Installing Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Installing Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having trouble installing Forza Horizon 5. This same issue has happened with other games but mostly with Horizon 5. I have had the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RazrCrossfire, May 9, 2022.

1. Installing Forza Horizon 5

I've been having trouble installing Forza Horizon 5. This same issue has happened with other games but mostly with Horizon 5. I have had the game installed in the past with no problem of installing but I recently deleted it and am trying to reinstall it again. After I start the download, it gets to about 1% done before giving me an error message stating that I cannot change my default install location while the folder is in use. I assume that it is an issue with my WindowsApps folder considering that I have past games downloaded on it from the Xbox app on PC. I've been searching on the internet for an answer for a while and have yet to find one. I've tried multiple times to switch my default install location of Xbox games to my windowsapps folder but when I try to select that folder a message pops up stating that I can't set my default install location to that folder and that I have to select another one, even though I have other xbox games within that folder. This folder is located on my D drive, which is mainly my default drive for most games including the other xbox app games that I have installed on my computer. It seems that I cannot install xbox games through the xbox app on my computer to another folder in a drive and that it has to be installed in my windowsapp folder. However, like I stated before, I cannot set that folder in my D drive as an install location. If there is anything I can do to fix this, please let me know.

:)

RazrCrossfire, May 9, 2022
  2. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  3. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
  4. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Download Failure

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  5. meeexeee Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 is a perfect black screen simulator

I also forgot to mention, Forza Horizon 5 works just fine, and it is installed on drive C: but Forza Motorsport 7 has the problem and it is installed on drive D: (to save space on C:)
  6. Francia J. Win User

A problem with forza horizon 5

Some items included on the Premium Edition include installation and some don't such as the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass and Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership which should be available inside of your game immediately.

In this case, simply quit the game then restart your device to re-sync the game data.
Thema:

Installing Forza Horizon 5

1. Installing Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Installing Forza Horizon

2. Not able to install Forza Horizon 4

in XboX Insiders
    Not able to install Forza Horizon 4: So i tried to install FH4 from the xbox app, it downloaded upto like 25GB then suddenly stopped and i got the 0x8024001e error. I cancelled the downloaded and started again, till 25GB it read the...
  3. Installing forza horizon 5 issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing forza horizon 5 issues.: I uninstalled the game due to some crashes and I wanted to re-install it and hopefully fix the issue. I uninstalled the game and when I tried to install it, it says that I cannot set my default...
  4. I am unable to install Forza Horizon 5 or Hitman 3 from Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install Forza Horizon 5 or Hitman 3 from Xbox: I own the games on Microsoft store. In the microsoft store,it shows me the only option to install is "Install from Xbox app". Clicking the option opens up the xbox app and when I click the...
  5. Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 - Error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 - Error code 0x87e00196: Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 - Error code 0x87e00196 Uppon clicking on the install button, the game enters the intallation queu, but stops immedietly, with the error code: 0x87e00196 Platform:...
  6. I can't install Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11: Hi. I'm facing this issue since I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I can't download Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition from Microsoft Store, or even Xbox App. It says "Forza Horizon 4 had an...
  7. Solution to my old post about Forza Horizon 4 not installing in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solution to my old post about Forza Horizon 4 not installing in Xbox app: The original post was locked so I was not able to reply with the solution that I just found today so I decided to make a new post about it just in case someone has the same problem. So the steps I...
  8. PC Forza Horizon 5 installation deletes on start-up

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Forza Horizon 5 installation deletes on start-up: So, I've had a problem with FH5 for a good while now, and it's taken me a lot of digging to find when and what issue is actually the problem. If I load the XBOX app, the game is there ready to...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 won't install on my pc? no refund!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't install on my pc? no refund!?: Hi, I am a windows 10 pc user with the latest windows 10 update on a full wipe reset and install. I had preordered the premium version of forza horizon 5 and after my reset, I had Forza Horizon 5...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 WON'T install to Disk D (Internal HDD)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 WON'T install to Disk D (Internal HDD): I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app, however it doesn't give me the option to install this particular (and some other) games onto my internal HDD (disk D). It will,...