Installing games from discs

Discus and support Installing games from discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox One S and a couple game discs. When I insert a disc, it appears to be installing the entire game on the Xbox’s internal storage.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jla930, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jla930
    jla930 Guest

I just bought an Xbox One S and a couple game discs. When I insert a disc, it appears to be installing the entire game on the Xbox’s internal storage. Why? I thought the whole point of having a disc is so that you don’t have to take up internal storage
    space on the console.

:)

jla930, Jul 9, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox vibrating when downloading a game

When you say downloading a game, do you mean installing from a disc or downloading from Xbox Live? If installing from disc, then there is a some vibration from the the spin of the disc when the game is installing.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Game installed from both game pass and disc

If the original install of the game was from disc it will expect the disc to be in the console. You would need to remove the game and install from the cloud to not have it expect the disc in the console.
  4. FullHornet Win User

Stupid game wont install

If you are installing off of a disc, then disconnect your system from the internet. The patch and the game install are fighting against each other. Disconnect, install the game from disc, reconnect, and install patch.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Fallout New Vegas (Backwards Compatibility) HELPP?!?!

Hey all,

In order to access the DLC in the game you will need to install the game from Disc 2. So if you currently have installed from Disc 1, be sure to delete the game and then install again from Disc 2 for all of the DLC to be installed.

Try those steps and see if they help out.
  6. Elohmn Win User

Can you download a game from your disc to hardrive???

No, you cannot "Download" a Game from Disc. You can Install a Game Disc. Installing a Game does not negate having to use the Disc though.
Thema:

1. Installing games from discs - Similar Threads - Installing games discs

2. I own a game disc but can't install it on a Xbox One S with no CD Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game disc but can't install it on a Xbox One S with no CD Drive: I own the Need for Speed game and have installed it on the first gen Xbox one but I can't install it on the Xbox One S without buying it all over again.... I have several other game discs with the...
  3. Can't install a game from a damaged disc, what should I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install a game from a damaged disc, what should I do?: I own an Xbox 360 and I was greeted with updates. Not sure if it's been added recently but now you can install disc games onto your Xbox. I take good care of my discs, but couldn't install one of...
  4. Game installed from both game pass and disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installed from both game pass and disc: Hello, I have a question, if a game is installed on my xbox from an active gamepass subscription, but I insert the disc with the game, will the game run from the disc or game pass? thank you...
  5. keep getting message 'Not Ready Yet' when trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    keep getting message 'Not Ready Yet' when trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc...: When trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc in drive), I keep getting the 'Not Ready Yet message! All help gratefully received.... fae72a80-7740-4c6e-b769-a363b6dff674
  6. Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...: How do I get rid of the game pass version (Fallout New Vegas, if it matters) so that I can play from disc and access the DLC? The DLC is installed, but game shows "Game Pass" on launch screen and...
  7. Installazione gioco xbox one da disco[Translation-Install Xbox One game from disc]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installazione gioco xbox one da disco[Translation-Install Xbox One game from disc]: Salve, oggi propongo questa domanda che: E' possibile avviare un gioco (Xbox One) dopo averlo installato senza inserire il disco? Cioè installare il gioco e poi giocare ad esso senza inserire il...
  8. install game disc on xbox one s (all digitall)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    install game disc on xbox one s (all digitall): Hey so Im an idiot and thats why i bought a xbox one s without a disc-drive. But I only noticed it when I tried to install fifa20 but didnt find the slot... so now I got fifa in disc form and...
  9. Game disc install error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game disc install error: I just bought wolfenstein: youngblood on disc and i keep getting the error code 0x8b050066 whenever i try to install it and i have no internet at all where i live. What else can i do...
  10. GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!: PROBLEM: -several xbox one games will NOT install on my xbox one from their discs. -i put the disc in, the installation starts, but then stops, and sits in a Queue FACTS: -i have many other xbox...