Installing Games

Discus and support Installing Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my xbox one recently and am trying to install forza on to it with the disc. It finished its installment so i went on the game to play it. It said... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StrainedHail293, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Installing Games

I got my xbox one recently and am trying to install forza on to it with the disc. It finished its installment so i went on the game to play it. It said it had it had update so i done it. And also will it update while my xbox one is turned off?

:)

StrainedHail293, Apr 6, 2015
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Installing Games

[quote user="IX KaMi XI"]Why can I not install games onto this HDD, why is it if I transfer game saves or any DLC to this HDD it's not picked up in-game?[/quote]The Transfer Cable device is only for Transferring content. You may Copy/Move content to and
    from the drive, but that's it. The Transfer Cable device is not visible in-game as a valid storage device.
    The 4GB console is really for casual gamers. The HDD-equipped consoles
    are for more traditional gamers.

Yes, they expect you to buy a HDD-equipped console or a HDD accessory if you're going to be doing more than casual gaming and light duty usage of the console.

IceStorm III, Apr 6, 2015
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Installing Games

[quote user="CloggedGymnast6"]

Got the xbox one last night. Still have not gotten one game completely installed. Trying Forza and stuck at 84% install, is this normal?

[/quote]If you have a really slow internet connection then it might seem as the install is stuck because the console downloads a title update while installing. As the Forza title update is apparently massive being a few gigabytes then this can take hours
    if you have a slow connection.

Malacath, Apr 6, 2015
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest

Installing Games

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Apr 6, 2015
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  7. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

9. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Installing Games

1. Installing Games - Similar Threads - Installing Games

2. Xbox PC Beta- Cannot install games- Install location folder blank

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC Beta- Cannot install games- Install location folder blank: Under settings, general, where you can select the default install location for games, it is blank. If I try to install a game, when it asks where to install it, that is also blank. I cannot...
  3. i just got a 360 120 gb and installing the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just got a 360 120 gb and installing the games: so i did buy some games and some sent to [mod removed] thay all come fine back i installed so many games i just had 2.6 gb left and have many other games i have not fixed yet i noticed my...
  4. I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game: When i try to install/update an App or game, the process stays in "updating" or "installing" but never finished, sometimes receive the following error You need this update, but we cant get it...
  5. Installation error no matter what game that I try and install on Xbox (beta) for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation error no matter what game that I try and install on Xbox (beta) for windows: Hello, I've been having a problem where I cant seem to install any games from game pass or anything on the xbox (Beta) app on PC. It keeps giving me error code 0x8007001f. I have checked and...
  6. All windows store games i have installed run bad

in XBoX on Windows
    All windows store games i have installed run bad: Hi, I recently bought the game pass on my xbox and since i recently got a gaming pc i downloaded some games from the microsoft store, but every game i find runs at like 14 fps. Now i know my...
  7. Why does my Xbox buzz while playing select games and buzz when installing games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox buzz while playing select games and buzz when installing games?: Hi whenever i play some games, my xbox buzzes, I have heard people saying that you need to install them but my xbox straight off buzzes whenever i do that. I can give examples which games are...
  8. Game installing without actually downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Game installing without actually downloading: So, I tried installing Metro Exodus through the game pass app, but the download is perpetually stuck at 0 Mbps. I tried canceling the download which seemed to work, but opening the Microsoft Store...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC: Even though other drive selected, game still install to C:

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC: Even though other drive selected, game still install to C:: I'm having an issue with Xbox Game Pass for PC. I've set the app to install games to another drive, and I can see this in the settings. However, games are still installing to my C: drive. Any...
  10. Bought game code, now can’t install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game code, now can’t install: I bought a game code for Mafia II Definitive edition. It website said I was all good, but when i found the game in my recent transaction, it says the status is canceled. I’m very confused....