Installation

Discus and support Installation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Do I have to install the COD Ghosts disk onto my Xbox One hard drive? It won't let me just play the CD. Keeps wanting me to install the game? Do you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by R1XTER, Apr 3, 2014.

1. R1XTER
    R1XTER Guest

Installation

Do I have to install the COD Ghosts disk onto my Xbox One hard drive? It won't let me just play the CD. Keeps wanting me to install the game? Do you have to do that with every game? If so 500gb will totally not be enough. WTF???

:)

R1XTER, Apr 3, 2014
  2. DUST2DEATH
    DUST2DEATH Guest
    installation queued/stopped

It seems the the installation continually changes from queued, to installation, and eventually installation stopped. Where you have to resume installation, only to have it fail again.

Whats the deal?

DUST2DEATH, Apr 3, 2014
  3. stefanorusso
    stefanorusso Guest
    Halo 3 ODST "installation stopped" at 100% for many people

nothing, 100% installation and nothing, installation stopped.... Installation :(

stefanorusso, Apr 3, 2014
  4. Nick Of Troy Win User

To install or not to install...

Installing now, 3 discs is a hassle, but I'd rather get them all out of the way now than do it as I need the disc!
  5. Viperman Win User

I Haven't even opened my RAGE yet, but the load times couldn't possibly be as bad as saving your game in Dragon's Dogma. Holy Cow! zzzZZzzz.
  6. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

I always install EVERY single game I play.

Its not a gimmick at all.

1. reduces wear and tear on 360

2. reduces chances of scratching disk

3. reduces heat

4. reduces noise

5. reduces some bugs in games

6. reduces load time in most games
  7. Spidey1976 Win User

Less wear & tear on the disc drive and less noise - I have the 250GB HDD and it has become my standard practice to install any game I play now... just delete it when done
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

No need to install all 3 discs at once. DL them as you go along and then delete them once you're done.
Thema:

Installation

1. Installation - Similar Threads - Installation

2. Games installed through Game Pass will not launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Games installed through Game Pass will not launch: I have been playing Wasteland 3 on Games Pass. Yesterday the game worked fine. My laptop updated its firmware this evening and no none of the games I installed will launch. When I say will not...
  3. Help...!! Sounds familiar, but this is weird. Game (fortnite) won't install or uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help...!! Sounds familiar, but this is weird. Game (fortnite) won't install or uninstall: Hi. I've read a lot of posts about installation stop problems and fixes and tried just about everything. Here's the issue... I used to play fortnite a lot, but uninstalled it. I'm wanting to...
  4. Xbox Won't Install or Uninstall Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Won't Install or Uninstall Games: Hi everyone. Earlier today i went to jump onto Battlefield 5 and it kept freezing on the loading screen. I thought this was the games problem to i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Went out...
  5. can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe: I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, system restore, System reset, updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, all to no avail. I can't get the 110 gig update to install. I've tried C:, D: with no...
  6. DTS:X not in drop down options with app installed

in XboX Insiders
    DTS:X not in drop down options with app installed: I have installed the current DTS app but when I change the audio to Bitstream and head down to select DTS X it isn't there. The free trial for headphones is working but I'm not get the home...
  7. Why won't my xbox one install Call of Duty: Black Ops 3?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox one install Call of Duty: Black Ops 3?: My Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Disc is not dirty but clean. It does not suffer any form of damage. My xbox one keep stop installing the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 after is start installed it for few...
  8. játék telepítési probléma[Translation-game installation problem]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    játék telepítési probléma[Translation-game installation problem]: Tisztelt Ügyfélszolgálat! Letöltöttem a Microsoft Storeból a World at Arms nevű játékot, de töltés után azt érzékeli, hogy nincs internet kapcsolat, majd a program crash-el. Pedig generál...
  9. Unable to install Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on son's xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on son's xbox: I have Game pass ultimate and have set my son's xbox as my home xbox to share the GP ultimate. When we go to install Gears 5 Ultimate it prompts us to sign up for game pass. It also does this for...
  10. Trying to install red dead 2 from a disc, and every few minutes, the installation stops.

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to install red dead 2 from a disc, and every few minutes, the installation stops.: Pretty much the title. The disc is clean, and the disc drives clear. Just annoying. I'm in the alpha ring. submitted by /u/its1amimtired [link] [comments]