Installing games

Discus and support Installing games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Do i need xbox live to install a game or just an internet connection 31c98065-deac-4f15-ba97-e16c80b8bc56 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SihkWraith, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SihkWraith
    SihkWraith Guest

Installing games

Do i need xbox live to install a game or just an internet connection

:)

SihkWraith, Sep 10, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Installing games

1. Installing games - Similar Threads - Installing games

2. Digital game owned but can’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game owned but can’t install: Hello microsoft so ive recently purchased Halo Master chief collection from a card and redeemed it once it redemeed it said i own this game but it didnt install automatically so i searched halo on...
  3. Game Installations All Paused (despite usual troubleshooting methods)...any tips please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installations All Paused (despite usual troubleshooting methods)...any tips please?: Hi all, - Went to play Mordheim and kept getting "game not ready" despite it being installed. - Deleted game and tried to reinstall but installation kept "PAUSING" - Went through...
  4. Unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and unable to play any game with Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and unable to play any game with Xbox...: I've tried a lot of things, but I'm still unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and I'm unable to play any of the game that I've downloaded with Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft...
  5. Game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install: Hi i bought a game off Amazon and it was resident evil 7. The game wont install. I have no internet. I had the same trouble before and no help. Please help. f10efa55-7d90-4737-993b-6c2a663e082c
  6. Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...

in XboX Insiders
    Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...: I just cleaned up my HD the other day by uninstalling all the GamePass titles that no longer had the icon (meaning I could no longer play them). This was much easier than having to keep up...
  7. Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download: Hi I have attempted to download this game multiple times now and it just will not download. I have successfully downloaded another game from the game pass with no issues. Error code: 0x800704c6...
  8. Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing and updating games with external ssd: Hello, I i staklwd a 4TB SSD in my Xbox one S, to have enough space, bowever im having issues, having to reinstall games and dlcs, like battlefield 4, eas works mg, for some reason something got...
  9. Bought a Game and cant install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a Game and cant install.: Hi, I just bought Minecraft on my windows laptop through the Microsoft store, when I clicked for it to install it on my device it said that it couldn't install and that I needed to sign in to a...
  10. Games install but will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games install but will not start: Some, not all, disc based games will install but not start. There is no error message or codes given. The game will install, and say ready to start. When selected the splash screen for the game...