Intel NUC MCE and Xbox One - No Audio/Hang when playing video

Discus and support Intel NUC MCE and Xbox One - No Audio/Hang when playing video in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Configuration: Media Center PC: Intel NUC Model D54250WYK [16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, Intel 7560 Wifi] SiliconDust HDHomeRun2 Network Dual Tuner... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UberGadgetFreak, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Intel NUC MCE and Xbox One - No Audio/Hang when playing video

Configuration:

Media Center PC:

Intel NUC Model D54250WYK [16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, Intel 7560 Wifi]

SiliconDust HDHomeRun2 Network Dual Tuner

Uses Intel HD5000 Graphics onboard

Connected via HDMI to Xbox One

WIndows 8.1 with Media Center Add-On Pack installed.

Here’s my problem:

When I try to watch any video though the MCE box, it hangs up immediately. If I use Windows Media Player, I sometimes get an “Audio device not available” error, but in either case, video never plays. As long as I don't play any video, things work great. I can
    play games, run other apps, etc. and it's fine. Its only when there's video playback.

If I connect directly to the TV, I do not have this issue. Things play fine.MCE works flawlessly, Netflix is fine, Xbox Video on the NUC direct to the TV is fine.

I have verified the NUC has the newest bios dated Feb 10, 2014, and newest drivers available for audio, video, chipset and networking. Again, take the Xbox One out of the picture, and things work fine. It’s only when the Xbox One is between the NUC and the
    TV.

:)

UberGadgetFreak, Feb 15, 2014
  2. TheRealZach
    TheRealZach Guest
    XBox One hangs for 20 seconds every time I switch channels.

Pretty much exactly what the title says. Every time I switch a channel on my TV (which is routed through the Xbox) the Xbox hangs.

More specifically:

"Xbox Watch ESPN"

*Switches to ESPN*

*Video plays about 3 seconds with no audio*

*Entire system hangs (not just the video..the Xbox is unresponsive) for a good 15 to 20 seconds*

*Video and audio both start playing again and everything is fine*

This happens EVERY single time I change the channel. Any idea what's going on?

TheRealZach, Feb 15, 2014
  3. collydog80
    collydog80 Guest
    Audio not working on Xbox live videos

I'm having some troubles when playing video through xbox live. I get video but no audio. I have audio when I play games or play music and video through my media server. Have checked audio settings and all seems ok.

Help would be appreciated.

collydog80, Feb 15, 2014
  4. milecu Win User

Minesweeper maxes out CPU - 100% CPU utilization in Task Manager

Problem resolved. The issue is with the Intel HD Graphics driver when used with a 4K monitor on the most recent generation of Intel NUC systems. The use of the most recent versions of this driver result in this problem as well
    as intermittent blanking/flashing of the display. By installing an older version (15.45.18.4664) of the driver both problems are corrected.
  5. glugglug Win User

Xbox One as Media Center Extender

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

Things like Intel's NUC and other sub-mini ITX systems will allow one to roll out a full blown WMC device without having to deal with the "extender" aspect. That gives one access to everything, not just a subset of WMC features.

[/quote]
    That "subset" of WMC features is basically everything that doesn't use silverlight. Which means everything built into MCE except the cool slideshow screensaver that they made more well hidden in RTM. 3rd party plugins that use silverlight light Netflix
    don't work on extenders, but most of those have native XBOX apps that work just as well (albeit with annoying gold subscription). It used to include that stuff as well in the Win7 beta, but they nixed it in RTM.
    What you are suggesting works fine for downloaded videos, but there simply is no other solution for a whole-home DVR like media center. Especially when you include CableCARD support.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox One as Media Center Extender

[quote user="VisageOfAnAngel"]I am incredibly disappointed that the Xbox One isn't a WMC Extender.[/quote]Given the excessive limitations of WMC Extender, I'm not seeing this as a problem.

Things like Intel's NUC and other sub-mini ITX systems will allow one to roll out a full blown WMC device without having to deal with the "extender" aspect. That gives one access to everything, not just a subset of WMC features.
  7. SLafferty Win User

Xbox one S won't play UHD John Wick

I am having this same issue with the xbox one x. John Wick loads to the menu screen, will start the movie and as soon as it starts there is no video but audio does work for a minute. Then the movie hangs and blu-ray player app closes. Was there any resolution
    to this?
  8. Hellhog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 No Audio on TV

Here is another post that I wrote up earlier but didn't post:

Ok, I'm a little confused. Just to be sure, what is not working when:

1. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is directly connected to the TV?

2. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is only connected to the Headset?

3. Does the game audio work through the headset when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and Headset?

4. Does the game audio work through the TV when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and headset?

Note, the headset contains two different audio channels, when connected to the controller, you are receieving the Chat channel, when connected to the Xbox you are receiving the Game audio (the same that would go through the TV). The settings on the Xbox are
    for Chat audio only. That should be set to headset only for when using the headset, this will cause game audio to play through both the TV and Headset while Chat audio through the headset only, if set to both game audio remains the same but Chat audio will
    play through both, and of course of set to speakers then game audio will still play through both but chat audio will play only through the TV. Ideally, this should be set to headset only especially when using the X12.

As for the issues with sound, if it is your TV not producing the sound, check the settings on the TV. Make sure the connections are appropriate. You said you are using Composite, that means the standard Yellow video cable should be connected and the Red and
    White audio cables need to be connected to the corresponding audio for that Video cable. Some TVs, such as my family's still strong Tube TV have 3 auxiliary sources all of which use the Composite Yellow Video cable. Make sure, if you have multiple inputs for
    video, that the audio cables are connected to the correct coresponding source. For example, your TV may have Video 1 and Video 2 but if the video is connected to Video 1 and the audio to Video 2, then you will receive only Video when on Video 1 and only Audio
    when on Video 2.

I'm sorry if any of this is redundant or obvious for you but the first part of this message (the 4 questions above) will better help me in assisting you further. Otherwise I'm slightly confused as to what your second post is saying. As a note, when I say game
    audio, test out a game to be sure. Check to make sure volume is on on devices as well.
Thema:

Intel NUC MCE and Xbox One - No Audio/Hang when playing video

1. Intel NUC MCE and Xbox One - No Audio/Hang when playing video - Similar Threads - Intel NUC MCE

2. DVR z gry, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, kiedyś działało. [Translation-Game DVR, Intel (R) HD...

in XBoX on Windows
    DVR z gry, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, kiedyś działało. [Translation-Game DVR, Intel (R) HD...: Mam problem pamiętam że jeszcze w około 2017 możliwoś nagrywania była na moim komputerze możliwa. (Mój komputer to HP Probook 6570b) Tak teraz po którejś aktualizacji poprostu niemogę. Niewiem co...
  3. Laptop CPU running hot, should i disable Intel's Turbo Boost?

in XBoX on Windows
    Laptop CPU running hot, should i disable Intel's Turbo Boost?: Hi! I've posted a topic on here before regarding my Asus Rog Strix GL503VM running: GTX1060, intel i7 7700HQ, 16gigs ram. My laptop is working perfectly fine. I can play every game without any...
  4. Level One: Intel and the Luster Processor

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Level One: Intel and the Luster Processor: Level One (Routers): Intel and the Luster Processor A Luster Processor will allow people to walk on the ceiling. 2edf8d69-1ba0-4adf-8f3c-bacf40fd930e
  5. Intel Services Interfering with IP Helper Service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Intel Services Interfering with IP Helper Service: Here is a solution i have found for people suffering from there server connectivity being blocked, or unable to join multiplayer servers - Open the windows 10 service manager and find the IP...
  6. Halo Wars 2 can't redeem code that I got from Intel Starter Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 can't redeem code that I got from Intel Starter Pack: Hi, I have a Halo Wars 2 promo code that I got through Intel Starter Pack, however I can't redeem the code, I think it's because I am in Romania. The error I get is also in Romanian, however see...
  7. Intels Security planning?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Intels Security planning?: What exactly does Intels security planning effect online? f9d4670e-7aef-4202-8da8-6648dc5a8a08
  8. 30/30 Intel achievement not unlocked, says stuck at 86%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    30/30 Intel achievement not unlocked, says stuck at 86%: I have gone through the Call of duty 4 remastered and collected All 30/30 Intel as it says in game, no cheats activated But my xbox one says that I'm only at 86% complete for that achievement ....
  9. HVT intel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HVT intel: So I have 60+ of these and it's soon getting round to the weekly reset, anybody know if it will reset your Intel as well? Or do I go for a many targets today (monday)? Am only gs 191 so have...
  10. The divisions all 4 intel achievments will not unlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The divisions all 4 intel achievments will not unlock: I have every piece of intel in the game and the achievements will not unlock it even says on all 4 achievments that i have 100% .i have already deleted my account and did a hard restart and...