Installation stopped on Xbox One X

Discus and support Installation stopped on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't download certain files. Let me explain: When I tried to start the downloads "Installation stoped" appears. This doesn't appears in every game.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Soy Farcandel, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. Installation stopped on Xbox One X

I can't download certain files. Let me explain:

When I tried to start the downloads "Installation stoped" appears. This doesn't appears in every game.

The first one I've noticed was The Division 2, just the main game, Warlords from New York could be downloaded. Another game is Gears 5, meanwhile the main game can be downloaded (and since his last update every part like multiplayer, main campaign and Hivebusters)
    the 10 mb patch of Hivebusters campaign cannot, so I can't play that DLC neither.

Another game is Doom Eternal. I've tried to download the game from Game Pass. A main file of 10 mb can be downloaded but the entire game cannot. I got the game disc so even I put the game inside just one time was enough to started properly full. Use the
    disc one unique time was enough for the console to star the download.

It's a mix of things I cannot explain.

I've tried hard reset the console (keeping all the games in the HDD). Doesn't works.

I've tried pushing the on/off button for 10 seconds. Doesn't works.

Even erase and install again a lot of times.

This is just a little list, I can install a lot of other games. Another games that i cannot install is Little Arc, Grim Fandango Remastered, Batman the Enemy Within from ep. 2.

Can be main HDD error? I'm the second owner of this console, so I bought with some use.

Before you ask: didn't tried downloading in a external HDD.

:)

Soy Farcandel, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:42 AM
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox One X - Installation Stopped

Hello StubbornRogue,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you require support or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you
    soon!

Thanks again
  3. StubbornRogue75 Win User

They're all GamePass games. His games are prolly digital
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is having issues downloading/installing games. Are these titles all digital downloads or are some of them disc games? What exactly happens when you try to install a game? Does
    it stop at a certain percentage, does it start downloading at all? Do you get any error codes or messages that we can go by?

Aside from that, have you attempted to download games while your console is connected to a different network? Another home network would be best for troubleshooting but a hotspot could work if its all you have.
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Soy Farcandel, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the installation issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going through
    the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  6. AngelRodriguez9 Win User

Xbox One X Installation stopped

I am having sort of the same issue, while the xbox is one the games download normally but as soon as I power off the console it stops the updates. instant-on is selected and keep my games & apps updated is selected. The game is being installed to the internal
    HDD.
Thema:

1. Installation stopped on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Installation stopped

2. Install stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install stopping: My daughters minecraft is not installing. Shes already unplugged it and hardrest. now it shows as "view installing" but nothing is installing on the xbox. when she was able to see it, it would...
  3. How do I stop seeing the person’s games I’m game sharing with in my ready to install?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I stop seeing the person’s games I’m game sharing with in my ready to install?: A friend had logged into his Xbox account on my Xbox at my house and once he was done playing on his account I removed his profile from my Xbox but I still have his games show up in my “owned...
  4. Xbox game disc and installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game disc and installation stopped: I am trying to install modern warfare and it is not working. Data pack 2 is not working. the game is on disc and I can only play warzone. The installation keeps stopping and it doesn’t appear in...
  5. Installation Stopped on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Installation Stopped on Series X: When i try download Apex legends on my series X the download goes to around 70% and then says installation stopped, if i try install again it still does not work, ive tried almost all the main...
  6. Xbox one X installation stopped Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X installation stopped Minecraft: Hi, have an XBOX One X. My son had a Minecraft installed and working for a year it then stopped working so he uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it from the library under owned games but it...
  7. Fort nite install stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fort nite install stopped: Trying to install fortnite and the installation stops at 3.21 GB every time. Tried fixes on other poats but cant get it to install any further. Showing 115 GB of free atorage so i dont think thats...
  8. Xbox one game updates stop installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one game updates stop installing: Hey, I've been having issues with my games updating or trying to install new games. It seems that I keep getting "update stopped" or "installation stopped" and it doesn't go any farther then 0%....
  9. My installations keep on stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My installations keep on stopping: whenever I try to download something my installations always keep on stopping. I have tried lots of things like restarting my xbox, power cycling my xbox, and even hard resetting it with the keep...
  10. Installation Stopped Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation Stopped Error: Hello was wondering if anyone would be able to give feedback on a problem that I am having. I was having a problem with the game "Minecraft" so i had decided I will un-install and re-install the...