Installation Stopped

Discus and support Installation Stopped in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I've purchased two items from Amazon: a 2 TB Firecuda Seagate hard drive and an Xpack Xbox One Media HUB Hard Drive Enclosure. Since Monday... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by M. 01s0n, Mar 22, 2020.

1. M. 01s0n
    M. 01s0n Guest

Installation Stopped

Recently I've purchased two items from Amazon: a 2 TB Firecuda Seagate hard drive and an Xpack Xbox One Media HUB Hard Drive Enclosure. Since Monday (March 16th, 2020) I've been spending all day trying to either a) install new games onto the external hard
    drive or b) moving all my games from the internal hard drive to the external one. On the first two days, I was only able to download Apex Legends and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag onto the external hard drive. Then on Wednesday (March 18th, 2020), everything
    just stopped installing/moving and anything that was queued would stop at a few megabytes and would not make anymore progres. I've attempted a lot of different solutions from simple things like uninstalling and reinstalling to more technical things like reformatting
    the hard drive on a PC prior to formatting on the Xbox itself. I even tried to transfer everything using a "male-to-male" USB cable between the enclosure and the console. While doing research I noticed a lot of peole are having this same issue with their external
    hard drives and that any form of an error code being given to them is a code that doesn't exist in the Xbox Support's database. So to reiterate everything I have done in order to fix this, I have

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game(s) I want to be stored onto my external hard drive, both directly into the external hard drive and indirectly via installing it onto my internal hard drive and moving it to my external.

2. Rebooted my Xbox (both soft and hard) several times, including a power cycle reboot

3. Formatted the external hard drive several times, including via my PC and Xbox console.

4. Utilized the Media HUB Enclosure's main feature of directly plugging it into the Xbox console and then it's "female-to-male" USB cable (directly plugging the enclosure to the Xbox resulted in an error message saying the connection is too weak, regardless
    that I shoved it into the designated USB port as hard as I could without breaking my Xbox).

5. Followed the Media HUB Enclosure's user manual to a tee. (This is an obvious no brainer, but even then my external hard drive was not working).

6. Attempted to transfer the data from my console to the hard drive enclosure with a third party transfer USB cable.

7. Cleared all my caches, persistent storage, and local saves.

*I have heard of attempting to perform a factory reset, but I only want to do that if I have absolutely no other choice.

I'm tired of seeing the "Installation Stopped" notification every time I'm trying to use my external hard drive and its enclosure. I just want to be able to play all the games I want without having to juggle my internal hard drive space because I don't want
    to have to uninstall a 100 gigabyte game and then wait several hours for it to finishing reinstalling (my average download speed is 25 mbps). So please, to any Microsoft/Xbox engineers reading this, help me and let me use my external hard drive.

:)

M. 01s0n, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Installation stopped!

Hey there Doctor Wissam.

Unfortunately because Iraq isn't currently a supported region you may run into this trouble. We're always looking to expand the Xbox Live service and if you'd like to provide feedback for your region head on over to
    Xbox.Uservoice.com.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

Installation stopped!

Hey there Maystroh.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Did you reach out to phone or chat support about your trouble? If they recommended to wait 24-hours lets give that a go. If you're still having trouble please create a new thread and let us know :)
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Installation stopped!

Thanks for that info!

First let's try powering down your Xbox One by holding down the power button for 10 seconds (or until the Xbox One powers off). Once it's shut off unplug your network hardware completely for 30 seconds and reconnect. Once your network has restarted power
    your Xbox One back on and try the download again.

Keep us in the loop with how it goes.
  5. Doctor Wissam Win User

Installation stopped!

download speed : 11.60 Mbps

upload speed : 2 Mbps

packet loss : 0%

MTU : 1460

latency :287 ms
  6. LEGENDARY70-925D76D4 Win User

Installation stopped?????????

"Installation stopped" check and make sure you are using an xbox game, make sure it is clean, etc"

^^^^^^^That is the error!!!^^^^^^^^^
Thema:

Installation Stopped

1. Installation Stopped - Similar Threads - Installation Stopped

2. Sea of Thieves installation with GamePass stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves installation with GamePass stops: Whenever i try to download Sea Of Thieves via Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One the installation stop after random time. TRying to go on with the installation makes it stopping again right after. I...
  3. Installation keeps on stopping for some digital games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation keeps on stopping for some digital games: I try installing gta 5 from game pass but it stops every time f6755ff5-6a2a-4064-963e-9b25512e36d7
  4. Sims 4 install keeps stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sims 4 install keeps stopping: I'm trying to install Sims 4 on my Xbox but the install keeps stopping. I've tried uninstalling, checking my connection, updates, and restarting. Nothing works! It always makes it to 90+% then...
  5. Installation stopped errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped errors: Hi all so paid for a game, went to download and it keeps stopping and simply states installation stopped. pretty much tried all suggestions from power cycle to literally wiping all content and...
  6. Can't Download Anything - Installation Stopped - Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Anything - Installation Stopped - Error: Everytime I go and try to download a game it will download just a couple of mb for a minute and then I get a message ' Installation Stopped. ' I have tried everything listed below with out any...
  7. "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive: I recently got a fantom drive for for my one x. When i i to transfer or download straight to the drive the "installation stopped" message pops up. I have tried every known way of reset, format,...
  8. Installation Stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation Stopped: Hello I've been having a awful time recently trying to install a game (Phantasy star online 2) it downloads for a small amount then goes to installation stopped error I've tried everything in the...
  9. "Installing Stopped" only xbox one digital games. Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installing Stopped" only xbox one digital games. Help?: I have done a factory reset. changed DNS. reset router. Called support, twice. All the go tos. I can install games from disc and update (online), I can download apps, I can download digital 360...
  10. Modern Warfare Installation Stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warfare Installation Stopped: I recently bought Modern Warfare because it was on sale and I wanted to play with friends. Trying to download it overnight didnt work, the installation stopped at 17.91 GB in(18.5%). So I...