Installing a game

Discus and support Installing a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to install the game cod WW2 and my installation keeps pausing no matter how many times I unpause and restart the installation it will not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Logan_282, May 30, 2022.

1. Logan_282
    Logan_282 Guest

Installing a game

So I'm trying to install the game cod WW2 and my installation keeps pausing no matter how many times I unpause and restart the installation it will not install

:)

Logan_282, May 30, 2022
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Installing a game

1. Installing a game - Similar Threads - Installing game

2. problem when installing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem when installing games: Hello, I have been having a problem for almost 2 months. It is impossible for me to install certain applications from the Game Pass, such as Forza Horizon 5 or Minecraft. However, I can install...
  3. Need Help! Games aren't installing on my pc thru xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Help! Games aren't installing on my pc thru xbox game pass: Currently have been receiving the error code: 0x800700e9 Tried the many fixes on the web but none worked. Any suggestions? Else I'll just unsubscribe from game pass....
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator will not fully install from Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator will not fully install from Xbox Game Pass: Having tried repetitively for the past few months, I have still found myself unable to download and play Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Xbox Store. I have a valid game pass ultimate...
  5. Cant install games on xbox pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install games on xbox pc: Been trying to install games on the xbox app on pc, but every time I press install the install location screen flashes on and off then just disappears and the game is never installed. Any help...
  6. All new games installed on Xbox App for Windows (PC Gamepass) don't launch. Previously...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All new games installed on Xbox App for Windows (PC Gamepass) don't launch. Previously...: I installed Sniper Elite 5, when I launch it, it opens /Windows/System32 in file explorer. I installed Spacelines from the Far Out, when I launch it, nothing happens. All my previously installed...
  7. Xbox PC app installed games not always showing after launch of app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app installed games not always showing after launch of app: Windows 11 Pro, fresh install, fresh everything. When my PC starts and the app launches, sometimes I have to close and relaunch the app multiple times before most of the games will show up that...
  8. Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard...: Game is Control. I thought I was reinstalling the game only, and now my save file is half as big as it should be and New Game is the only option in the game menu. I'm not stupid when it comes to...
  9. cant re-install gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    cant re-install gaming services: so yesterday i got 2 months of xbox gamepass ultimate but when i got home from school today, i couldnt launch any of the gamepass games i had installed, so i saw something saying i need to...
  10. Xbox on Windows keeps dropping games installed on Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox on Windows keeps dropping games installed on Hard Drives: Every once in a while, when I start up Xbox Games all of my installed games are missing and the App won't recognize my Hard Drives. I have to go through this Powershell Process to uninstall Gaming...