Installing old Microsoft PC game

Discus and support Installing old Microsoft PC game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Have downloaded an old PC game (2001) on my laptop for my grandchildren to use and everything successful until I try to run it. It requests I insert... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John2-FB, Mar 3, 2020.

1. John2-FB
    John2-FB Guest

Have downloaded an old PC game (2001) on my laptop for my grandchildren to use and everything successful until I try to run it. It requests I insert Disc 1 but then informs me that it cannot verify the disk

:)

John2-FB, Mar 3, 2020
  2. schnurren Win User

Hello John2-FB,

Tell us a bit more. What version of Windows are you using, what game are you trying to install, hardware that your PC has. Everything you can!

Thanks!
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Fable Anniversary Won't Launch

Have you tried a push install from the Microsoft store page for the game, or using Microsoft Store on a PC and select install to device?
  4. ilm1rko Win User

X cloud Gaming

What is cloud gaming
    Play without install game on device, install only client to streaming play a game.

if you have a good broadband play in FHD with old PC or mobile device.
  5. xBuLL3tSp0nG3x Win User

Xbox One is Anti-Consumer

Have you ever read the licensing agreement with any of the games? You actually don't own it, you paid $60.00 to use it. Just like your PC, you don't own Windows, Microsoft made a deal with the PC manufactuer and it came already installed, you still don't
    own it. Microsoft cornered the "licensing" market with Window, why would you think that the Xbox, old or new, is any different.
  6. luissolid Win User

Sigh in

You can use your same Microsoft account in other PC. But some files of that game are attached to your old PC.
Thema:

1. Installing old Microsoft PC game - Similar Threads - Installing old Microsoft

2. Xbox Games ands Apps not installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Games ands Apps not installing: Hey everyone, I have a serious question. I recently have been trying to buy new games and even download free ones from the store on Xbox and it keeps giving me the message "try that again, waiting...
  3. Installing Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing Minecraft: I have purchased Minecraft, however in the Microsoft store I can only "manage" and not "install" the program. I'm told I do not have "a valid device linked to my account". Despite this, my home PC...
  4. Xbox Beta App Gaming Services installed with incorrect permissions

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App Gaming Services installed with incorrect permissions: Hi community, I've just signed up to the Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta and I can't seem to get any games to install. I've updated to the latest version of Windows (1903) and installed all updates....
  5. Old console showing as available to install to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old console showing as available to install to: So, i have a question that I'm hoping someone will have seen before. I have used to have an Xbox One S and sold it after i bought my X. When i did this I factory reset the console and signed out...
  6. Installation von Spielen auf alter Festplatte in neuem PC?[Installation of games on an old...

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation von Spielen auf alter Festplatte in neuem PC?[Installation of games on an old...: Hallo, ich habe meine alte Festplatte in einem neuen PC verbaut und würde meine Spiele aus dem Xbox Game Pass für den PC gern wieder auf besagter Festplatte installieren - was leider absolut...
  7. So I'm trying to install some old xbox one games that I had uninstalled to make space for...

in XboX Insiders
    So I'm trying to install some old xbox one games that I had uninstalled to make space for...: submitted by /u/Armadill0420 [link] [comments]
  8. Can't find Old Installed Games (Xbox app PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't find Old Installed Games (Xbox app PC): Hi, I have just built a new computer and put an old SSD that had many xbox games pass PC games on it into the new computer. However, Xbox app PC isn't detecting their existence. I also can't...
  9. Old version of Xbox Game Bar still active after installing new version

in XBoX on Windows
    Old version of Xbox Game Bar still active after installing new version: I have updated to the latest windows 10 release and rebooted several times, but an older version of the Xbox Game Bar loads even though the new shows as installed. I ran the Windows Troubleshooter...
  10. I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...: Right now im trying to install my last profile Chattiestomb79 my xbox is saying that it cant be downloaded and i wanna install it but its like its saying tht my xbox dont feel like doing work...