Installed games magically disappear from Xbox app on Windows 10

Discus and support Installed games magically disappear from Xbox app on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Through Game Pass, I downloaded Doom Eternal onto my computer through the Xbox app. Recently, I changed my boot drive to an SSD, which changed all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RedSandwich, Feb 7, 2021.

1. RedSandwich
    RedSandwich Guest

Through Game Pass, I downloaded Doom Eternal onto my computer through the Xbox app. Recently, I changed my boot drive to an SSD, which changed all my directories around. I expected that Xbox would no longer detect any of the games I had previously installed, as did Steam, but when I went to install it again on the same drive in the same exact location, it did not find any of the files.

So, I decided to just install it again and let it install for a few hours. I shut down my computer instead of letting it install overnight, resumed the install in the morning with no problems, then once it was finished I restarted my computer to install an update. Despite it being finished and no longer installing anything, it disappeared again. Upon an attempt at a third installation, it seemed to find the previous files and looked to be almost done before it encountered an error. I could not tell you the error it gave me, as I tried cancelling the installation and reinstalling it AGAIN.

The worst part about all of this is that, using a software called WizTree that lets me see the contents of individual disk drives, I can see two massive files, both 56.1 GB (the exact size listed for Doom Eternal) sitting on the drive I'm trying to install it on.

:)

RedSandwich, Feb 7, 2021
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

No puedo jugar ningun juego de gamepass[Translation-I can't play any gamepass games]

3. XBF Leo G Win User

Can't install Halo Wars 2

Hello TDOG453,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App, Xbox Console Companion App or the Windows Store App? We have seen some cases where installing the game from the Windows Store App will resolve the issue.
    Go ahead and cancel the installation and begin installing it from the Windows Store App. You can try initiating the installation from the other two applications as well if the Windows Store App does not work.

We noticed that you mentioned trying out several different solutions. We have a support article on our website for

troubleshooting game installations on Windows 10
    . Did any of these solutions help resolve the issue? Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Microsoft Mahjong: connection impossible

5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Gears Tactics not Downloading on PC Game Pass

Let's try one of the solutions from the Xbox Support website

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Can the Windows Store verify an existing installation of game(s) downloaded previously or from files from another computer? Similar to Steam et al

Hi there Nor,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, you will need to click the install to download any digital content for PC.

If you have a Windows 10 device, you can now use the Xbox app to connect to the Xbox Live service.

If you’re having problems installing the Games for Windows Live app, or connecting to the Xbox Live service, see

Troubleshoot Games for Windows Live connection problems

For other gaming options, see:

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Installed games magically disappear from Xbox app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installed games magically

2. Can't play or install any games on the Xbox PC app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play or install any games on the Xbox PC app.: Hi, I am unable to use the Xbox game at all basically. It has been working fine for the past few weeks, but now I can't launch any pre-existing games and I can't install any news games. This is...
  3. Game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install: So this week Gears 5 is free with Xbox Live Gold, which I have, and I tried downloading it but it doesn't work and it continues to say "installation stopped" is there anyone who can help with...
  4. Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one: Today i got a Forza Horizon 1 disk from gamestop; preowned, no scratches or anything, i go to put it in and it doesn’t give me an installation prompt. It also sounds a bit differently compared to...
  5. (Offline)Game will not install. Stops at 1.99GB. (Online) Game downloads, but crashes 5...

in XboX Insiders
    (Offline)Game will not install. Stops at 1.99GB. (Online) Game downloads, but crashes 5...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Whetz47 [link] [comments]
  6. Can’t install games on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t install games on my laptop: I can’t install games on my new gaming laptop from the xbox app. I have gamepass ultimate, I logged into my xbox account, I tried to installed games from the xbox app that my laptop should be able...
  7. Console reinstalling game that’s already installed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console reinstalling game that’s already installed?: I was trying to play call of duty and it wouldnt let me sign into their online servers. Then it said somthing about an update. I went to my queue and now its making me reinstall all 104GB.... are...
  8. I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...: [img] it says buy game even though I should just be able to download it. 4226fdfb-47e2-438c-8246-3887d9834b19
  9. [Help] I can't install Xbox Game Bar Error 0x80073D05

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] I can't install Xbox Game Bar Error 0x80073D05: I had this issue for some months now. I searched support through reddit, Microsoft and just did not find any solution. The app is downloaded and once it reaches something like 90% of...
  10. Might and magic clash of heros. Not on the ready to install section of the my games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Might and magic clash of heros. Not on the ready to install section of the my games and apps: I downloaded clash of heros awhile ago while it was free with the games with gold. I see its on the compatibility list but i am unable to download it. Its stateing i do not own this game. I tryed...