop happening.

The message doesn't cause anything to stop working, but I've just about thrown my controller through the wall because it's so freaking annoying. Based on what I was told by customer support I've done a factory reset and have used the Offline System Update
    Diagnostic Tool to do both a factory reset as well as a manual update to try and fix the problem. Nothing works.

Maladaptive, Apr 4, 2015
  5. Maladaptive Win User

From what I've been able to figure out it has something to do with booting up from Instant-On. Hard resets will fix this until you shut your Xbox off again, but it will happen the first time you open the snap menu after powering it back on. If you set your
    Xbox to Power saving mode, aka fully shutting it down, it won't happen. But you cannot use "Xbox on" to wake it up, it won't download games and updates automatically, and it will take 3 times as long to boot up. So you have to basically ruin the main convenience
    features of your Xbox for this to stop happening.

The message doesn't cause anything to stop working, but I've just about thrown my controller through the wall because it's so freaking annoying. Based on what I was told by customer support I've done a factory reset and have used the Offline System Update
    Diagnostic Tool to do both a factory reset as well as a manual update to try and fix the problem. Nothing works.
  6. Xox VEN0M xoX Win User

How to mute Live TV while watching Xbox Video in Snap Mode

i agree. this is a HUGE issue. Obviously this should be an option as you can do this with the NFL app. when you have the NFL app in the snap menu, you do have the option to mute it by hitting the menu button on the controller. It seems like a no brainer
    to have this option available for all the apps. Especially the TV app. This current error makes the TV app in the SNAP Menu unwatchable as you here volume from the game and live tv. Please let me know when this is updated. again HUGE issue.
  7. Intersmack Win User

Missing Rare Replay Games?

I found a way to open Perfect Dark, when the error pops select help. When the help app snaps open on the side the game also launches.
  8. Bazajaytee Win User

Can you fully disable the snap feature?

You can't disable the snap app.

When you press the Xbox button what are you expecting? For it to go to Dashboard?

What app is it snapping for you? Is it the Achievements app?

Try the following:

Load any full screen game

Press the Xbox Button, if it snaps an app, highlight the snapped application

Press the MENU button (3 lines where START used to be on Xbox 360)

Select Go Full Screen

When the application goes full screen

Press the Xbox Button

It should take you back to the Dashboard, then just load your game of choice and now apps shouldn't snap unless you tell them to.
  9. Elohmn Win User

Anyway to turn off auto-snap?

I have this problem as well and there is no method to maintain a specific setting or preference for Snap or Full automatically.

The best you can do is by once going to the Home Screen to select the App and use the Menu Button (the old Start Button) and manually select Open Full. Some Apps like Messages however have no Full Version and will always Snap to the prior Open App.

The entire system was really poorly though out in regards and leaves a lot to desired.
Thema:

1. Install the game or app popup when opening Snap menu. - Similar Threads - Install game app

2. I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game: When i try to install/update an App or game, the process stays in "updating" or "installing" but never finished, sometimes receive the following error You need this update, but we cant get it...
  3. installing games/apps to a secondary drive stop working after a few restarts. Will this...

in XBoX on Windows
    installing games/apps to a secondary drive stop working after a few restarts. Will this...: so if you install games or apps to any drive other than C after a few restarts you will get this message when you try to launch a game "this app cannot be opened because the storage drive may be...
  4. I CAN'T INSTALL GAMES OR APPS FROM MICROSOFT STORE

in XBoX on Consoles
    I CAN'T INSTALL GAMES OR APPS FROM MICROSOFT STORE: I have tried to install apps and games from the Store, but whenever I do, all it says it 'Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly." and a week later it say the same thing, over and over again. I...
  5. Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.: The game: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10 Problem: Clicking the install button causes it to change to "preparing" then brings me back to the green install button again. Game won't...
  6. Games and Apps won't install or launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and Apps won't install or launch: 3 days ago my Xbox One S started to not launch any of my apps or games. This is a new Xbox purchased 2 weeks ago. So I restarted the console twice and that still didn't fix it. The next day I...
  7. Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s: I have tried every method of my knowledge (online also) and my xbox refuses to install any apps. Ive tried clearing my cache by holding the power button for 10 seconds (hard reset,) i have tried...
  8. Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues: So I had installed the newest Ori game via the game pass and Metro last light onto my comp Via this app. After I had gotten into the driveable cart in metro the audio was nothing but fuzz and this...
  9. My Games won't install but my apps are.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Games won't install but my apps are.: Hello! My name is James, I bought 3 games a couple of days ago namely NBA 2K20, Naruto Storm 4, and Tekken 7. Upon buying them from the store I tried installing them. After a few minutes...
  10. Xbox Games ands Apps not installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Games ands Apps not installing: Hey everyone, I have a serious question. I recently have been trying to buy new games and even download free ones from the store on Xbox and it keeps giving me the message "try that again, waiting...