Installing a game and it stops installing

Discus and support Installing a game and it stops installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i have a xbox one S, first time owner. I tried to install a cars game today and it stopped at 40% i uninstalled it and re started the console and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by meganRussell1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Installing a game and it stops installing

Hi, i have a xbox one S, first time owner. I tried to install a cars game today and it stopped at 40% i uninstalled it and re started the console and reinstalled the game and it stopped again at 40% so i went online and did the same thing again and it
    stopped at 40% i then hot spotted my phone as our internet is a bit slow and did the same again and still 40% can someone tell me why? Is it the game playing up? Or the console?

:)

meganRussell1, Jul 9, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Installation stopped when installing game

Try doing a hard reset again by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off then unplug the power brick from the console and the outlet. while it's unplugged press the power button on the front of the console a few times to drain
    the remaining power from the console wait a couple minutes then unplug everything back in and power back on then try the game again.
Thema:

1. Installing a game and it stops installing - Similar Threads - Installing game stops

2. Stopped Download Queue vanishes; says Game is installed even though it is not

in XboX Insiders
    Stopped Download Queue vanishes; says Game is installed even though it is not: I'm in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring and recently encountered an issue where downloads vanish from my queue in My games & apps. It happens when I play a game or restart my console. It says the game or...
  3. 'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store: Hi, I have an Xbox One and recently it has gained an issue wherein every-time I try to download a game from the store it will start installing and even before it reaches 1%, it says 'installation...
  4. Moving game to external HDD - Installation Stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving game to external HDD - Installation Stopped: Hi Guys, So I'm having the installation stopped error when moving games from the internal hard drive to an external HDD. The hard drive is 1TB and is USB 3.0 (here's the product -...
  5. Outerworlds game pass install stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outerworlds game pass install stopping: Is anybody else getting this issue and been able to remedy it? I had it installed played for a good 4 hours last night then when i went to play this morning Xbox tells me "the game must be fully...
  6. [Help] Shenmu 1 gets in constant loop of "Installation Stopped". Other XGP/Gold/Owned games...

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] Shenmu 1 gets in constant loop of "Installation Stopped". Other XGP/Gold/Owned games...: Title. I've tried everything, reported once a week. I even tried it when the system OS was the official stable version. Always with a constant "Installation Stopped." I cancel the install and try...
  7. Online Game won’t install and update and keeps saying “Installation Stopped”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online Game won’t install and update and keeps saying “Installation Stopped”: As of today I have not been able to play most of my games for they need to be updated but whenever trying to update it says installation stooped after like 10 seconds. I have tried literally...
  8. installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start: I tried to start FIFA 20 today and had to do an update. When I tried to start the update, it instantly said ‘Installation stopped’ and would continually refused to start. Since then uninstalled...
  9. Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped": Hi Guys, A few weeks ago now i bought Assassins Creed IV Black Flag for my Xbox One from the online store. It started downloading straightaway but a few Gb's in it came up with "Installation...
  10. Downloading Digital Game Installation all ways stopping at 3.2% please help ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading Digital Game Installation all ways stopping at 3.2% please help ...: Downloading dishonoured 2 digitally from the store says installation stops always at 3.2% I have hard reset i have cleared cache cleared saves wiped everything internet trouble shooting...