Installing a game and it stops installing

Discus and support Installing a game and it stops installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i have a xbox one S, first time owner. I tried to install a cars game today and it stopped at 40% i uninstalled it and re started the console and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by meganRussell1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Installing a game and it stops installing

Hi, i have a xbox one S, first time owner. I tried to install a cars game today and it stopped at 40% i uninstalled it and re started the console and reinstalled the game and it stopped again at 40% so i went online and did the same thing again and it
    stopped at 40% i then hot spotted my phone as our internet is a bit slow and did the same again and still 40% can someone tell me why? Is it the game playing up? Or the console?

:)

meganRussell1, Jul 9, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Installation stopped when installing game

Try doing a hard reset again by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off then unplug the power brick from the console and the outlet. while it's unplugged press the power button on the front of the console a few times to drain
    the remaining power from the console wait a couple minutes then unplug everything back in and power back on then try the game again.
Thema:

1. Installing a game and it stops installing - Similar Threads - Installing game stops

2. stopped installation of games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    stopped installation of games: n the last update of the Xbox one S had to re-manufacture the same because I had update problems ,,, I had to remove everything .. in theory the console was well updated when reinstalling the...
  3. Xbox Game Stops Installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Stops Installing: Hey I've been having this problem for a few days and whenever I attempt to install an Xbox game I recently purchased it always stops installing at 84.2%. I've tried almost everything that I've...
  4. New Xbox Game Stops Installing at 84.2% everytime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Game Stops Installing at 84.2% everytime: Hey all, I've recently purchased Assassins Creed Odyssey but whenever I attempt to install it it stops installing at 84.2%. I've tried countless things and contacted someone from Microsoft who...
  5. Near Constant "Installation Stopped" When Installing Purchased Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Near Constant "Installation Stopped" When Installing Purchased Games: For the last few weeks it has been near impossible to download and correctly install games to my Xbox One X. Games that were already installed prior to the last few weeks all work perfectly, and...
  6. Xbox one stops downloading and won’t install the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one stops downloading and won’t install the games: Hello, i have a problem that i would like some help. i bought 2 games on the xbox one store, and after a while, it stops donwloading the game. i have to turn the xbox completly off and then on,...
  7. Digital game installation stopped error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game installation stopped error: I recently bought Rainbow Six Siege digitally and when the installation gets to 0.8% it just stops. I’ve tried everything except factory resetting it, which I’m not doing, is there anything I can...
  8. Instalación detenida en juegos y aplicaciones[Installation stopped in games and applications]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Instalación detenida en juegos y aplicaciones[Installation stopped in games and applications]: Me voy a mis juegos y aplicaciones E instalo youtube, netflix y otras aplicaciones, pero en cuanto las pongo a instalar me aparece “instalacion detenida”, lo pongo a instalar de nuevo y otravez me...
  9. My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped: my xbox has been like this for weeks i cant find the solution cc7cef2f-cd85-449e-af9a-f10e4504f6ec
  10. Apps are not downloading - Installation Stopped - Games work fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps are not downloading - Installation Stopped - Games work fine: Unforuntely I am still having problems downloading any apps. Did a full wipe and reset (luckily had all games on external HDD). AS of this morning the Xbox won't install any apps, they go in the...