Instant on not working? Both before and after joining Insiders.

Discus and support Instant on not working? Both before and after joining Insiders. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My instant-on on a basically new Xbox One X doesn't work. It just always loads to a black screen if I try and start the Xbox with a controller or by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CatchLightning, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Instant on not working? Both before and after joining Insiders.

My instant-on on a basically new Xbox One X doesn't work. It just always loads to a black screen if I try and start the Xbox with a controller or by hitting power. It then stays for a while until it tells me "if this happens again try and restart" with the pop-up offering to restart. I can open the controller menu by holding the XBOX button on my controller but nothing else. I'm not sure what it is, I need to keep the console in instant-on mode to use the Xbox Streaming feature and when I start the console through that app it seems to work correctly. I couldn't find an instance of this exact issue in recent history and I'm pretty sure the console did this before I applied the insider update from its previous retail update. Any suggestions or thoughts or heard of this befores?

submitted by /u/CatchLightning
    [link] [comments]

/u/CatchLightning, Feb 24, 2020
  2. bizzare690 Win User

Instant on, game resume

I'm having the same problem and it's really starting to frustrate me! I have tried it with dead rising 3 and rayman, both on disc and the games won't resume quickly after powering off but when I tried it with Forza which I have digitally, that quickly resumed
    after powering off, I'm not sure if it just disc based games that are having the issues with quick resume. Also everything worked fine before the update!
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox updates

There are a few things, are you both on instant on and to keep everything auto updated. Also are either of you in the Xbox Insider Preview program?
  4. AnimalSiren774 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020

To become an insider, download the Xbox Insider Hub app on your console. You join through the app. After that, you can join various betas.
  5. AllMerePlayers Win User

Xbox One has stopped running games and apps; home button freezes console

Hi, thanks for replying.

I always had it on instant on before this trouble started, but since the problems occurred I have tried it in both power save and instant on modes, and it hasn't made a difference :-\
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

system updates need to be less intrusive

It is even less before a force happens to insiders. Also instant on, keep console updated doesn't always work. When seeing these issues, I automatically assume they are insiders, as auto update (as stated by OP) hasn't solved the issue.

Also it can be an issue if it a is pre owned xbox that the previous person did not remove, before selling.
Thema:

Instant on not working? Both before and after joining Insiders.

1. Instant on not working? Both before and after joining Insiders. - Similar Threads - Instant working Both

2. Instant On Mode- Xbox Automatic Updates — Not working, always have to manually update.

in XboX Insiders
    Instant On Mode- Xbox Automatic Updates — Not working, always have to manually update.: Anyone else having issues with Xbox not automatically doing updates to main system updates or games while your Xbox is on instant on mode? I’ve power cycled and left unplugged for awhile made...
  3. Instant-On not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant-On not working: I have the One X Scorpio Edition. A couple months ago I had an issue with my xbox shutting off saying it was an overheating issue, but turned out it was a faulty console (googled it, several...
  4. Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown: I have an Xbox One X I bought this year and have noticed that no matter which power setting (Instant on or Energy Savings) I have my Xbox on it always does a full boot(I see the 4k chip screen and...
  5. Xbox One why isn't Full shutdown working when "instant on" is off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One why isn't Full shutdown working when "instant on" is off: my main issue with this is when I use the turn off Xbox funktion when holding the guide button the consoles harddrive or discdrive(hard to hear which one it is) is still running. It is the same...
  6. Instant RESUME not working!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Instant RESUME not working!!: Is this a bug? Every time I started the console from stand-by and resume the game, it says profile status change and return to game title screen, very annoying! Any fix?...
  7. Xbox One S Controllers not working after powering on in Instant-On mode after latest update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controllers not working after powering on in Instant-On mode after latest update: I am unable to power on the my Xbox One when turning on my controllers. In addition, if I power it on manually the controllers connect (solid white lights) but they do not do anything, i.e. no...
  8. Xbox One S 'instant-on' not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S 'instant-on' not working: The 'instant-on' functionality is not working on my Xbox One S. I cannot turn my console on using controller, I have to press the power button on the console each time. It also starts up like it...
  9. amazon instant video not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    amazon instant video not working: Every time I try to open the app it says sorry there's been a problem error: IN0203, anyone know how to fix this? 0243b374-cde6-4be5-9164-a59a0f6d4b38
  10. Xbox app no longer sees xbox while in instant on, preview program app not working at all. Both ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app no longer sees xbox while in instant on, preview program app not working at all. Both ...: So, I can no longer turn the xbox on from phone or tab bc it just won't find my console. Nothing has changed on my end. I can see and turn on my PS4 with their pointless app. So it's not my...