installing games and updates

Discus and support installing games and updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, is anyone else having issues with updates for new games or time consuming installation off games. Think a 15GB update for a new game is a bit... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gediict, Nov 11, 2014.

1. gediict
    gediict Guest

Hey, is anyone else having issues with updates for new games or time consuming installation off games. Think a 15GB update for a new game is a bit excessive when all you want to do is put the disc in and play the game, and not wait 5 hours to play approx.
    I know some broadbands are quicker, is there any other way around this issue.??

:)

gediict, Nov 11, 2014
  2. Quick question

Hi there, you can most certainly select to install the update while the game itself is still installing, I believe what happens though is it will immediately start the download of the update and stop installing from the disc so sometimes to make it a faster
    process, installing the game while offline and then the updates after the game is finished installing offline will be the fastest way to get gaming.

Though to answer your questions, it won't stuff anything up installing the update while the game is still installing, might just make it a little slower.

DigitalAssassin, Nov 11, 2014
  3. Constantly have to install games.

Are you sure it isn't installing updates on your games? I will simply say "installing" regardless of if it's installing the disc or an update.

Just a thought.

DanteSparda504, Nov 11, 2014
  4. AthaNata30
    AthaNata30 Guest

Sadly no. Been playing ever since 360 and if there's an update - it's a must. Game updates is mandatory - "game developers" to ensure that they can bring what's best of there game. What I'm thinking, that(update part) can't be loaded into the disc since
    bluray disc 25 GB (single-layer) or higher maybe.

AthaNata30, Nov 11, 2014
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

Installation of Witcher 3 : Hearts of Stone DLC stops with code 0x87e0000f

Install the game without updating until the game completes the installation, then install the update. It should help.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

Why does my console keep saying "Installation stopped" when I bought a physical copy of a delisted game?

Make sure you have enough HDD space. If the game requires an update, try installing the game without the update first and install the update after the installation is complete.
  7. TristUK_ Win User

Installation Stopped

Do your games install at all? No games or game updates install at all. Always start and immediately switch to installation stopped at 0.0%

Apps and console updates both install perfectly.
  8. Xtramalt Win User

Batman Arkham City; Harley Quinn's Revenge (UPDATE REQUIRED)

When a GFWL game gets a title update, it downloads the update then you need to exit the game before the update will install. There will likely be some prompts or acknowledgements through the install process. Did you exit the game and allow the update to
    install?
  9. Kelemvor79 Win User

purchased fortnite founder pack

Hello!

1- Try to reset the xbox and see if so when you start update the status of the game

2- Go to manage game data and check that it is installed or pending installation.

3- Uninstall the game and restart the xbox

4-Install the games and then install all the updates, be careful not to install any updates before the game.
Thema:

1. installing games and updates - Similar Threads - installing games updates

2. Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates: My Xbox One X Scorpio Edition is not installing any digital games or updates for any games. Disc installs work fine, as do app installs, which is the weirdest part about it. I have done all the...
  3. Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  4. Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  5. Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game: Hi All, want to check if anyone has a solution for the problem here. Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the...
  6. Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One: Hello, I have recently ran into an issue with updating and installing games from the microsoft store on my Xbox One console. Whenever I try to set an update going or install a game from the...
  7. My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps: So i have had this problem many times now and it has fixed it self after a day but now has not fixed it self for about a week now and the xbox help chat line is very bad for customer support. So...
  8. Unable to update or install any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update or install any game: I am getting an installation stopped on all my games. Apps updating fine though, I have tried all avenues to try and fix this. Reset console. Reset router. Tried different DNS. Not install...
  9. Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do: Hi All Literally ran out of ideas on how to solve this problem. Basically my Xbox One won't download any updates/games and just comes up with "Installation Stopped" and "We had to stop...
  10. Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.: After latest update build: 464.2001.10001.70 my console has prompted me to update every install. Except now all the downloads fail. They run a couple of seconds than give multiple error codes. New...