Installation constantly stops upon reaching 34.8% (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Discus and support Installation constantly stops upon reaching 34.8% (Red Dead Redemption 2) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community, Recently I uninstalled RDR2 because of a bug. Upon trying to reinstall it, the game continued the process normally but suddenly it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ilias Kslr, May 24, 2022.

1. Ilias Kslr
    Ilias Kslr Guest

Hello Community,

Recently I uninstalled RDR2 because of a bug. Upon trying to reinstall it, the game continued the process normally but suddenly it stopped. The installation was constantly restarting but it still failed. It wouldn't get past 29.48 GBs. Also, I think I heard a clicking noise (HDD or fan issue?) although I am not entirely sure about that, I have tried clearing the local save files and resetting my Xbox but the issue still persists. Is there any possible solution to this problem?
    Installation constantly stops upon reaching 34.8% (Red Dead Redemption 2) [​IMG]

:)

Ilias Kslr, May 24, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Ilias. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

What Xbox console do you have?

Also, when you say that you reset your Xbox, do you mean a power reset (unpluging cables, waiting a few minutes and plugin again) or a factory reset?

Waiting for your answers, my friend.
  3. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

I checked this for my and my brothers account and that is the result. Looks a little bit strange or? On My Account the Ultimate Edition is listed twice. I think this is not correct and on my brothers account ultimate edition is missing. Pre-Order Bonus is
    correct, because i have it bought and my brother not.

My Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (War Horse)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (Treasure Map)

Brothers Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

4. LarryHorsley Win User

Error code 0x8b050066

trying to download RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, won't install.
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 not reading on Xbox360

Hey Chares,

Thank you for reaching out. Red Dead Redemption 2 is only available on the Xbox One, the original Red Dead however is playable on both consoles.
  6. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as their home console and any other profile on that console can then play that profiles digital games and use its subscriptions without the profile with the
    ownership of the games and subscriptions being signed in at the same time.
    Good to know, but if i got my own console and this new console to my home console then this did not work anymore on the old console right?

So i set the console to my home console on my account to an now it works - he has all the Content of the game, but i think this is not the solution for the initial Problem, because he bought and installed a seperate copy of the full
    game (Ultimate Edition) and so it should work without my account set to home console so that i share my game data with him.

And that is the real Problem which should be solved. So i checked what is installed on the console under his profile and compared it to my profile:

His installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

My installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

So we both have installed exactly the same game files, but if is only logged in, Nothing of the Special and ultimate edtion either the pre order Bonus stuff is loaded and accessible in the game. And that ist no correct. So what's the
    Problem?
Thema:

1. Installation constantly stops upon reaching 34.8% (Red Dead Redemption 2) - Similar Threads - Installation constantly stops

2. Urgent: Some users in the UK are still experiencing constant installation errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Urgent: Some users in the UK are still experiencing constant installation errors: Hi there Microsoft, I am making this forum post as I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Xbox Series X which causes all my downloads to fail, since a few days ago I keep getting an error...
  3. Xbox One X - Constant crashing, freezing, elements not loading, installation stops etc -...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Constant crashing, freezing, elements not loading, installation stops etc -...: Hi Guys, Got an Xbox One X - Had it for about 2 years now - the device has suddenly started crashing in menus and restarting to the recovery screen - Installations will just stop and start and...
  4. Xbox Gamespass games won't launch - constantly ask for Gaming Services, even when installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamespass games won't launch - constantly ask for Gaming Services, even when installed: OK, from two days of googling and attempts to fix this I can see that a version of this issue has been a problem for a couple of years, so I'm not optimistic, but I'm out of answers. Whenever I...
  5. Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc: I recently restarted my PC to wipe unnecessary files from my pc as it was low on space and had nothing of value. Now when I go to install a game on the app, I get one of two codes "0x80070005",...
  6. Game install constantly stopping xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game install constantly stopping xbox one x: the game starts to install, i leave the room and it stops, i shouldnt have to constantly monitor and resume the installation process 05d6dfff-f21e-4226-b38b-10dd4502b01e
  7. Game Installation constantly stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installation constantly stopping: I just received a disc for a new game, and was ready to download the game. I currently have over 400 GB of space on my console, and yet when I inserted the disc for download, it took less than 2...
  8. Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???: submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  9. [Help] Shenmu 1 gets in constant loop of "Installation Stopped". Other XGP/Gold/Owned games...

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] Shenmu 1 gets in constant loop of "Installation Stopped". Other XGP/Gold/Owned games...: Title. I've tried everything, reported once a week. I even tried it when the system OS was the official stable version. Always with a constant "Installation Stopped." I cancel the install and try...
  10. Near Constant "Installation Stopped" When Installing Purchased Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Near Constant "Installation Stopped" When Installing Purchased Games: For the last few weeks it has been near impossible to download and correctly install games to my Xbox One X. Games that were already installed prior to the last few weeks all work perfectly, and...