Instant on - daft question....

Discus and support Instant on - daft question.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got both Xbox's set to Instant On, from what I'm reading startup should be around 2 seconds. I assume this is from standby, i.e. you've used the Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nick.king, Feb 8, 2014.

1. nick.king
    nick.king Guest

Got both Xbox's set to Instant On, from what I'm reading startup should be around 2 seconds.

I assume this is from standby, i.e. you've used the Xbox, turned it off and then later on you turn it back on? If for any reason the power is turned off then turned back on and later in the day you power up the Xbox should it still be in it's 'instant on'
    state or will it do a cold boot (about 45 seconds)?

Basically my wife goes round the house and turns everything off at the plug hence my question Instant on - daft question.... :)

Thanks.

:)

nick.king, Feb 8, 2014
  2. IRB
    IRB Guest
    BAMN! Time to update! No choice!

@Daft Badger I have my console set to Instant On but got this forced update message too recently while watching TV with the other half. Instant On doesn't always solve the problem.

3. CalFase
    CalFase Guest
    Maybe a daft question

I'm almost positive that's the case. If it's not unlocked, though, you don't get credit.

CalFase, Feb 8, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

If you remove the power, it will boot with the green splash screen, it will go through the boot process, it will "cold" boot as you say. You need to leave the PSU plugged into line voltage and into the console to keep instant on available.

BusGod, Feb 8, 2014
  5. BusGod Win User

If you remove the power, it will boot with the green splash screen, it will go through the boot process, it will "cold" boot as you say. You need to leave the PSU plugged into line voltage and into the console to keep instant on available.
  6. a tired old guy Win User

Maybe a daft question

[quote user="II EYEBALL2 II"]

I dont think they do,I have numerous RCXD kills from Care Packages and my record shows 0

[/quote]

I was going to meantion this. I have the same deal, except after I thought about it, I havent unlocked the rcxd, while I did unlock some of the better stuff that has been credited, like the attack heli.
  7. Khronokai Win User

Maybe a daft question

Hmmm... I may have to unlock a few SSRs... I've probably done them all through carepackages but obviously don't get the credit.
  8. Beretta Ready Win User

Maybe a daft question

Excuse my ignorance, but what's SSR?
  9. CalFase Win User

Maybe a daft question

Trust the in game stats because you can't trust Elite. It shows some things completely wrong, like me having 0 HK, Sentry, or RCXD kills.
Thema:

1. Instant on - daft question.... - Similar Threads - Instant daft question

2. Xbox one s energy saving mode acting like instant on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s energy saving mode acting like instant on.: I always have my xbox on energy saving mode but now it does the instant start up as if it were on instant on. I even checked and set to instant on and back and no luck. Its just annoying is all...
  3. Microphone instantly muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone instantly muted: Hi, My head set is constantly showing that it is muted. It is the same on both controller pads.I have have bought a xbox head set and still have same problems.The head set used to work with no...
  4. Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly...: Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly shuts off by itself and I cant even get to the menu screen now. The system is not over heating, was having...
  5. Beta Build not connected to internet upon waking from instant on

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build not connected to internet upon waking from instant on: This is pretty new issue and never happened before. When doing a network test it says it can’t communicate with DHCP and to reboot modem, but if I restart the Xbox it is connected just fine....
  6. Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?: Without thinking about it, I unplugged my Xbox One X while it was in instant on mode. I could hear the HDD spin down when I did it, then I remembered it was in Instant On mode. After powering it...
  7. Xbox turns on then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on then off instantly: so this is the issue. Ive been a member for going on 11 years on live. I bought the new xbox x in november 2017. My warranty expired 11 days ago so microsoft will not touch it because im 11 days...
  8. All installations instantly fail

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All installations instantly fail: Every time I try to install any game or app on my Xbox it stays at 0.0% and says 'Installation stopped' I have tried clearing the cache/ factory resetting my Xbox and using an external hard drive...
  9. Xbox One X keeps losing wired internet connection after been "turned off" (Instant Mode...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps losing wired internet connection after been "turned off" (Instant Mode...: I got my Xbox One X on November 2017, since then I've been noticing many flaws but nothing "that important" (I love my xbox) until a couple of weeks ago when I decided to improve my gamming by...
  10. Instant-On not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant-On not working: I have the One X Scorpio Edition. A couple months ago I had an issue with my xbox shutting off saying it was an overheating issue, but turned out it was a faulty console (googled it, several...