Installing a game in a language different from the System language

Discus and support Installing a game in a language different from the System language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, The fact that we cannot choose which language to install a game is a tremedous oversight by Microsoft. I live in a biligual household. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alaricho, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Alaricho
    Alaricho Guest

Hello all,

The fact that we cannot choose which language to install a game is a tremedous oversight by Microsoft.

I live in a biligual household. I also have children in the house.

I do not want to have to change the entire system's language so I can have some of the games in our native language, and then have to suffer through some terrible dubbings of other games. I am sure I am not the only example of such a situation.

Also, the fact that on Windows the same situation exists is puzzling, where we have other game launchers and applications that allow us to choose the installation language.

Are there any plans to implement such a feature? Surely this is not a difficult QoL improvement.

:)

Alaricho, Sep 19, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Change language from XBOX (Beta) Game

...the game has to have the option INSIDE the game, isnt it?
    There are multiple factors that might or might not allow you to change a language.

First of all: The game has to have the specific language installed. Depending on the game, some games ONLY have one language built in (even if it's available in different languages around the world). If that is such a game, there is nothing you can do.

If the game DOES HAVE the different languages (and English is usually always present, if it's a multi-language installation), then it depends on how the game chooses the language.

Most modern games (and games that come from consoles) try to detect the language from the settings of the Operating System.

So if you run your Windows 10 in Spanish, the game will automatically be in Spanish.

Some games do have settings to override that automatic setting, but not all games do have that option. If the game does not have the option to change it, and you are SURE that the game has the English language pack installed, then you need to change the
    language of your Operating System.
  3. Nick Hern Win User

Xbox 360 games language selection is different from Xbox One...

If you need multiple languages it is possible that one allows for only one language install while the other system may require ALL languages to be installed instead of pick and choose languages. This could be why the large size difference.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Doom 3 BFG Edition (Spanish)

Hey Dabljuster -

Yes, a backwards compatible game installed via disc may have different language options than that found on the disc copy of the game. Despite the language of the disc, the language options available are determined according to your region as well as the
    languages the game supports (this will vary from game to game.).

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)
  5. RedCarGamer Win User

How do i change the language in sea of theives

Like was said above, the last games from xbox game studios titles usually dont have a language change. Depends always what language was your system when you installed the game, this is a function based from xbox one.
  6. VvuluvV Win User

Change game language in Xbox App for Windows 10

Hi Vallasin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is change the global system language. You can always go to
    Xbox ideas and post an idea for a different way to select languages.

Thanks,

Brad
    Hi Brad,

When you say "global system language", that's the OS language/region settings ? So as long as Windows 10 is in english, Xbox app will be in english and all the games installed will be in english ? Is that correct ?

I have the same question as Vallasin. My system is in english, I haven't installed the Xbox app yet.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Installing a game in a language different from the System language - Similar Threads - Installing game language

2. Gaming computer with windows 11 pre-installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming computer with windows 11 pre-installed.: I bought a new computer (gaming computer) to use with my Oculus Quest 2. The computer came with windows 11. Apparently, windows 11 is not good for gaming and not compatible with Oculus. Oculus...
  3. Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games: So I've been struggling with this for a few months and nothing I've tried has worked I will start an install for a game (for example: Deathloop) It will begin installing After <1 GB has...
  4. Cannot Install Games on Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install Games on Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello Everyone. I am trying to install games on xbox game pass for pc but I get an error message (0x80070005). It happens to every game I try install and I cant find any fixes online. I have...
  5. Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...: I have a dual-boot computer, I mostly use Linux and I was not gaming lately. Last Saturday (Sept 17th), I logged in Windows and tried to play Halo Infinitive and I would not launch. I then ran all...
  6. Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?: Hi, Problem: games from Game Pass install by default in German language. I need to have them in English. I am subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. My Windows 10 display language settings is...
  7. the games are installing in a diffrent language from the store how do i fix please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the games are installing in a diffrent language from the store how do i fix please: how do I change the language in the games they are installing other than english 62b8f5f0-655d-4807-9864-d72d038e46a3
  8. Option to install game-pass games on PC in specific (chosable) language

in XBoX on Windows
    Option to install game-pass games on PC in specific (chosable) language: I can't find any option to specify in which language games are installed. It seems to use windows 10 system settings, which is totally **** as original (=english) language most of the time is...
  9. Is there any way that users can install language pack into xbox gamepass PC games that no...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there any way that users can install language pack into xbox gamepass PC games that no...: Hi, Everyone. Hope you all are doing well under the current covid situation. I have started to play Alien: Isolation through gamepass PC. I love it but since English is not my first language,...
  10. Games installed in a language I don't speak

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games installed in a language I don't speak: Hi all, Hope you can help. Below copy and paste of chat with Microsoft Support but chat was disrupted "at some stage". :( i have this strange problem. i bought a lot of games recently but two...