Installing games from discs

Discus and support Installing games from discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox One S and a couple game discs. When I insert a disc, it appears to be installing the entire game on the Xbox’s internal storage.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jla930, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jla930
    jla930 Guest

I just bought an Xbox One S and a couple game discs. When I insert a disc, it appears to be installing the entire game on the Xbox’s internal storage. Why? I thought the whole point of having a disc is so that you don’t have to take up internal storage
    space on the console.

:)

jla930, Jul 9, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox vibrating when downloading a game

When you say downloading a game, do you mean installing from a disc or downloading from Xbox Live? If installing from disc, then there is a some vibration from the the spin of the disc when the game is installing.
  3. FullHornet Win User

Stupid game wont install

If you are installing off of a disc, then disconnect your system from the internet. The patch and the game install are fighting against each other. Disconnect, install the game from disc, reconnect, and install patch.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Fallout New Vegas (Backwards Compatibility) HELPP?!?!

Hey all,

In order to access the DLC in the game you will need to install the game from Disc 2. So if you currently have installed from Disc 1, be sure to delete the game and then install again from Disc 2 for all of the DLC to be installed.

Try those steps and see if they help out.
  5. Elohmn Win User

Can you download a game from your disc to hardrive???

No, you cannot "Download" a Game from Disc. You can Install a Game Disc. Installing a Game does not negate having to use the Disc though.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Wierd noises

When you install a game from a disc, it will make a noise, due to the speed the disc is spinning to install the game.
Thema:

1. Installing games from discs - Similar Threads - Installing games discs

2. playing installed games from discs without disc x360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing installed games from discs without disc x360: hello i have xbox 360 and where i have it i havent got internet... i have installed my games but they wont play without disc and i dont know why but i want to play them without discs... i havent...
  3. 1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was added to the Xbox One BC list last month and is the 6th game from the Capcom Digital Collection Disc to now be supported via BC. However, the Xbox One...
  4. Can I install games from discs so both my cousin and me can play it while only buying once?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I install games from discs so both my cousin and me can play it while only buying once?: Tho it might be kind of piracy, at least my cousin payed for the game. Can I just format some of my discs and copy the files from his discs to mine? Or can I just insert his disc into my xbox and...
  5. Some of my games won't install from disc on the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some of my games won't install from disc on the Xbox One: I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying that an update it needed. So far I've...
  6. AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable: I'm installing from the disc. It's been 17 hours and it's at 5%. This is insane. I've had bigger downloads install faster. I won't be able to even play the game today. I took it offline and but...
  7. Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?: I perfer digital games over disc because of a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is that I tried installing a disc game offline without the internet but when it reaches halfway or so, It says...
  8. How can I play all games install game without disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play all games install game without disc?: Will this work on xbox 360 games or is it on xbox one games.Where do I find the game licence. 41ca473a-5723-4aa5-bc03-5e9bd89f578b
  9. I am unable to install COD 4, COD MW2, or COD MW3 (360 disc)games on my Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install COD 4, COD MW2, or COD MW3 (360 disc)games on my Xbox One.: I am unable to install COD 4, COD MW2, or COD MW3 (360 disc)games on my Xbox One. When I put the disc in my xbox nothing happens. It doesn't read the disc. Nothing happens at all. The discs...
  10. Can I install games from a disc on my xbox one s without internet ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I install games from a disc on my xbox one s without internet ???: Hello, I'm trying to install FIFA 18 from a disc but can I install it without any internet connection and if I can, how ??? Thanks 34804ea2-79c9-4854-968d-32418d9ef8f9