Installing A Game That Is Owned Onto PC

Discus and support Installing A Game That Is Owned Onto PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own a copy of Minecraft on my Xbox, and when I try to install it on my PC, it says that I own it, but won't let me install it. Why does this happen,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaringStone07, May 16, 2019.

1. Installing A Game That Is Owned Onto PC

I own a copy of Minecraft on my Xbox, and when I try to install it on my PC, it says that I own it, but won't let me install it. Why does this happen, or is it part of Microsoft policy?

:)

DaringStone07, May 16, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need to purchase Minecraft for Windows 10 in order to play the game on the PC. They are considered different.

Some games can be purchased digitally on the either the One or PC and be played on both for free, but not all games work that way. The games that do are Play Anywhere titles and you can find a list of those here.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately it is not one of the Play Anywhere games so you have to buy it for windows and Xbox separately. Or you can get Xbox Game Pass which has Minecraft and a lot more.
    Game Pass wouldn't help in that situation since Minecraft is not Play Anywhere. It would still only work for the console.
  4. InoportunoG Win User

You have to buy a copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 because it doesn't be part of Play Anywhere
  5. KillaKhaos1107 Win User

Unfortunately it is not one of the Play Anywhere games so you have to buy it for windows and Xbox separately. Or you can get Xbox Game Pass which has Minecraft and a lot more.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox Play Anywhere

If you own the game digitally, sign onto your Windows 10 PC using the exact same Microsoft account you use on Xbox One. The game should appear in your Game Library, or appear in the Windows Store with the "Install" tile.

If you own the game on disc, that is just for Xbox One and is not Play Anywhere-compatible.
Thema:

1. Installing A Game That Is Owned Onto PC - Similar Threads - Installing Game Owned

2. Game that I already own will not install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game that I already own will not install: Fortnite would not update, so we uninstalled hoping to reinstall. Now it says I own the game but it won't install. When we select 'install' it simply does nothing...
  3. Game Pass Ultimate - Not "owned" games on Ready to install list on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate - Not "owned" games on Ready to install list on Xbox: I've subscribed to Game Pass in November 2018. None of Game Pass games ever appeared on Ready to install list - I had to install them from a dedicated tab. Last week I switched to Game Pass...
  4. Redemeed and Installed Ace Combat 6 - Do you own this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemeed and Installed Ace Combat 6 - Do you own this game or app?: Hi, I'm reposting this as it seems this needs to be another topic entirely from the 'other' issues with Ace Combat 6. Here goes: I pre-ordered Ace Combat 7 Deluxe Edition and got my download...
  5. Game ive owned for 2 years wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game ive owned for 2 years wont install: ok so ive owned black ops 3 since the day it came out. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled this game multiple times to make room for other games. Now today it refuses to install. Im at 4% and that...
  6. Destiny Installed On Xbox One - Not Recognized As Installed Or Own Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny Installed On Xbox One - Not Recognized As Installed Or Own Game: I inserted my owned Destiny Owned disc into the Xbox One. It told me that if I owned the game, to please insert the disc. I have owned the game since day one announcement. I have played it many...
  7. games wont load, says I dont own any game i try to install,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games wont load, says I dont own any game i try to install,: About 2 weeks ago suddenly my son's games wont load. It states that I dont own the games, but we have the disks , we have had to order the online version in order to play, basically buying the...
  8. Games saying that I do not own them and no longer showing up in ready to install after ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games saying that I do not own them and no longer showing up in ready to install after ...: Games that have been purchased say that I do now own them and to insert disc. When they are uninstalled they no longer appear in ready to install. b2be793a-6eeb-471d-9a24-1d48f8223859
  9. Unable to install a digitally owned game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install a digitally owned game: Hi I'm trying to install Need for Speed with EA Access but every time i click install a instantly get a message saying 'Try Again Later - Something Happened at our End' If i go to the game store...
  10. Why can't I install the games I own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install the games I own?: I own the games Mortal Kombat XL and NBA 2k16 and I've been playing those for centuries. I just reset my console to factory defaults and now I can't reinstall the games. It's asking me to purchase...