Intermittent Network trouble

Discus and support Intermittent Network trouble in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, Had for a long time an issue where (normally when downloading an update) the xbox appears to lose its network connection (hard wired). Going into... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pinkurpledino, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Intermittent Network trouble

Hi,

Had for a long time an issue where (normally when downloading an update) the xbox appears to lose its network connection (hard wired). Going into advanced settings shows a screen (where ip, subnet, etc) are listed, completely void of values except for the port at the bottom with the port number "0".

Only way to get back online is to restart the xbox. Restarting the router does nothing, and other devices on the network maintain their connection at full speed.

This has occurred with three different router makes and models.

Cannot use the XBOX Insider app as the xbox signs me out of my account when it disconnects, and the insider hub cannot "upload" as there is no internet connection.

OG Xbox one, hard wired with a Cat6e cable, through a TalkTalk provided router (also did it with a BT Home Hub 5 and a Netgear DSL router).

submitted by /u/pinkurpledino
    [link] [comments]

/u/pinkurpledino, Jul 12, 2019
  2. taidara Win User

Xbox intermittently will not connect to network

Hey there Pete!

Can you please create a new thread, detailing out your situation, including any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far. This information will allow us to give you the very best support possible. TIA!
  3. taidara Win User

Greetings Superginks!

Before we begin troubleshooting, can you answer a few questions that will help us resolve your issue. Please read:
    START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks!
  4. PistolPetey40SW Win User

I seem to have the same or similar issue with my 360S. About every other time I turn my xbox on, I get a "Cannot connect to XBox Live" error and must Test connection and then it will work. This weekend, it would just refuse to connect to the wireless network
    (and then an hour later, I could test connection and connect to Live as usual). My wife's 360S sits in the same room as mine and connects to Live every time she turns it on as mine used to.When I had the error connecting to the wireless network, hers worked
    fine and the other wireless devices in the house worked as well.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? CA, USA

Modem brand & model number: Motorola (model unknown)

Router brand & model number: DLink (Model unknown)

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? internal

Thanks,

Pete
  5. OK Fowl Win User

Network Troubles

6. Coreysito Win User

Alphajax does not open after logging in it gets stuck with retrieving user info

Hi StormySpade841,

There have been a few intermittent issues with Xbox Live service over the weekend. Everything should be working correctly now. Please let us know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks,
Thema:

Intermittent Network trouble

1. Intermittent Network trouble - Similar Threads - Intermittent Network trouble

2. Faint but high pitched intermittent electrical buzzing sound from xbox one-x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faint but high pitched intermittent electrical buzzing sound from xbox one-x: I've started noticing this strange not very audible but somewhat high pitched/frequency like sound from my console. Happens very randomly, whether I'm in a game session, sitting idle on home dash...
  3. Xbox One X intermittent HDMI loss of signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X intermittent HDMI loss of signal: So about 1.5 months ago, I started running into an issue where my Xbox One X would lose HDMI signal when playing a game in HDR. Some nights, I can get through a full night of gaming (~4 hours for...
  4. XBOX One X disconnects from Wifi intermittently

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X disconnects from Wifi intermittently: I recently purchased a Xbox One X after playing for while on my roommate's Xbox one S. we share the same wifi router and I played games like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands both on One S and...
  5. Wireless intermittently stops working on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless intermittently stops working on Xbox One: I use the instant on power mode and every 3 or 4 times that I turn my Xbox One X on, it is unable to connect to my wireless network. I have to completely restart the Xbox in order to get wireless...
  6. Xbox one X sound intermittently cutting out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X sound intermittently cutting out: Hey all, my sound suddenly started cutting out across the entire system today. All games, even the sounds when moving around the OS. I did a factory reset, swapped HDMI cables, sat on the phone...
  7. [Xbox One S] Screen flashes intermittently

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Xbox One S] Screen flashes intermittently: Hi all, Need some help with my Minecraft Xbox One S console. Shortly after purchasing my console, the screen started flashing in extremely irregular intervals, these flashes are almost...
  8. Intermittent network quality on wireless & disconnection on Cabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Intermittent network quality on wireless & disconnection on Cabled: Hello Community, I am having issues with my streaming that I am hoping you can help me with. Firstly, Wireless. I have the Virgin Media home hub. My Wireless connection is stable yet when I...
  9. Dish Network & No TV Signal detected after instant-on. Intermittent.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dish Network & No TV Signal detected after instant-on. Intermittent.: Intermittently my XBOX One, enrolled in the Preview Program, will display No TV signal after starting the TV app. I have found that I can sometimes power off the Dish Hopper (1st gen) receiver and...
  10. Intermittent but severe party chat issues with two Xbox Ones on same network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent but severe party chat issues with two Xbox Ones on same network: We have two Xbox Ones in the house. Prior to maybe 6 months or so ago we didn't particularly have any issues with this setup. It's difficult to pinpoint when the issue started because the problem...