Installed games appearing as "Ready To Install"

Discus and support Installed games appearing as "Ready To Install" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have four XB1 games which are installed but which keep appearing on my Ready To Install list. Three are Games With Gold (Fable Heroes (360), Star... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DanniDonald, Feb 21, 2020.

1. DanniDonald
    DanniDonald Guest

I have four XB1 games which are installed but which keep appearing on my Ready To Install list. Three are Games With Gold (Fable Heroes (360), Star Wars Battlefront (XBox) and Isle of Man TT), and the other is Please Don't Touch Anything, which I have recently
    purchased.

All four games have been installed and play correctly, as they are already installed on my external HD along with all my other games that appear in the Installed section. Going to "install" these games puts them back in the right place- it is as though the
    Xbox isn't finding them until I ask it to, then going "oh, there it is".

Then, when I come to boot the XBox again, they're back on the Ready To Install list. There's no update or anything like that, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that made any difference. I have also tried power cycling, disconnecting
    the power lead etc.

How can I get these games to stay where they're supposed to, in the Installed section?

:)

DanniDonald, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Try doing a power cycle by pressing and holding the power button till fully off then wait 60 seconds and power up again. This has been seen at times in the Xbox Insider Preview program.
  3. Stormhawk1 Win User

This issue may be caused from your xbox failing to detect your games on your external hd until you access them. Try unplugging your ehd from your console and then power your system on then reconnect your ehd.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Game not appearing in ready to install?

This happens to me from time to time as well. A game just won't show up in my Ready to Install, even though I own it and it should. What I do is I just manually search for the game in the Store, and when you pull it up, it will say Install there. I just
    install it from there.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game not appearing in ready to install?

To add a couple things to what Geth said.

When you try and start a game the system will look for the license for the game there are a few ways to get a license for the game.

1. Physical disc- The disc HAS to be in the system in order to play the game and any account on the console can play the game as long as the disc is in the disc drive.

2. Digitally- This can be done 2 different ways.

A. Be signed in with the account that purchased the game No matter what console the account is signed into it will be able to play the game.

B. If an account that owns the game has the console set as its home console then ANY other profile on that console can play the game.

Now there is also a few different ways for an account that once had a digital license to lose the digital license for a game.

1. The purchase was refunded for one reason or another.

You can check the status of an order by signing into your account at account.microsoft.com and going to your order history.

2. If it was a Xbox One Games With Gold then you do have to maintain the Gold subscription in order to maintain the license for the game.

You can check the status of your Gold subscription by going to account.microsoft.com/services

3. If the account that purchased the game no longer has the console set as its home console and you are trying to play the game on an account that did not purchase it digitally.

You can check whether the account has the console set as its home console by signing into the account and going into settings and under the personalization tab going to Home Xbox and it will tell you whether or not that console is the currently signed
    in profiles home console or not.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

games not appearing in ready to install

Hi

SJR420: Double check your Xbox 360 download history
    live.xbox.com/.../History
    , just to make sure the games are there, if not you may have got the games using a different account.

Shutrbug: Geometry War: Retro Evolved 2 is not on the Backwards Compatible list yet, double check the website to make sure your games are there
    www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility
Thema:

1. Installed games appearing as "Ready To Install" - Similar Threads - Installed games appearing

2. I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears: I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears: 0x80070057 before it worked perfectly now almost all games appear this, I bought several months of game pass and several...
  3. Gears 5 game installation stops on 15% and error appears on XBOX LIVE for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 game installation stops on 15% and error appears on XBOX LIVE for PC: hello community I'm having a problem trying to install the GEARS 5 game on my XBOX live windows 10 app. I am a subscriber to XBOX GAME PASS, and every time I try to install / download the game...
  4. External HDDs not appearing in lastest build, games that were installed on them unusable

in XboX Insiders
    External HDDs not appearing in lastest build, games that were installed on them unusable: With the lastest build, I am running into an issue where my 2 external harddrives are not appearing as available in my storage and the games that are installed on those drives are currently not...
  5. Sometimes some games that I have installed glitch and appear in my Ready to Install even...

in XboX Insiders
    Sometimes some games that I have installed glitch and appear in my Ready to Install even...: Title. It doesn't do it all the time but sometimes it does it on startup with my OG Xbox One. My first question it do this for anyone else and should I be worried about my Hard Drive? I have a 2TB...
  6. Some of my installed games will appear in my ready to install tab

in XboX Insiders
    Some of my installed games will appear in my ready to install tab: Has been happening for quite a few months now and I do have a Samsung T5 500GB SSD attached too. Not all the games on the SSD appear in the ready to install tab. I did report the issue via my...
  7. Installed games not showing when offline. Putting a physical game disk in the drive appears...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing when offline. Putting a physical game disk in the drive appears...: [IMG] submitted by /u/gbdasbutch [link] [comments]
  8. Game appears installed when it's not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game appears installed when it's not.: I installed subnautica. Had fun then had to make room for other newer games. After uninstalling it it still appears on my installed games screen. I uninstalled it again and it went away. I tuned...
  9. xbox one games keep failing to open and games keep appearing in ready to install

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one games keep failing to open and games keep appearing in ready to install: all the games on my console keep failing to open and they started randomly appearing in the ready to install section might there be a problem with the profile or network all the games on my segate...
  10. Installed games appearing on Ready to install list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed games appearing on Ready to install list: Every time I buy/redeem a game I download it. 2 days ago I noticed several installed games disappeared from Installed tab and appeared on Ready to install. Those games are: - Apex Legends (37.99...