Installing game to hard drive while in the middle of it

Discus and support Installing game to hard drive while in the middle of it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing a game for a long time now and I am probably in the middle of it and I started to get worried that i would drop it or something... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GreedyTooth, Oct 26, 2015.

1. GreedyTooth
    GreedyTooth Guest

I have been playing a game for a long time now and I am probably in the middle of it and I started to get worried that i would drop it or something because it is a old game. So I wanted to download it but I wanted to make sure if I download it, it
    would still keep my progress in the game

:)

GreedyTooth, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Roasted Pig7
    Roasted Pig7 Guest
    Xbox hard drive

My xbox cut out while I was in the middle of a game then it wiped my hard drive

Roasted Pig7, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    Can not install Fallout 3 on GFWL client. Error Code 800763EC

Hey mhart! Have you tried downloading the game to your hard drive while signed out of your account? Try installing while signed out - press the guide button, X to sign out, install again. You can also try installing to a USB flash drive to see if that is
    successful!

Miss Kleo, Oct 26, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

You don't need to worry about that. The save is linked to your gamertag no matter whether you are playing off the disc or a download.

onyxishere, Oct 26, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

You don't need to worry about that. The save is linked to your gamertag no matter whether you are playing off the disc or a download.
  6. RemoTheTurk Win User

Momentary freezing?

Even while the game is fully installed to the hard drive? (are you talking of the Game disc Lag or the Hard Disc Drive Lag?)

I thought it was due to the games so I installed it to the HDD and still the same result. lol
  7. GoodBeard1980 Win User

E68 while hard drive is installed

Hi, I'm getting E68, got an original Xbox 360 (white). The console starts working after I unplug all leads and place it flat on the ground, but I've had this 2 days running now. Any idea of what usually is wrong in this situation and how much a repair typically
    costs? Just wondering if I need to get a new console?
  8. WPAK Win User

E68 while hard drive is installed

Hi there,

if the E68 error only shows when the hard drive is attached, I'm afraid the hard drive itself is causing the problem, which would also mean that all on the hard drive that can't be redownloaded is lost.

The only thing you can try is see what happens when you attach the hard drive to another console, but there is a big change the results are the same.

There are no tools or support steps to retrieve the items on the hard drive

You can request a replacement hard drive via
    http://myservice.xbox.com
  9. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Black Ops disc keeps breaking

Install the game to your Hard Drive and take care while removing the game from the case to the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Installing game to hard drive while in the middle of it - Similar Threads - Installing game hard

2. Installation stopped on hard copy game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped on hard copy game: Hi! Just got a Series X today and I have an external hard drive with all the games from my Xbox One console already downloaded onto it. Plugged it and everything seemed fine but I tried to put in...
  3. Xbox PC app doesn't allow me to install games on external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app doesn't allow me to install games on external hard drive: My Xbox app for windows is no longer giving me the option to install games onto my external hard drive. It was allowing me to do so until now. Weirdly, it does recognise the external hard drive...
  4. Xbox Series X games installed to external SSD expansion card causing console to hard crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X games installed to external SSD expansion card causing console to hard crash: Odd issue: About every 30 minutes into a game installed on my external SSD expansion card, my console completely hard crashes. Totally turns off, power button light flickers. I have tried the...
  5. Error code 0x00000001 when trying to install and game on any hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x00000001 when trying to install and game on any hard drive: Recently got the game pass for my PC. When launching the Xbox app it shows a notification at the top about now being able to install games and states the error code as mentioned. I have tried the...
  6. Xbox won't find my games that I have installed on my external hard drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won't find my games that I have installed on my external hard drive.: I was trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on my external from my Xbox. It stopped installing so I looked up what to da and it said to restart my Xbox. I did that and when it started back up it...
  7. Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S: Hi everyone, I'm recently encountering issues with few games when trying to install them on the external hard drive of my Xbox One S. To be precise, my external hard drive is a HDD on a docking...
  8. Is it possible to play games you've already installed on a portable hard drive using a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play games you've already installed on a portable hard drive using a...: Hi! So I installed a XGP game (specifically Back 4 Blood) into my portable hard drive using my older brother's computer since his network worked better compared to my laptop, after I was done...
  9. My disk hard drive is noisy in abnormal way when I install a game disk at Xbox series x,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disk hard drive is noisy in abnormal way when I install a game disk at Xbox series x,...: Please I need help New to Xbox! And will be a Xbox gamer for lifetime ❤️ 504de1de-102d-43fc-977a-af2fbd40b3df
  10. XBOX game pass ultimate games wont install on my external hard drive anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX game pass ultimate games wont install on my external hard drive anymore: Hi! I'm having a problem on installing games on a Windows 10 PC from the XBOX game pass ultimate library. I'm trying to install on my external hard drive. I have set this to be my desired place to...