'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store

Discus and support 'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox One and recently it has gained an issue wherein every-time I try to download a game from the store it will start installing and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oracle2468, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Oracle2468
    Oracle2468 Guest

Hi,

I have an Xbox One and recently it has gained an issue wherein every-time I try to download a game from the store it will start installing and even before it reaches 1%, it says 'installation stopped'.

I've found articles online and have followed all the advice given; power cycled my Xbox, deleted local saves, cleared the cache, changed the DNS and even fully reset my Xbox to factory settings, but nothing has resolved the problem.

My network connection is fine and it says I am connected to the store and to Xbox Live.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else there is to try?

Thanks

:)

Oracle2468, Nov 19, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  3. Oracle2468 Win User

I've just done that and still no change. I tried to download an update for a game I installed from a disc and it still came up with an immediate installation stopped.
  4. ncutt010 Win User

error code 0x87e00064 on NBA (Brand new game just got it out of the box)

Found a similar fix!!!

1) uninstall Blu-ray app

2) when you get the installation stopped error go to the game in the xbox store. A button should say "install" in the xbox store

3) remove your disc and immediately click the install button in the xbox store. This will download the game instead of installation it from the disc.

Takes much longer but worked for me.
  5. Cureless Mango Win User

Can install apps but not games

Hi, I'm using the internal hdd. I can download/install apps from Microsoft store (youtube, spotify etc) the problem is I cannot download online purchased games, installation process stops at 0%. The hdd is ok, I've installed Division 2 from disc with no
    issue but still can't play it because the update process stops at 0%...
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

HOW TO FIX ERROR CODE 0x87e00064

Hello TheMasterCanyon,

Thank you for posting your positive work-around for the installation problem. Hopefully, this will help others get things up and running again. I would also suggest players check out "The
    installation process stops at or near 0% when installing an Xbox One game from a disc
    " and "Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on Xbox One" .

support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-installation-process-stops

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/store/download-game-problem

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

1. 'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - 'Installation stopped' downloading

2. Far Cry 3 Classic - Installation Stopped at 0% downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry 3 Classic - Installation Stopped at 0% downloaded: So every game I own and Gamepass game can be installed digitally except Far Cry 3 Classic Edition. I know I'll get some copy-paste responses from the troubleshoot FAQ so let me just shoot them...
  3. Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download: Hi I have attempted to download this game multiple times now and it just will not download. I have successfully downloaded another game from the game pass with no issues. Error code: 0x800704c6...
  4. No Mans sky 'installation stopped' when trying to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Mans sky 'installation stopped' when trying to download: Hi there, I downloaded no mans sky last week from game pass. It downloaded fine. However when I went to launch over the weekend. On the launch screen of game after a few seconds, my xbox crashed...
  5. INSTALLATION STOPPED for every game I try to download from the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    INSTALLATION STOPPED for every game I try to download from the store: Hi, I have serious problems downloading every game, big or small install, that I try to get. Every game reach a certain percentage and then BOOM. STOP FOREVER. No way to recover them. I tried:...
  6. INSTALLATION STOPPED for Watchdogs 2 I try to download from the store with code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    INSTALLATION STOPPED for Watchdogs 2 I try to download from the store with code...: Hi, I have serious problems downloading Watchdogs 2, I try install, but the game reache a certain percentage (11,00% or 3,65 gb) and then stop. No way to recover them. I tried: - one download at...
  7. Digital downloads installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital downloads installation stopped: I can download/transfer apps to my new 2TB external hard drive, but all my games keep stopping. They say Installation stopped after just starting. I've tried rebooting, i've even done a factory...
  8. Game installation stopped and microsoft store and store experience host wont start downloading

in XboX Insiders
    Game installation stopped and microsoft store and store experience host wont start downloading: Hi, I am trying to download modern warfare from the store but the download keeps getting stuck at around 12%. I have cancelled and restarted multiple times and it keep getting stuck at roughly...
  9. Xbox Games still not downloading or updating (installation stopped error) help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Games still not downloading or updating (installation stopped error) help: I tried advice someone gave on this sub, to reset my console besides games and apps I did so, logged back in and set the Xbox back up, still nothing My “Microsoft store” app updated quickly and...
  10. Installation Stopped, Xbox One downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation Stopped, Xbox One downloads: I have seen several threads regarding the "installation stopped" message on Xbox One external hard drives . . . Is Microsoft close to resolving the issue? I have exhausted all of the...