Installing games

Discus and support Installing games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Do i need xbox live to install a game or just an internet connection 31c98065-deac-4f15-ba97-e16c80b8bc56 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SihkWraith, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SihkWraith
    SihkWraith Guest

Installing games

Do i need xbox live to install a game or just an internet connection

:)

SihkWraith, Sep 10, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Installing games

1. Installing games - Similar Threads - Installing games

2. install game disc on xbox one s (all digitall)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    install game disc on xbox one s (all digitall): Hey so Im an idiot and thats why i bought a xbox one s without a disc-drive. But I only noticed it when I tried to install fifa20 but didnt find the slot... so now I got fifa in disc form and...
  3. Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed: To start off, I purchased an Xbox One S (500gb) Console from a pawnshop. After booting it up and signing in, I noticed that two games were installed, Hitman (which I own via GwG) and Red Dead...
  4. Xbox (beta) app and installing games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) app and installing games: Hi there i have just recently installed the new beta app for the reason of getting the xbox game pass ultimate. It all installed everything fine i went to go and intall a game and it only wanted...
  5. Game pass - Gears 5 - It's not installed.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass - Gears 5 - It's not installed.: I can't play further than 1st act, because game it's not fully installed, but it isn't installing or downloading. It's stopped at 78%. What should i do? 9ddb0921-b594-46fa-b019-8306c5124bf6
  6. Problems Installing PC games via App

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems Installing PC games via App: I tried to install a PC game via the Xbox Beta app. When i click on the game it has the install button, when I click on that it asks me where to install it. I select the drive and something...
  7. Digital games fail to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital games fail to install: Hello, i just bought the new Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Breakpoint and when i tried to download it, it stopped at 22.07gb out of the total 47gb. I now have this problem with the rest of my digital...
  8. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  9. Missing games in Ready to Install list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing games in Ready to Install list: Has anyone else noticed that games are disappearing from the Ready to Install list after the most recent update? I have about 16 games just disappear. I can reinstall them from the store but that...
  10. Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC: I cannot install Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, or Sunset Overdrive, I get the same error every time. Code: 0x80073CF9 I've reset the store app, updated windows, ran wsreset.exe in elevated...