Installing Xbox PC games on a network share

Discus and support Installing Xbox PC games on a network share in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In a follow up to my previous post 2 years ago, is there a solution to this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phillip Parr, Nov 24, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. Phillip Parr
    Phillip Parr Guest

Phillip Parr, Nov 24, 2021 at 2:42 AM
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, I believe the app doesn't support this by limitation. The Xbox app is undergoing several improvements, we recently received the news that it will now be possible to install games downloaded from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app in any folder on our PC, as until then it was only possible to install in the WindowsApps folder which is an encrypted location.

This information can be found at the link below.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/mi...

Since many improvements that the community was asking for are coming, I suggest that you report this suggestion to the Xbox team via the link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

- It is the best place for the voice of the community to be heard.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. Phillip Parr Win User

No such thing

You have to install locally

There is no sharing on pc

Everything has to be registered on the registry and the xbox app
    Do you know why? Steam, GOG, and Origin all handle this fine. I presume it's a defect in the Xbox app?
  4. ngocphi Win User

No such thing

You have to install locally

There is no sharing on pc

Everything has to be registered on the registry and the xbox app
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Cannot install game pass game

Hi Anderdm11,

Thanks for reaching out tonthe forums! Were sorry to hear about your install issues. If I may ask is the computer your currently trying to install the games on a shared computer? If the pc is shared Game Pass may be asking for persmissions from the admin of the PC.
  6. 007Match Win User

Not fully resetting.

Great thanks. I still have a problem though. I have no drive in and the XBox 360 still shows my home media network share? Why? Also, I can't get through the home media network share to show in the network on PC?
Thema:

1. Installing Xbox PC games on a network share - Similar Threads - Installing games network

2. verify installed game without download the whole game again in Xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    verify installed game without download the whole game again in Xbox app pc: I have installed the game on Xbox game pc ( Gamepass ) when I click on play nothing happens I found that the game missing 3 important files there are sizes around 70Mb one of them being the one...
  3. Cant install games on xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant install games on xbox app on pc: Hello, Ive been trying to install games from the Xbox app and microsoft windows store whenever I try I get an error code " 0x00000001" I've done what the support website says which is to check...
  4. Cant install back my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install back my game: I uninstalled my game because it kept on crashing. I wanted to uninstall and install it back but I can't install it back it says that I have to buy the game again....
  5. Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC: I have a normal (not Ultimate) Game Pass subscription and I am having trouble installing games on the PC XBox App. This only applies to some games and not all, and the particular ones I have tried...
  6. How to install Xbox one game on windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install Xbox one game on windows 10?: I own a game called Immortals Fenyx Rising on my xbox one. Now I own a pc (windows 10) and want to put the game on here as well if I go to xbox.com and search the game it says I own it but when I...
  7. Troubles installing B4B from Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Troubles installing B4B from Game Pass: Hi there, I recently purchased a game pass ultimate subscription but when trying to install a game I got hit by an insufficient storage error. So I asked my brother for his 1 To external drive...
  8. My Xbox won’t install or update games through network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t install or update games through network: I have been trying to download games and some updates for others for a while now. Everytime i do it shows up in the queue but will shortly then say installation stopped. I have plenty of space on...
  9. Can I network transfer my installed xbox one games to my PC ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I network transfer my installed xbox one games to my PC ?: I wanted to enjoy the services of xbox play anywhere but the idea of downloading halo master chief collection ( size ≥100 Gb) again on my pc after i did it on my xbox is easier said than done. I...
  10. Installing Xbox games for PC on a network drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing Xbox games for PC on a network drive: I'm a new user of Xbox games on PC, but I can only seem to install them on my C drive. This disk is an M.2, so it's super fast but also pretty tiny. Meanwhile I have a 10Gbit connection to a NAS...